Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Target

Post by amulaya »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
I thought it was Victoria at first.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
I do. Because I think he expects too much out of Alice's visions. Even she says that it is too imprecise.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I think Edward would do anything to keep Bella safe.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
Not sure.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I didn't know; I didn't have a guess.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Well, he was a little mean, but it was justified. He was just frustrated and concerned for Bella.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I thought it was cute :P

I would feel mad that i didn't know what they were talking about. But i would also feel relieved that they were finally getting along.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I think it was someone from the Volturi
Yes, he was way too harsh. He should know better that her visions are not perfect sense he thought Bella had killed herself in New Moon but that was not the case.
I don't think it means they are trying to be friends or anything. I think Edward and Jacob have one thing in common and that is keeping Bella safe.
I would probably feel really confused. One minute they are calling each other names and the next they are making plans together.
jovialmadness
Settled in Forks

Post by jovialmadness »

My first reaction was Victoria, but then it didn't make sense that she didn't kill Charlie, so I figured she had someone helping her.

Nah becasue he has these huge blinders when it comes to Bella's safety. He often over-reacts in such a way that it negates her safety. It's quite ironic in a way.

I thought it showed a good level of maturity.

Safer, I suppose.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was? At first I thought it was Victoria. After they said it was a scent they didn't recognize, then I had no clue.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not? I think he was a little harsh. Obviously, this visitor is someone they don't know, otherwise Alice would have seen it. It wasn't the Volturi, because she was watching for that.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together? I think it was good, for Bella's safety. Neither one would cave in to the other, so the best thing to do is cooperate with each other... this unkown vampire presented a threat to the entire area, not just to Bella.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation? I would have been glad that they were trying to get along, given all the animosity between them.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

At first I really had no idea. We know it's not Victoria because it's not her scent, and it's not the Volturi because there was no order given. I was thinking maybe Caius or Jane and Alec might have done something after it was mentioned at the Cullen house, but I highly doubted it. I was very clueless.

Yea he was, but it was an over reaction. He was scared for Bellas safety, and worried about her, and he was angry that something could have happened to her. He didn't mean to be too harsh and he apologised to Alice afterwards. Alice can't keep watch on everything. She is worried about Bella too and would never want anything to happen to her. She is trying just as hard as Edward is to keep her safe, and Edward knows this.

I was shocked at first, but then again, being the gentleman that Edward is, he is doing this for Bella. He doesn't like Jake, but is willing tp "put up" with him for Bellas sake. I think having Jake help track the intruder is just a way for Edward to keep Bella even more safe. He will have the werewolves help which will enable them to be more effective in the hunt.

I would feel a little confused. Here is your Vampire BF that hates your best wolfie friend, and now they are talking about making plans for something and you are sitting there like "Okay guys, very funny, what is going on? Someone let me in on the secret!" I would be VERY happy that they are getting along like this and willing to work together, but it would just catch me off guard. I wasn't thinking EC and JB would be getting along so soon.
kittkatt17
Settled in Forks

Post by kittkatt17 »

1: I was reading stuff on stepheniemeyer.com and it said it was riley in her room. :?:

the rest- i dont know.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I really wasnt sure who it could be. I didnt think that it was any of the Cullens. And i wasnt sure who else would really know about Bella.
Yes. Her thoughts dont always catch everything that is going to happen, and thats not her fauly at all.
I guess I was kind of happy that they were willing to work together finally.
I would just kind of be shocked that they were actually holding a conversation without being totally rude to each other.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
squeakmouse25
Wandering Through Town

Post by squeakmouse25 »

I thought it was Victoria, or someone connected to her. turns out i was right :) according to SM it was riley.
Yeah... Alice's gift isn't infallible. Edward is usually so understanding, but another part of his character is that he's prone to overreaction... and i think he overreacted at alice.
I thought it was a good idea to call a truce until after the fight because it was really the only practical thing to do. I liked that Bella was the common cause that brought the vampires and the werewolves together.
I think it would be good to have anything to tip the odds in their favor.. Bella just doesn't want anyone else she loves to be in danger [Jacob]
--Squeakmouse--
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Hmm, at first I thought it was someone from the Volturi, but then when I figured out Alice would be watching the Volturi, I didn't think it was anyone from there anymore, I figured it had something to do with Victoria, or a totally new vampire we had never met before.

Yes! His outrage was totally emotionally driven and not rational. Alice is working very hard to try and keep Bella and the rest of the Cullen's safe by seeing danger before it occurs. I felt bad for her that he was yelling, and I was very much like Bella in this scene wanting him to stop. I think Edward's whole "plan" for Bella not needing to become a vampire hinged on Alice seeing everything, if he accepts that she can't, he might have to accept that Bella should become a vampire, which he absolutely does not want to do!

I thought it was great! I had been waiting for them to collaborate a little! It seems like they could be a very good protection for Bella if they worked together! And in general their interests seem to be the same concerning keeping Bella safe.

Encouraged but a little weirded out at the same time, since she knows how Jacob feels for her!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium