Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Evasion

Post by futurevampire »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
In 8th grade. Not graduated yet.
2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?
Uhm, something. I don't usually make predictions. I'm not a concentrate-and-figure-it-all-out type. I'm a keep-reading-and-you'll-know-eventually type.
3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I figured that he had other reasons, yeah. You can tell something's suspicious. I don't remember, but I don't think I knew what they were.
4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
My mom explained everything a while ago...I'm Catholic..sooo...we all kinda wait until we're married...and I'm not stupid..so....uh....we haven't really said anything about it since. It wasn't awkward. Poor Bella.
5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
No. Of course she forgave him. How can you stay too mad at your true love? What good would it do? And she did stare at the window for a while before she forgave him, so it wasn't tooooo long..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
let's just say they were very different.... :lol:

i thougt, "oh shoot! laurents girlfriend wants revendge now!"

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
no, i really thought he didnt want esme or carlisle's feelings hurt.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
again, lets just say it was very different.... :lol:

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
i think. i guess being in love makes it hard to hold grudges though... i dont know.
Betting on Alice.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I can't say they are anything alike I wasn't in a life and death situation at the time so they are so not even close to having anything in common. Except for the fact that I wouldn't get to see some friends that I truly cared about.

I thought about Victoria or the Volturi. I figured it was one of two evils and those are the only ones that I thought of as a real threat to Bella and the Cullens.

I'm pretty good at figuring out plots most of the time so I knew that Edward wanted to take Bella away because of Alice's vision and since her vision could only be Victoria or the Volturi iI figured that was the reason that Edward took her away.

I thought that Bella's talk was so embarrasing because it was her dad I laughed so hard i cried. I never got the talk from my parents but my mom and I have always had a very open relationship and she asked me what I knew and she filled in the emotional parts of "The Talk" that you don't get in school.

Not really If it was me dating Edward I would have done the same thing, I know I sound weak but come on it's Edward it's not like you can stay mad at him for longer than a couple of minutes or in my case seconds. Plus she knew what it was like to be without him and now that she had him back she wasn't about to keep him out for something as trivial as that.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's. For my graduation, I was worried as well, but not about a life/death situation. I was more worried about saying goodbye to my friends

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? I thought that she saw Victoria.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? I did not expect one.

My mom gave me "the talk" so it wasn't as akward as Bella's but it was still wierd. There really aren't many similarities.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? I think that she forgave him a little too quickly because Jake held together when Edward was gone.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I haven't graduated yet...I will in May of 2010 though

Something about the killings going on.

Doens't he always, to get Bella out of Forks.

My parents haven't really had "the talk" they trust me i gusse they don't really see the and I hope they never do

Nope.
**Kathryn**
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I was like three months pregnant when I graduated,.. so needless to say,.. I had a lot of different feelings about graduation.

Maybe the Volturi coming..

I was kinda surprised he had forgotten the tickets.. vampires don't seem to forget many things,.. I thought it was weird but not really. I loved the comments about staying in the U.S.

haha.. I didn't really get a talk.. after being caught sneaking out one night, my mom sat me at the table and told me I was getting birth control.

I actually felt Bella was being extremely ungrateful. She JUST got Edward back but wants to risk hurting him by going to see Jacob.. I understand her love for Jake.. but if all she ever wanted was Edward, why would she do something like this.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Well, she obviously had worse things to worry about. She wasn't really worried about THE graduation day, she was worried for what was going to happen after that.

I didn't have an idea, but I guessed something about Victoria.

Not really, the tickets were about to expire so I thought it was normal of him to want to go as soon as possible.

Well, I had that talk with my mom, not my dad, so I guess it's a little bit different. And I can talk to my mom about anything, so I wasn't worried.

I guess so, I didn't think he was going to be that difficult. But I wouldn't have lasted too long angry at him. I guess it's part of his charm.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I was just glad to be done with school.

I thought Bella had disappeared because of wanting to go to La Push.

I suspected he wanted to keep her from Jacob.

Luckily, I never got that talk!

Yes.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I'm a few years away from graduation, and I have no clue what could change by then. If I were to graduate right now, I'd be happy to get away from that hellhole, but it may be different when I'm a senior.

I had no theory.

Nope, I didn't suspect anything.

Quite similiar. I got it in an awkward fashion from my dad, and all I can remember from his explanation was the phrase: "Yeah, it'll hurt at first, but after a while you'll get used to it..."

I think that he was being pretty mean, but I understand how Bella is bad at holding grudges.
Nora

Post by Nora »

I haven't graduated yet, but many of my friends have. They've told me that it's kind of sad, because you all go to different schools and you won't see each other daily anymore.
I did suspect that it had something to do with Victoria, but I wasn't sure what ecactly it was.
It did feel like he was hiding something but I didn't think that he had any motives with the Florida-trip. I thought that he wanted Bella to see her mother before she is turn into a vampire. And I also think it would have hurted Esme's feelings.
Well, I haven't had "the talk", so I can't compare, but I would bet it would be embarassing.
I think she didn't forgive at first, she just didn't want to fight with him. Well, I wouldn't want to fight him eather. :)