Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
I think both. He's both jealous and concerned.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
Because she feels guilty and she feels that she owes him,also i think she truly did miss him.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
Because she expected as much from bella.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?
Yes, it's a porsche.

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?
No, the bed was fine who cares if it's unnecessary, she was just overreacting as usual.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
I think that he is insanely jealous. He is also overprotective and I believe that he does believe they are dangerous in the fact that he knows how young and unstable they really are.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
I do believe that part of it is the fact that Edward doesn't want her to go. But, I believe that she truly does love him, he is her very best friend.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
She knows that there really is nothing that Bella can do to get away, and she also knows that Bella really does enjoy it to a degree.

LMAO! If I were Alice, more than likely!

No, I would think it was very sweet.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

Edward is overprotective of Bella and just wants her to be safe.

With their friendship that developed in New Moon and they spent alot of time together and now that Edward is back she cant just say bye and never see him again. Jacob is her friend and just wants to see him.

I think that Alice expected Bella to react that way so when Bella starts getting mad she was not bothered cuz she knew that was the way she was going to be.

Yea, I would.

I think it would be sweet that he cared about where I slept.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I think it's a mix of both. Of course, Edward didn't know what was going on between Jacob and Bella when he left in New Moon, so he could think anything despite Bella's words. But also, I could see how he is really concerned for her because of what happened to Emily, although I thought he should think it through more.

It's kind of weird.. I think it's part guilt, and that Bella will never stop blaming herself for what she'd 'done' to Jake, so she wants to make it up by letting him know that she hasn't completely dumped him for Edward. I also thought she loved him in a subtle way; which was portrayed at the end of Eclipse.

I think Alice wasn't bothered by Bella because she's just a generally happy person, and something a lot worse is going to make her that unhappy. Plus, she knows it's going to be fun (for her at least), and that everything will go back to normal. And Bella wouldn't possibly hate her for doing that, they couldn't end their friendship over that.

No, I wouldn't have.

Eh... kind of. I mean, he's just trying to take care of you, right? And that's just me, because Bella is insanely stubborn. It would have annoyed me a bit though, that he could just spend money on a nice bed for one night.
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

\1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

I think Edward might be just a tad bit jealous, but mostly its concern for Bella's safety.

I have no idea. Why anyone would want to be around such a rude person is beyond me.

Well, she probably had a vision of Bella's reaction, and so she was expecting it. Plus, she knows Bella's temper and how stubborn she is.

Sure. She didn't really do anything bad. Having a sleepover-what torture! Besides, a new car, who wouldnt love that?

Um, well I would be surprised at first. Then I would be disbelieving that someone bought a gigundo, beautiful bed for me to sleep in for just one night. And then I would feel gratitude and I would feel loved that he would do something like that for me.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I don't think Edward is jealous. He knows how she feels about him because everytime they kiss her heart stops. I really think the issue is over a prejudice he has against the werewolves.
I think Bella just really misses Jacob because he is her best friend and he makes her feel relaxed. I do think there is something more than friendship going on.
Alice is just a happy-go-lucky person anyways and she doesn't seem to let things bother her that much.
I think Alice wanted Bella to be safe too so I could see Alice doing it anyways without being bribed.
Yes, I would get tired of Edward being so overprotected and babying me all the time.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I think it's probably both

She know that he is in pain and she really wants to help :D

I think Alice saw it coming :lol:

umm.. probably :oops:

nope not really because it shows that Edward really cared about Bella. Even where she sleeps :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I think a bit of both. You saw what happened to Emily so he has to be slightly concerned and this is Edward we're talking about! He's always worrying! I think he is a little jelous also! He knows that when he left Bella got very close to Jacob and it must bother him a bit but it was his fault because he left so he just covers it up saying he's only worried about ehr safety!

We know that it's something more! She is so in love with Edward that she doesn't realise that she had feelings for Jake all along! I think in this section of the book Edward comes accross as very controlling and if I was her I would ahve looked at both of them and seen what each ahd to offer!

Because she empathises wiht ehr probably! She wouldn't like to be told who she could and could not see! and she's getting the car!

Easily! :lol: I wouldn't be causing Bella physical pain! or anyhitng!

Well yes and no! I wouldn't want to be lead on but I would enjoy being lead on!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? Yeah, I think it's some of both.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? Hmm, when I first read this, I thought she was just missing her friend and was guilty that she was the reason for Jake's depression and bad mood. I hoped it was nothing more.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? Alice knows Bella is stubborn, and I bet she knew that Bella would react that way.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?Yes. Taking in to account the events of New Moon, how Edward wanted to kill himself when he thought Bella had died, I'm sure the entire family wanted to keep Bella safe. A safe Bella means an alive Bella, and that means an alive Edward. The Cullens all love Edward, and they see how much he has changed since falling in love with Bella. They don't want to lose Edward, so keeping Bella safe is the way to do that.

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? No. It showed consideration on Edward's part. He's there in her room every night. He knows that she dreams vividly, talks in her sleep, and is a restless sleeper. He was just trying to make her comfortable; Bella was just too mad at him at the time to appreciate it.
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? I think he's jelous, I'm sure he knows the wolves aren't bad at all, and he is just jelous, like any other man would be, because seriously, he loves Bella!

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? Both. Maybe she is guilty for Jake's bad mood, and she really wanted to comfort him, because maybe she hadn't realized it, but she does love Jacob.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? She's probably not bothered because A. she's getting the car, B. it's for Bella's safety, and C. it's what Edward wants.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? "Hell yes!" -Emmett

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? NO---nooooohoooohoooo!!!! NUFF SAID. ;) xD
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related