Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by Black Rose »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

I think its a good mix between both.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

Bella loves Jake, even if it just as a friend. She doesn;t want to loose him.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

Alice has too much fun. Besides, she knows that Bella can't stay mad at her forever. And she doesn't want to have to deal with Edward if she lets Bella go.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?

If I was Alice, yes. Alice loved that car. And Bella will forgive her. Eventually...

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?

Alittle. It is just a bribe to get her to stay away from Jake. But still...
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
-I think its both. Edward is obiviously concerned for Bella's safety, but at the same time, Edward can get jealous...

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
-To be honest, I didn't really know why. My closest guess would be she really just missed her friend.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
-She probably forsaw it, haha.

-Yes probably, as long as my intentions were good haha.

-No! I thought it was sweet Edward was thinking about Bella and he didn't want her to have to sleep on his little couch.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
mizz-cullen-8
Settled in Forks

Post by mizz-cullen-8 »

I THINK HE IS BOTH JEALOUS AND CONCERNED BECAUSE HE LOVES BELLA AND HE WANTS TO PROTECT HER

JACOB IS BELLA'S BESTFRIEND AND SHE LOVES HIM AS A BEST FRIEND SO SHE CARES FOR HIM TOO

I THINK BECAUSE SHE KNOWS BELLA AND EDWARD AS MUCH AND I KNOW IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF HER PORCHE BECAUSE THAT'D BE LOW FOR ALICE ALSO BECAUSE SHE KNOWS BELLA'S BEING STUBBORN AND THAT EDWARD JUST TRYING TO PROTECT BELLA

YES FOR EDWARD BECAUSE ID UNDERSTOOD THAT EDWARD IS TRYING TO PROTECT BELLA AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

NO I WOULD NOT BE ANGRY ABOUT THE BED CAUSE I HAVE OTHER IDEAS WHAT TO DO WITH IT WHEN EDWARD COMES BACK (LOL! JK :D )
DO IDAZZLEYOU?
EDWARDCULLEN
rachelcullen86
Settled in Forks

Post by rachelcullen86 »

I think this is a combination of the two... of course he is jealous, he left Bella & she became indisputably close to another male...human or not he is still male & is going to feel jealous, I think also he knows little about the wolves and so probably does view them as dangerous...Bella only knows differently because she spent so much time with them, but if it weren't Jake would she be running off to spend time with werewolves?!

Underneath everything, Bella loves Jake, whether as a brother, a friend or something more...seeing that she is causing him pain makes her feel extreme guilt, similar to that which Edward felt when he left her... for some reason, there is only one thing that makes Bella act selfishly & that is Jake...she refuses to give him up

I think Alice is not bothered as she knew it would happen

Alice is not just Edward's sister, she is also Bella's friend and I don't think he would have needed to give her much at all to convince her to spend time with & protect Bella

I don't think I would be angry about the bed, I don't think Bella is angry about the bed either... she has a tendancy to opt for stroppy teenage dramatics, refusing to sleep on the bed is her equivilent of throwing her toys out of the pram
"You smell just exactly the same as always. So maybe this is hell. I don’t care. I’ll take it." Edward Cullen - New Moon
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

I think he is trying to tell himself that it is just the wolves being dangerous, and I think he truly believes they are, but I also think he is jealous. I think Angela gets it right when she says "Edward's only human Bella. He's going to react like any other boy." pg.136 She's off about the human part but this is still Edward's first romantic relationship and I think he is slightly insecure about Bella's feelings for him (which makes him jealous) because he can't know her mind. We (or at least I) always knew that Bella knew what she couldn't live without, because we were reading her thoughts, but Edward didn't know all that we could hear. This slight insecurity about Bella's feelings just makes me think he is more wonderful and more perfect. I get this feeling all through Eclipse which is probably why it may be my favorite, and why I would love to hear it from Edward's mind.

I think she is just angry in general at him, and hasn't really thought about the other possible uses for the bed. I probably would have been too. I wonder when Edward bought the bed and rearranged his room if he let his mind wander to the other possible uses...
Renesme_Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Renesme_Black »

About all the questions, here is what I think: Both, More, More, I don't really know only Alice does, Yes and Yes. :!:
Renesme_Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Renesme_Black »

Black Rose wrote:1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
I think that there is a strong mix of both, although it's beyond Edward to be that jealous.
I think its a good mix between both.

I think Bella loves Jacob more than a friend, but she just doesn't know it yet.
Bella loves Jake, even if it just as a friend. She doesn;t want to loose him.

Alice is having too much fun. I think Jaspers helping her stay calm has an impact, too.
Alice has too much fun. Besides, she knows that Bella can't stay mad at her forever. And she doesn't want to have to deal with Edward if she lets Bella go.

Proably...... yes.
If I was Alice, yes. Alice loved that car. And Bella will forgive her. Eventually...

OF COURSE I WOULD BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY JUST FOR ONE NIGHT AND THEY BOUGHT A FREAKING BED!
Alittle. It is just a bribe to get her to stay away from Jake. But still...
Renesme_Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Renesme_Black »

K
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

I really thinks it's both,I mean, there is no guy on Earth that would just let his girlfriend go hang out with another guy. And also because he is a werewolf.

Because Jacob is like a brother to her, and her best friend besides Alice. Short and to the point.

Because Alice probably already saw it and I'm she loves Bella and can probably understand her position.
Besides Jasper might have been helping,but then why was Bella so upset?

Totally!!! It's a flippin Porsche!!!

Yeah, at first. But then I would get over it and sleep in it. Besides, it's in his flippin room!!! And he's gonna be in there with you!!!!
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

1. Maybe a little of both... I would be concerned if someone I loved was spending time with a bunch of wolves :!:
But I don't think Edward is very jealous because I quote Edward "Bella I left you bleeding and Jacob was the one to stitch you up, that's bound to leave a mark." or something like that but you get my point.

2.Again a little of both, Bella has realized she still loves Jacob she just won't let herself know. And wouldn't you feel guilty if you hurt one of your best friends, I know I would.

3.Alice is holding Bella hostage and she knows Bella really doesn't like that and she also knows being held hostage is NOT fun who likes being held hostage?

4.Probably not. I wouldn't want to hold someone hostage even for a Porsche 911.

5.Well it is sort of a waste but who has an objection to a new bed? Nobody but Bella!
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!