Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
liberal_hippie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by liberal_hippie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:18 am

Did anyone else totally love how Mike called Bella "Arizona" and went all ghetto when he said "So how you likin' da rain, girl?" I just love the way Mike's character was portrayed and it grows on me the more I think about it. They really captured that he was a NICE GUY and would have been fun for Bella to date had she not fallen in love with Edward.

sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 am

liberal_hippie wrote:Did anyone else totally love how Mike called Bella "Arizona" and went all ghetto when he said "So how you likin' da rain, girl?" I just love the way Mike's character was portrayed and it grows on me the more I think about it. They really captured that he was a NICE GUY and would have been fun for Bella to date had she not fallen in love with Edward.
I definitely agree. It was cool that all of Bella's Forks friends were so likable. Mike was really adorable with his nicknames for Bella. Eric was so so hyper, haha. Taylor threw me off in the beginning when he randomly kissed Bella's cheek but he was awesome as well. Jessica and Angela were interesting to say the least.

I was looking forward to Lauren and her bitchyness though. Too bad she didn't make an appearance.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:44 am

sarina1113 wrote:
liberal_hippie wrote:Did anyone else totally love how Mike called Bella "Arizona" and went all ghetto when he said "So how you likin' da rain, girl?" I just love the way Mike's character was portrayed and it grows on me the more I think about it. They really captured that he was a NICE GUY and would have been fun for Bella to date had she not fallen in love with Edward.
I definitely agree. It was cool that all of Bella's Forks friends were so likable. Mike was really adorable with his nicknames for Bella. Eric was so so hyper, haha. Taylor threw me off in the beginning when he randomly kissed Bella's cheek but he was awesome as well. Jessica and Angela were interesting to say the least.

I was looking forward to Lauren and her bitchyness though. Too bad she didn't make an appearance.
Got that right. Wish she was there.

There's this guy in my OB class who saw the movie and hasn't read the book and said it was good. And I'm thinking: yes, another one I've rubbed off on. Hm, should be seeing it again tonight.

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:17 am

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:24 am

haiau
Settled in Forks

Post by haiau » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:05 pm

I think the movie was acceptable. I didn't like the director's camera angles, the too close-up and the color of the film. I think I may would like to see a new director for New Moon.

I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Catherine Hardwicke scares the living daylights out of me. That woman acts like a 10 year rather than a professional. It would be nice to have another director for New Moon. I think that woman's crazy, she seems to be on something.....xP
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related

TwilightAggie
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightAggie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:23 pm

The first time I saw the movie (at the midnight opening), I was very dissappointed, almost in tears. However, I went and saw it again 48 hours later, it was much better than the first time, I actually liked it. Since then, I have seen it 2 more times and plan to see it again. Each time I see it, I think it is better. I see the relationship between Bella and Edward more (one thing I thought was missing the first time) and I hear and see things I missed before. The big difference I think... the audience reaction. When I saw it the first time, people were screaming and laughing at all the wrong spots, everytime someone came on screen, etc. (even at the previews). It was impossible to actually enjoy and concentrate on the movie, and it altered the whole atmosphere of the movie. When I saw it subsequent times, most of the audience had already seen it and everyone was quiet, really allowing everyone to focus on the movie itself... not the anticipation of the actor appearances, etc. It made all the difference. Now I love the movie and think they really did do a good job. Would I like to see some things changed... sure. But overall, they book is there, something I couldn't see the first night. Everyone of my friends that saw it with me the first night and felt the same way I did has since seen it again and fallen in love with it, too.

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Well I'm pretty pathetic and have now seen the movie 5 times.

The more I see it, the more little things I pick up on though.

I just wanted to add how well I think the actors portrayed the characters mannerisms, Jackson Rathbone in particular. He played the best Jasper. Every little thing that he did was just perfect in my opinion.. from the Southern accent.. to the military stance.. to being stand-offish.

Also, did anyone notice Kellan eating at the table in the cafeteria?

Where was Ben? I don't like Angela with Eric. Ben and Lauren should be in the movies.

I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Didn't Ben come along in New Moon? I don't remember him in Twilight, I know he was there in New Moon though.
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related