Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by BerAngelVamp » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:45 pm

yea, it was about 15 minutes shorter today than the midnight showing from thursday....my bro went and saw it friday, i asked him if he saw the part where edward and bella were laying on the tops of the trees and he said he didn't see it either....i'm wondering if they put that in only for the midnight showing and took it out for the reg. showings....at least at my theater....it was strange...

i hope i'm not a crackhead about it! well, not that kind of crack head, a rob crack head, sure! but not a crack crack head.....ahhh i'm just so happy! i really am glad i saw it again and was able to enjoy it better...maybe the third time will be even better if possible!

my hubby has always wondered why i am so obsessed with twilight, i dragged him to the movie tonight (like, almost hog-tied him) and he actually really liked it and let me tell him the back-stories on some of the characters! :D

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS A SPARKLY VAMPIRE!!!
~Amber

jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:47 pm

My hubby has seen it twice and he liked it too but I made him read all the books and we actually talked about the parts from the books and future movies and stuff... it's nice that he can share some of my Twilight life with me.

I didn't see any part where Edward and Bella are laying on top of a tree? That sounds awkward just so you know.

crack is good.

*licks her banner*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*

BerAngelVamp

Post by BerAngelVamp » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 pm

jlbower79 wrote:My hubby has seen it twice and he liked it too but I made him read all the books and we actually talked about the parts from the books and future movies and stuff... it's nice that he can share some of my Twilight life with me.

I didn't see any part where Edward and Bella are laying on top of a tree? That sounds awkward just so you know.

crack is good.

*licks her banner*
that's awesome! wish mine could read...haha...
yea, i thought it was awkward too, and when i saw it, i was thinking, "well, bella is just too damn clumsy for that, she would have fallen right out!" ---which is why i noticed it was missing this time, it pissed me off that they had put that in there....her being all coordinated and stuff isnt' normal for her.

must be all the crack... :lol: :D
~Amber

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:00 pm

It was better then I thought because I knew from previous experience with these kinds of movies that they tend to be bad. Half the theater cheered when Edward walked into the cafeteria.

I want to go see it again, but I'm going to have to wait for a bit so that the audience isn't as crowded.

Rob

Post by Rob » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Ok i saw it on friday night. None of my friends wanted to join me so it was my first movie experience completely alone. Not that it was a bad thing being surrounded by a zillion girls my age(i'm pretty sure i was the only guy). To be honest i liked the movie but missed some of it because of the intense screaming at every scene. Edward was cast well, Bella could have been a little more helpless and klutzy(Kristen if the opposite of that), and other than that it was all just decent. The books slaughtered the movie.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Rob wrote:Ok i saw it on friday night. None of my friends wanted to join me so it was my first movie experience completely alone. Not that it was a bad thing being surrounded by a zillion girls my age(i'm pretty sure i was the only guy). To be honest i liked the movie but missed some of it because of the intense screaming at every scene. Edward was cast well, Bella could have been a little more helpless and klutzy(Kristen if the opposite of that), and other than that it was all just decent. The books slaughtered the movie.

okay for a split second the fangirl in my 24 year old body freaked when i saw your user name..

hahaha darn!

there was a lot of guys in my showing..

books are always better than movies.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus

la_tua_cantante
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Random, but I have to disagree with the folks who said that Edward's transformation would have been peaceful and that it was 'weird' that he seemed to jolt awake in the flashback scene, because even in the book, he tells Bella the venom was excruciating, like he says in the movie. His reaction would have been like Bella's in the dance studio - complete and total pain, regardless of how close to death he was, particularly because back then, he probably wouldn't have been under any kind of strong anaesthesia. *shudders at the thought* I thought it was weird that Esme seemed to enjoy when Carlisle bit her, because it would have hurt like whoa. lol.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.

Rob

Post by Rob » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Esme enjoyed it? Where was that?
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31

littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm

i hope that they get someone new to write the screen play..please....

ok anyhoo.. i went into the movie not expecting an oscar award winning performance, so i had alot of fun. like most movies that go off of books, it gets kinda messed up. Now i did enjoy the movie, my mom hated it, but oh well. i think that the cast was perfect, and everyone did a good job!!
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.

Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus