Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wolf-girl0221
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Target

Post by wolf-girl0221 »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
At first I really thought it was Victoria. Then, like all the other readers I found out otherwise.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
That's a tough one. Yes and no. Yes because he was too harsh because he has her watching everything else and to get mad at her over that just seemed childish. No because he's only doing what he thinks is best to keep Bella safe. If anything were to mess that up it would drive him a little crazy. Can't really fault him for how he is.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I think that they both want what is best for Bella. It doesn't matter if they don't see eye-to-eye on everything. At the end of the day they just want her to be safe and alive.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
I probably wouldn't have been as worried about things as she was if I were in her place. I mean, she has vampires and werewolves protecting her. I'd say there is definately very little to worry about.
I'll be waiting for you until yourheart stops beating. And maybe even after that.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I assumed it was one of the newborns.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?

Yes. I think that everyone relies on Alice's visions a bit too much -- they're not as definite as they think they are.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?

Kind of strange, but I was glad. The fighting was getting a bit annoying, LOL.

Glad that the fighting may be coming to an end.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I thought it was likely to be someone to do with Victoria, but I didn't know who. Another vampire she had hooked up with? I didn't think it was random, and I didn't think it was the Volturi.

Yes, he was. I can understand it, because he's clearly worried, but Alice isn't going to catch everything, and it's unreasonable to assume that she will.

I think it's a question of having a common enemy, and a common loved one to protect. Edward knows the wolves might be able to help with this, and Jacob's anxious to help because he wants to protect Bella, and thinks that he and the wolves can do it better than the Cullens can. Also, he won't trust Bella to anyone else.

Left out.
diehardtwifan37
Settled in Forks

Post by diehardtwifan37 »

I believe Meyer had envisioned Bree as the intruder in Bella's room because she wrote a whole book on Bree's first experiences as an immortal. Stephenie definitely wanted Bree to be more in the story, so I think it was her.

I don't believe he was. Bella is Edwards life. If Bella had been home, she would have been dead. Anyone would overreact in that situation. Edward was just trying to protect Bella.

It was beautiful! Its amazing how two people can come together over something that makes them hate each other. They both wanted to protect Bella. That would warm anybody's heart.

I would just be glad that they were getting along.