Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pharmer4
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Official Twilight Soundtrack

Post by pharmer4 »

It worked well today, actually. The power supply kept it going all day as planned.

I think all of the soundtrack and all of Paramore's Riot came on, and only one song got skipped, which was "Ghosts Over Japan" by "From A Second Story Window", which I think is a quite mellow song.

It is weird hearing the songs piped through a generic sound system, though. Some songs just don't translate well.
30 year old tattooed metal-loving male Twilight Fan. Breaking the Stereotype.

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

pharmer4 wrote:It worked well today, actually. The power supply kept it going all day as planned.

I think all of the soundtrack and all of Paramore's Riot came on, and only one song got skipped, which was "Ghosts Over Japan" by "From A Second Story Window", which I think is a quite mellow song.

It is weird hearing the songs piped through a generic sound system, though. Some songs just don't translate well.
i know the feeling... sometimes a song sounds great when its just you listening with your headphones and you can connect really well with the lyrics and music... but sometimes when your listening with other people, especially if ts thier first time hearing it, you suddenly find yourself feeling almost self consious about it..

or maybe thats just me... :roll:
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

shortstuff wrote:
pharmer4 wrote:It worked well today, actually. The power supply kept it going all day as planned.

i know the feeling... sometimes a song sounds great when its just you listening with your headphones and you can connect really well with the lyrics and music... but sometimes when your listening with other people, especially if ts thier first time hearing it, you suddenly find yourself feeling almost self consious about it..

...and sometimes, you just gotta spin that volume knob and let it break your eardrums!!! Though that's not appropriate in the office.... I've been doing that a lot lately with Paramore's The Final Riot!!
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

daniel.cullen wrote:
shortstuff wrote:

...and sometimes, you just gotta spin that volume knob and let it break your eardrums!!! Though that's not appropriate in the office.... I've been doing that a lot lately with Paramore's The Final Riot!!
yes, paramore must be listened to at full blast. its just not right otherwise..
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

Yeah, kinda like Rise Against.... I tried listening to that in my office, and had to keep it quiet. Didn't like it too much. Got in my car and cranked it up... I loved it.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

what is the final riot like - I'm not usually a fan of live albums unless I know the songs well, and since I've gotten very familiar with Riot, this should be OK.

Obviously production plays a role too . . . .so, how is it?

If you don't understand the science of Twilight, or just like to scoff at it, read my explanations here
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

It's awesome. I like it as much, and at times more than, the studio albums. They must put on a hell of a show. You should definitely check it out.
pharmer4

Post by pharmer4 »

cool, I will check it out then.

Nightswimming93
Settled in Forks

Post by Nightswimming93 »

Did anyone else think that the version of MuteMath's Spotlight was different in the DVD from the movie in the theatre?

I saw it in the theatre 4 times and I am fairly confident that the version (that starts out in the parking lot) was the same as it is on the soundtrack--but it sounds very different when that scene starts on the DVD. As it progresses into the walk on the rocks, and Edward's telling of his and Esme's change, it sounds more the same as the original (it's just background music without lyrics at that point). I liked it better with the soundtrack version.

I hope someone else noticed and I'm not crazy. Although I'm sure paying to see the movie 4 times could classify me as crazy anyhow.
"LOSING TRACK OF TIME WAS THE MOST I ASKED FROM LIFE."
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

The soundtrack has grown on me lol. I love both the Rob Pattinson tracks, especially let me sign, that song is beautiful. Supermassive Black Hole is also great and every time i listen to it, all i can see is Carlisle pointing his baseball bat skywards lol.

The one song that is missing, that i thought would be on there and that i like listening to is the one at the very beginning of the credits (at least i think that is where it is lol), Radiohead: 15 Step. That song is brilliant, i wonder why they left it off seeing as it was credit song.

Keep listening to the Paramore songs, i've only recently discovered Paramore (CrushCrushCrush is one of the songs on one of the Guitar Hero games for the DS lol).