Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Alphie »

Thanks to Cocoa for the Questions!

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
Sarah-Lynn

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified? Um, heck yeah! After watching Bella go through that kind of depression when Edward left her, how could he NOT think that Edward would hurt her again? No parent wants to see their child in pain, no matter what the cause.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship? yes

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella. hmm...The first time I read it, I thought he was being such a baby! lol!! Then I remembered what it was like to be 16, which was half of my lifetime ago, and remembered being emotional and hormonal, too! It sounds like he wants to be friends with her, but doesn't want to push her into the middle of the wolf vs. vampire life... it's either him or Edward, and Jacob should have known that she'd pick true love over friendship.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push? No. Edward's thinking is very cut and dry. He knows the history of the werewolves and honestly feared for her safety. He didn't realize how close Bella and Jacob had become during his absence in New Moon, and that Jacob honestly would not hurt Bella, even though Bella told him that.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women? lol, no
Saffron Sunset
Settled in Forks

Post by Saffron Sunset »

Definitely. He doesn't really know or see much of Edward, so he has every right to hate him. Edward probably thinks Charlie has the right idea; they're both so worried that Edward will hurt her again. After Bella's cold-turkey reaction in New Moon to Edward's leaving, Charlie might want to rid her of the "drug" as soon as possible. Not to mention that Bella seems to have near-fatal injuries half the time she's with Edward. Charlie knows, I think, that there's something strange and abnormal about Edward, and I don't think he can be comfortable with it.

Yes, about a friend, and they turned out to be right. They would never be openly hostile to someone I liked, though. They trust me to make my own decisions and to know how to deal with the consequences. There's only a certain amount you can learn from someone else's advice – the situation is always different for you, isn't it? – I think everyone has to make their own mistakes to really learn those life lessons.

I thought it was so real and intense. There's so much bitterness and love showing between the lines at the same time. I think it's a great way to plunge the reader straight back into the story we left at the end of New Moon, because Jake's character really shows through. He has such depth and emotion that he can't help but let it come out through every outlet, including writing.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Sarah-Lynn wrote:No. Edward's thinking is very cut and dry. He knows the history of the werewolves and honestly feared for her safety. He didn't realize how close Bella and Jacob had become during his absence in New Moon, and that Jacob honestly would not hurt Bella, even though Bella told him that.
Can't put it better than that. =)

Not as far as I'm aware ...
Formerly known as t1gr355.
I'm a Vesperarium Staff member – find the site here for graphics help!

(Keep it light.)
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I think they are. If someone had done that to someone in my family, such as the vents in NM, it may take a while to warm up to them again.

2. Yes. But it was a friend, not a boyfriend. She was mean too, and eventually caused a lot of ruckus in our town.

3. Personally, Jacob isn't my favorite character, but I thought it was good they were still communicating in some way, even after Edward came back. I did feelbad though, he kind of lost a friend, and didn't know how to talk to Bella in the right way.

4. Yes. Bella should be allowed to go wherever she wants. But also no, because he is just trying to keep her safe.

5. No. I don't really even know if my dad has a best friend. Just, friends. But he doesn't gossip with anyone, that I know of? :?:
thecrimsonrose
Settled in Forks

Post by thecrimsonrose »

probably but then again any father probably feels that way towards his only daughters boyfriend. he only feels warmer towards jacob because he is best friends with billy

oh yeah

i think he got hurt by her and was trying to protect himself from more hurt so i think it was justified, not very nice, but justified

no not really but can u blame the guy for being over protective

not really!
Didn't Edward tell you how many houses me and Rose wrecked?-Emmett, Breaking Dawn
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

My View on Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Sturpherz »

I absolutely think that Charlie was justified in the way he felt towards Edward! We may have known why Edward left Bella, but Charlie had no idea. He only knew what he saw, and he saw his daughter slip into a horrible depression because of a heart that was broken by Edward. He was only being protective of his daughter like any other good father would have done.

Absolutely. And did I listen to them when I should have, absolutely not.

Apart of me wanted to be mad at Jacob, wanted to think he was acting like a two year old who didn’t get there way…but when I actually thought about the situation he was in, I couldn’t help but empathized with him. It was obvious he wanted to at least be friends with her, but he was a sixteen year old boy was dealing with the fact that he was now and forever will be a werewolf, who was in love with his best friend who in return was in love with his moral enemy….

No I do not think that Edward was being unreasonable with the La Push issue, but I also don’t think that Jacob or any of the other pack members in La Push would have hurt Bella either. Edwards’s feelings about Bella going to La Push to see Jacob had little to do with Jacob and Bella’s relationship and more with the fact that he saw what happened to Sam and Emily and he knew that “werewolves” had a very short temper and that sometimes they could not control them selves. Even if Jacob promised Edward that he would never hurt Bella, Jacob and Edward both knew that there was no guarantee and Edward just did not want to take that chance.

I am going to have to say no on that one.
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I definitely think they are justified, but if my parent was as antagonistic as Charlie acts, I'd be pretty ticked off at him. It's one thing to tell your daughter you would rather her not date this guy, but another to be rude.

No, but that's probably because I keep things like that to myself, and my parents never really heard about things.

Made sense to me. I really thought, at the time, that Bella should have respected his wishes and left him alone.

No. New werewolves are unpredictable, just look at Emily. If one of the wolves had lost control and hurt Bella, the treaty would have been immediately void, because Edward would have killed them.

I have no idea.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Kinda sorta. If you think about it Edward left so Bella would be safe from the vampire world and he didn't have contact with her b/c he knew if he did he would have to come back. So all Charlie knows is that Edward left with no warning and no post break up contact (but we know diff'tly) And charlie also knows that bc of Edward he had no idea where Bella was for three days (we also know otherwise) so in a way they are justified but I think he is being a little harsh on him.

no

I think it is justified. He loves her for gods sake and he misses her but he doesn't trust the vamps anymore then the vamps turst the wolves.

Sort of. We know and Bella knows Jake would never ever hurt her on purpose. But Edward is right young werewolves can phase at any moment I mean look what happened to Emily.

Yes lol. But they go bike riding and sailing not fishing.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

When you look at things from Charlie's perspective you understand why he doesnt like Edward. Charlie literally went through hell when Edward left her in New Moon, and is only trying to protect his daughter.

Not really. They usually like who I choose.

I understand Jacob. I've always understood where Jacob is coming from. The pain he is going through is very hard for him, and being tossed aside so easily by Bella made him choose his words in his letter carefully. Bloody leeches

Yeah without a doubt, and people say Jacob was hard on Bella.

Not at all thankfully.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I can't blame Charlie about having second thoughts about Edward. He does not want Bella to be hurt again like last time after her Birthday. It was torturous for both father and daughter. Its a parent thing.

Not really. I have never been in a relationship. But my sister had, and they were okay with it.

I felt that Jacob was thinking abit too far. I understand, its a friendship love. No one wants to loose their friends, especially if that friend is in love with you enemy. I thought that he should have think twice before running away.

I don't feel unreasonable. He only wanted to protect Bella,and because he knew werewolves were impatient creatures. He did not want them to harm Bella.

Unfortunately yes. I sometimes wonder.......
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.