Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Rob »

Im sure no one in the theater caught it but me, the mob of girls were screaming so loud after he came out of the car (why im not quite sure, maybe they liked his sunglasses?).
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
jess_marie

Post by jess_marie »

Rob wrote:Im sure no one in the theater caught it but me, the mob of girls were screaming so loud after he came out of the car (why im not quite sure, maybe they liked his sunglasses?).

Hahaha oh I know!!

The girls behind me were like, "OMGZ look at his sunglasses!!" :roll:

TEAM EDWARD
because vampires sparkle, duh.
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

Rob wrote:Im sure no one in the theater caught it but me, the mob of girls were screaming so loud after he came out of the car (why im not quite sure, maybe they liked his sunglasses?).
Robert did look pretty cool with the sunglasses on and the I am too cool for you walk. Go Robert! :D
rockin_roxxy
Settled in Forks

Post by rockin_roxxy »

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the movie I guess I expected to much because the books were SO AWESOME, but I will go see it again with an open mind.

I didn't feel like they caught the depth of the love that Edward and Bella have for eachother and they didn't develop the relationship between Bella and Alice. I also thought they made Carisle seem to cheesy and we didn't get to see any of Emmett's humor! Oh and Edward's sparkling didn't look like a diamond at all, it looked to glitterey.

Positive points, I thought all the actors did well with what they had to work with. I loved Charlie and I thought James did an excellent job, too bad he's out of the picture now!

I just thought they could have done so much more even with the budget they had! I'm hoping for more in New Moon!
Last edited by rockin_roxxy on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crepuscule
Settled in Forks

Post by crepuscule »

The movie is taking in big money because of the huge fan base, **not** because it is a good movie.
I agree. I hope TPTB are reading our comments and using them to decide who will write the script for New Moon and direct the movie. Like Rob said in a recent interview, movie studios like to dumb things down and often underestimate the intelligence of their audience. I really don't think Melissa Rosenberg did a good job with the script. At all. I hope they use someone else for New Moon, someone who can stay truer to the spirit and the essence of the books, because that's why people love the books and I don't know how forgiving the audience will be the second time around.

ETA: someone commented earlier today that some scenes that were shown during the midnight show are no longer in the movie (something about E and B lying down on top of some trees?), and as a consequence the movie is now shorter. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this?
Last edited by crepuscule on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find the most beautiful Twilight jewelry (Bella Bracelets, HUGE crystal heart necklaces etc.) at http://www.norianesbijoux.etsy.com

Rob

Post by Rob »

rockin_roxxy wrote:I also thought they made Carisle seem to cheesy and we didn't get to see any of Emmett's humor!
BAHR!?! In my mind Emmet's humor was perfectly expressed in just a single scene. Bella comes into the Cullen's kitchen, and with a HUGE SMIRK on his face he waves with a HUGE KNIFE in his hand. It was masterfully done. :)
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Just saw the movie for the 2nd time and I like it more. Maybe it's because I was prepared to cringe during the bad special effects?! Or maybe it was because this time around I really was just there to make sure I take in all the cute actors faces!!! LOL WOW, Rob, Taylor, Kellan are soooooo HOT!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i still love the Charlie Halo! woot woot!

And I thought Emmett, Carlisle, Esme ok all the Cullens did awesome and had great lines.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

i thought the kissing scene was done quit nicely. :D
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

I did too... the kiss was very well done... especially how Rob played Edwards fighting against what he wanted and what he wanted. I know, sounds weird but any Twilighter would understand me...... i um hope.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*