Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
liberal_hippie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by liberal_hippie »

AliceLove wrote:Sniff... am I alone in my not-really-liking-the-movie-ness? I mean, yeah it was great, and they tried really hard to capture the essence of Twilight, but I think that it was just to strange and sometimes it was completely different from the book. But will I watch New Moon? Definitely! :D
Um that's what practically this whole thread says. Read it and you will see that you are not alone!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Delicious211 wrote:does anyone know who the director for new moon would be?
Unfortunately it will still be Catherine Hardwicke. I personally think there are much better (and more suitable) directors out there...but oh well, what can I do about it.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I don't care what any one else says, i loved it. It was very good. I think that all the actors captured their characters all the way.

The only thing I wish they added was the early chemistry between Edward and Bella. They did have some scenes about them falling in love, and their early romance. But I didn't feel that they captured all of those special moment we all love.

When Rob walked through the cafeteria doors, and onto the screen, on man, every one screamed. How does he do it?
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

I think Tim Burton should be the director for New Moon! Well, maybe. Lol :lol: I don't really know of that many directors... but Tim Burton is a good one...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

AliceLove wrote:Sniff... am I alone in my not-really-liking-the-movie-ness? I mean, yeah it was great, and they tried really hard to capture the essence of Twilight, but I think that it was just to strange and sometimes it was completely different from the book. But will I watch New Moon? Definitely! :D
No, you are NOT alone. This movie........UGH!!!!! :x :!: Period!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

was it bad?
I've heard it was a joke and that it was accurate.
I heard that you could really tell they had a low budget and that it was well-done...
I've a skeptical nature to begin with, and I'm tempted to wait until it comes on DVD...
is this a good desicion?
ColormeBSG
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ilovetwilight wrote:I think Tim Burton should be the director for New Moon! Well, maybe. Lol :lol: I don't really know of that many directors... but Tim Burton is a good one...

He is waaayyy to feakzoid for me. I did like Nightmare Before Christmas, though. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

It's definitely better the second time around but I would have love to see more of their relationship.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

It does get better the more times you see it, not to say that I hated it the first time. I actually loved it.
I just thought the the relationship between Bella&Edward seemed a bit rushed, it did not seem really developed to me. I know it was over a long period of time but it's just that I didn't really feel the love between the two. I couldn't tell they were actually in love with each other. :lol: I don't know.

A new director wouldn't be such a bad idea either. :?

Oh, yeah and the human kids really annoyed me for some reason.

I'm not complaining though. :?
marinel
Settled in Forks

Post by marinel »

Before anything else I would just like to say that I totally loved the movie and I have seen it twice already!!!! I'm absolutely certain that I'd be watching it again. I am sure that I would never ever get tired of repeating it again and again!!

So many scenes had me at the edge of my seat... like the first time the Cullens appeared in the movie during the cafeteria break... oh my God!!! I knew I was smiling like an idiot the whole time.... Edward was just so hot!!!! and when he smiled for the first time, I was sure I had been hyperventilating. Then the part where he and Bella was first seen publicly together ( scene in the parking lot where he and Bella were going out of the Volvo and everybody was like staring at them), Edward was just so freaking gorgeous in that scene... he depicted perfectly how happy he was to be able to be with Bella. The baseball scene was soooo cool. The effects were fantastic.

The part where Bella finally guessed what Edward was really like ( scene in the forest), that was really an intense moment. They captured what I had been imagining when I was reading that part in the book.

Okay, I knew every single one of the Cullen males were gorgeous and perfect, but my oh my, Emmett was just so hot. He may just be in league with Edward in my scale... well, almost.

Overall it was a really fantastic movie. I loved how humor was incorporated, I had some good laughs with some of the scenes. Although I was hoping that there were more lines from the book, those that were actually in it were done beautifully. Like the "so the lion fell in love with the lamb" line, sigh, I literally died!!! Those were one of my most favorite lines in the book. I think the gist of the book was accurately outlined in the movie. I know I'm biased but I just think it was perfect as it is.

I'm already looking forward to the New Moon movie.