Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i think it makes sense you should see the movie twice for it to really have an impact for some people. i know that personally, i always laugh more at movies the second time, and cry more.

my main beef with the movie was that a LOT of little scenes were cut out, but there was a lot of info in those scenes, and that wasn't worked back in.

did anyone notice they didn't ever say what jasper's power was or tell carlisle's story??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

Hey, you know the part where Bella is in the hospital, from the Tyler incident, and over hears Rosalie talking to Carlisle and Edward? Well, when Edward came to Bella and they were talking then, omg, Edward hissed, and it freaked the hell out of me! He sounded like a demon! xD :twisted:
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

man i feel so bad for those who didnt like the movie! i understand their issues completely but i personally loved it. only because i love everything to do with twilight. and only because before going to the theater i kept telling myself that its not going to live up to this amazing book. movies like that never do. i told myself that i had to view as just a movie nothing more. and i was happy with it.

though, who else wishes that they could make a movie that followed the book EXACTLY? down to a tee, leaving nothing out.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Pam Child Of Doom
Settled in Forks

Post by Pam Child Of Doom »

I Agree with Topaz and Crepuscule I did miss those extreamly meaningfull
words "I Love You"

I also hope that New Moon Is better.I hope they get a bigger budget.I have a question for everyone.

Do you belive that they should have a different director for New Moon? If yes or no . . why?

In my opinion i think it would be a good Idea. Im ean catherine did ok but I mean New Moon is very dynamic with edward leaving and everything i think they need a director that can make that change in the movie.

What do you guys think?

^_^ Pam Child Of Doom ^_^
mom4twilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom4twilight »

I didn't have as big of a problem with the directing as I did with the screen play of Twilight. I think if anything should be changed for New Moon it should be the writer. Bella experiences a lot of very strong emotion in New Moon and if that is lost in the script, the movie will be missing too much.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Pam Child Of Doom wrote:I Agree with Topaz and Crepuscule I did miss those extreamly meaningfull
words "I Love You"

I also hope that New Moon Is better.I hope they get a bigger budget.I have a question for everyone.

Do you belive that they should have a different director for New Moon? If yes or no . . why?

In my opinion i think it would be a good Idea. Im ean catherine did ok but I mean New Moon is very dynamic with edward leaving and everything i think they need a director that can make that change in the movie.

What do you guys think?

^_^ Pam Child Of Doom ^_^
I'm torn...
I think I (can't speak for anyone else) expected a Harry Potter type film (I know, I know...budget restraints) I just meant the overall feel of the film. I think the weirdness was from that expectation. Maybe once we get used to how she shot everything and once we see how it ties into NM, it won't seem so bad.
At the same time...we want the entire series made, and if the bigger budget doesn't help...and the movie isn't better...I'm afraid they won't give it a third try.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

crepuscule wrote:Ah, now I just feel like giving you a big hug! I felt exactly the same way on the 3rd viewing.

...You know what else I really missed? The way Edward is always brushing his lips up and down Bella's jaw line and her throat. I felt like a lot of the subtle sensuality of the book was completely lost in the movie.

*hugs* :)
yes I really, really, REALLY missed that. It made me crazy for Edward every time! Those subtleties would have made an even bigger impact on screen...what a shame.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Rob

Post by Rob »

Dont think they had enough time for those scenes either. They would have to be well set-up and couldnt just be quick flashes or it would take away from the intensity.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Rob wrote:Dont think they had enough time for those scenes either. They would have to be well set-up and couldnt just be quick flashes or it would take away from the intensity.
What's another 2-3 minutes for a little taste of it? And it didn't have to be a quick flash -- they definitely could have put it at the end of the meadow scene instead of circling the camera around them. It would have added to the intensity. Plus the first time he does that is in the meadow. We know there were time and budget restraints, but we're still going to miss things that were left out. Especially sexy Edward moments.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Rob

Post by Rob »

twilight1909 wrote:
Rob wrote:Dont think they had enough time for those scenes either. They would have to be well set-up and couldnt just be quick flashes or it would take away from the intensity.
What's another 2-3 minutes for a little taste of it? I think they definitely could have put it at the end of the meadow scene instead of circling the camera around them. After all, the first time he does that is in the meadow. We know there were time and budget restraints, but we're still going to miss things that were left out. Especially sexy Edward moments.
Must be a girl thing.......sexy edward moments that is....
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31