Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kcrn1995
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by kcrn1995 »

1. Vampire or not Edward is a man. His guilt of leaving Bella plagues him and he wants her safe. The werewolves may not be a subject that he has studied. There is a lot of unknown. Edwards' strong desire to keep Bella away from LaPush, the werewolves and Jacob is because he does not believe that Bella truly loves him and having her spend time with Jacob in a place that he can be only deepens his fear that she will not return to him. Bella proclaims she loves Edward and that Jacob is her best friend. Edward is her life, yet she has this unyielding desire to see another "man". She will do anything to see Jacob: lie to Edward, lie to Alice and lie to herself. Edward has proclaimed himself to her, however, Bella cannot reciprocate committment because she is too guilty about Jacob and how he feels even though she has allowed the feelings to become something she professes is only friendship.
2. Bella wants what Bella wants. NM is the hardest book for me to read because it shows Bella as a very self-centered character. Wants Edward, wants Jacob, wants immortality. Bella tells herself that Jacob is a brother and best friend. For most people who have brothers and best friends, there is no obsessive desire to spend time with them at any cost. I wish just once in the book Stephenie would have had Edward back off from Bella when she deceived him and started her whining about Jacob.
3. I agree with those who said that Alice saw Bella's reaction coming about her being held hostage. So for the laid back Alice it was just another "day".
4. The payment for trying to keep Bella safe was the car. But Alice would have done it for no gift because Alice loves Bella as a sister.
5. Once again, Bella throws a temper tantrum. The bed was given to her to make her time there as human as possible. I guess the vampires could have been without heart and left her to sleep on the couch or the floor.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? A little bit of both. Mostly concern, but some jealousy I'm sure.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? I think we all know it's something more.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? She's getting her porche. And she might think that it's just silly human emotions.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? Yes.

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? No, because it's a bed, I mean I like to be comfortable and it would obviously mean that Edward was thinking about me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LoveTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
Wasn't it Edward who said "I may not be human, but I am a man"? Yeah, he's deffo jealous. I don't think any person could not be jealous when the person you love wants to go to such lengths to be with someone else, even if they are just friends. It makes it worse that Jake loves Bella. Although, saying that, I think part of it is still concern for her safety, as Edward is a wonderful, overprotective, gorgeous control freak :D

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
I think I understand Bella's link with Jacob as I knew a boy that I couldn't live without for a while; we missed each other so much when we were apart. I understand their super strong connection, it pulls you to each other. I think thats why she needs to go see him so much, but then again guilt is also a strong emotion and I think there could be a small part of her that goes to see him out of guilt. Bella's pretty selfish when it comes to Jacob but I don't blame her at all, it's difficult not to be when you have that sort of relationship with someone. You can't live without them but you can't let them go :?

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
Simple, she saw it coming, obviously.
Also, she's a vampire. She's a lot older than any of us or any of the humans in the book so Bella being angry about it is gonna be like a kid throwing a strop over sweets to Alice.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?
I think I'd have done it more for Bella's own safety, but I wouldn't have turned down the car ;)

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?
I would have straight refused to sleep in that bed, just like Bella. Especially after being kidnapped like that, without being consulted at all. If Edward had wanted me to stay that badly he would only have had to ask!
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?
Both, I guess. He is scared that Bella will get hurt, but he is also worried that she'll realize that Jacob is in a way safer for her. He also knows how Jacob feels about Bella and I can imagine that he isn't too happy about that.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?
Jacob is her best friend. I imagine that has something to do with it all.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?
I think she finds it amusing. :lol:

Yeah, I think I would have. :? Not really for the car but for Bella's safety. They are friends after all.

No. I never really got why she had to react that way to the bed. Oh well, it's just Bella, I guess.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- Oh, he is definitely jealous of Jacob and his feelings for Bella, but he is also very aware that the Quileutes (sp?) will become very dangerous if the agreement was to be broken.

- I think as a friend, she wants to be w/ him. It could be out of guilt, but not so much. Maybe she realizes he is meant to be in her life in some way.

- Ok, first thought...."she had a vision", haha. She is also getting paid for it and definitely trusts her brothers judgment as well.

- I'm VERY much like Alice so I probably would have been, "Ok, I'm going to put you in handcuffs, feed you, and give you water. Anything to keep you safe! You will NOT die!"

- It wouldn't have bothered me because I plan on living there! Just because I will be a smexy vampire, does not mean I don't like to be comfy! :p
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

A little bit of both, I think it was convenient for him that Jacob was a werewolf that way it was justified for him to want Bella away from Jacob

It was more, IMO, she was truly in love with Jacob, but as Jacob said it wasn't nearly enough.

I think, its just the way Alice is! Happy and cheerful; she knew it was for Bella's safely, no matter how much Bella complained about it.

Yup.. :D come on! its a Porsche 911, AND it was for Bella's safely, all the more reason to do it..!

I'm very much like Bella, I don't really like people buying stuff for me that I don't think is necessary.
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I think it is a combination of both! Wolves are dangerous (look at Sam and Emily)...but he is also aware of Bella's strong connection with Jacob that developed during Edward's absence. Hard not to be jealous of that! Especially knowing that he created it somewhat by leaving Forks in the first place.

I think it is guilt for the most part. But a part of her relishes in the freedom of being with Jacob and the ability to be "irresponsible Bella." I started to get somewhat mad at her about this stuff though because I want her to be with Edward and it feels like she was risking that relationship by chasing after Jacob and wanting to be in La Push.

Alice sees the future - she probably sees Edward and Bella together forever so she's not worried. She also gets a Porsche out of the deal!

Alice and Edward are brother and sister and she knows exactly how much be truly loves Bella and how much it tears him apart to be away from Bella AND to have her with the unstable wolves. I would likely do the same for a brother...car or no car.

Not at all...bed with Edward...DREAMY! He's trying to make her comfortable...it's nice! Much like Edward, I am often surprised by Bella's reaction to things though.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

i think both.
he is her best friend. guilt mainly..
she probably expected it.
if my brother offered me that, i would!!!
yeah i dont like people buying me things.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

I think it's a combination of both! I agree with Jacob when he said that both him and Edward were playing a game but Edward knew what he was doing! I think Edward was concerned about the wolves, but was jelous too!

Well, we find out it is something more don't we! :lol: I think at that point though she didn't know how she felt! I think Bella was annoyed by how Edward wasn't letting her do anything and it was a chance to rebel!

Because she wants a porsche! :lol:

Easily! It's not as if Bella was getting hurt, she was just annoyed! It wasn't forever either!

Yes, because I wouldn't like to be led on! I would have gotten over it though!
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I think it was both. One is that he was just as ignorant about the werewolves and they were of the vampires. Plus he is way overprotective of Bella (which isn't completely bad, just annoying at times). And second, jealous is right. You read where he was jealous of Mike Newtons and Bella has a lot more to do with Jacob. Plus I think Edward could tell that she felt more than just friendship for Jacob even when she didn't realize it. So yeah it is both.

Because she does have more feelings for him than she realized. Plus he did help bring her back from that horrible depression. Maybe not completely but still he was like a life preserver. It is hard not to want to have something to do with someone you love, even if you don't realize it. It is almost like an addiction.

Because Alice is just Alice. It seems that she is just perky all the time regardless. As far as what she was thinking, I can't say since I'm not Edward :lol:

If I thought that Edward was right about the danger, I might do it. Though I am not as I would have to be an invisible vampire to pull it off. So that I don't feel to bad about forcing someone to be where they didn't want to be.

LOL NO. I would sleep on the bed but be ticked off because Edward was making me do something that I didn't want and treating me like he was my father and I was grounded.