Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by mananda » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 pm

ilovetwilight wrote:Did anyone else start laughing like an idiot when Jacob just like magically came out from behind the tree at the end? :lol: I busted out laughing, lol. he's just like: *comes out from behind a random tree in the forest* "hi Bella!"
and then he just goes back behind it!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that was pretty funny. It kind of reminded me of the part in Breaking Dawn when he shows up at the wedding

twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:34 am

^ haha! yes, my friends and I busted out laughing as well. We were all like did he seriously just appear out of the woods at her prom?? He's not supposed to act like a wolf already! Come on now. Plus it was too reminiscent of the wedding scene in BD.

"Hey Bella! I didn't drive here like a normal person, and I know I'm randomly coming out from behind a tree, but I got paid to tell you to break up with your boyfriend. We're watching you. Okay well I'll go back in the woods now." :lol:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo

caro1998
Settled in Forks

Post by caro1998 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:50 am

<<That whole "meadow" sequence was painful. Especially when they just lay there staring at each other. Um. Okay. They really could've used that time in a different matter and maybe fleshed out some of the dialogue a little better. I know we can't really get into their heads entirely but for crying out loud. >>

Sorry I forgot who said above quote....BUT what is so totally frustrating is that I remember seeing a behind the scenes clip where they showed that lines were in fact filmed. I remember quite clearly it showed Edward (Robert) saying to Bella that "He couldn't bare it if he caused Bella pain" (or whatever the line from the book was). So, I was all WTF???!! (big time!) while watching it at the movie theater. So dialogue was definitely filmed; and taken out for whatever reason. Hopefully we will get to see some of it on the DVD deleted scenes....

emurlee!
Settled in Forks

Post by emurlee! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 am

I really wasn't a fan of the soundtrack before the movie. After seeing Twilight for the 11th time (I'm not being sarcastic I'm a die hard fan) I loved the soundtrack. Now its all I ever listen too.

*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:47 pm

So...I watched Twilight again yesterday. After coming out of shock that I have the WRONG Bella's Lullaby on my computer :shock: , my reactions changed slightly.

The biology scene, though still fairly ridiculous, no longer seems as funny and absurd as it had to me the first time. Also, Rob's facial expressions don't bother me as much(though he still has that "constipated" face that I HATE). BUT, I did notice Kristen's excess amount of shakes and blinks the second time around. Yeesh! SHE NEEDS TO SMILE.

Overall though, I liked the movie a bit more this time. I am glad that it was made into a movie. I just hope that New Moon turns out a little bit better.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B

EandB

Post by EandB » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:58 pm

I loved it but they did gloss over alot .It needed to be longer.And things needed to be more like the book.I'm so pissed it's not number one at the box office anymore we have to do something about that.

switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:19 pm

EandB wrote:I loved it but they did gloss over alot .It needed to be longer.And things needed to be more like the book.I'm so pissed it's not number one at the box office anymore we have to do something about that.
What's number 1???

buffybuff
Settled in Forks

Post by buffybuff » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 pm

I just saw the movie for the second time last night and I loved it even more. I guess the teenagers were louder than I thought the first time I saw it because there were definitely some lines I had missed. The first time, I was a little disappointed that Edward & Bella's relationship didn't come across as well on screen, but this time I really felt the chemistry between Rob & Kristen. They were both great. Charlie was terrific and I LOVED Carlisle and Alice. The rest of the Cullens were really good, but I wanted to see a little more of them. I really liked the nomads and I thought that the movie versions of Mike & Jessica were more likable than the book versions. The music was great, the scenery was beautiful. I especially loved the use of Muse's song and of Rob's songs. I absolutely LOVED the baseball scene and the ballet studio. Loved Bella meeting his family for the first time and the Biology class. I also loved the part where he stopped the van and the hospital scene after that. The 'meadow' scene was great, too. The kiss was HOT and the prom scene was really cute. I really liked that twist at the end. The only thing that made me cringe--Kristen's overacting when Bella is in the hospital and Edward tells her she should go to Jacksonville because he's too dangerous. Some times actors should not be allowed to ad-lib. Overall, I thought the movie was great. I could see that they tried to stay faithful to the book and I can understand some of the changes they made for the movie. I recommend that everyone see it at least twice, though. (I'm sure most of you already have.) You definitely get more out of it that way. I'm sure I'll notice even more when I watch it again.
"How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"

KStew and RPatz

Post by KStew and RPatz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 pm

EandB wrote:I loved it but they did gloss over alot .It needed to be longer.And things needed to be more like the book.I'm so pissed it's not number one at the box office anymore we have to do something about that.
the thing is, alot of people don't want to sit through a 4 hour movie. They had to take out some stuff.

buffybuff
Settled in Forks

Post by buffybuff » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:05 pm

I actually can't wait for the DVD. I'd bet that a lot of the things people felt were missing from the movie are in the deleted scenes. The unedited version was probably 3 hours long. Unfortunately, they can't keep everything. Catherine Hardwicke said that there will probably be 2- and 3-disc DVD sets w/ 12 deleted scenes and one of the scenes is actually from MS. I hope there will be a gag reel, too.
"How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?"