Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Lioness Rampant »

so was the movie bad or was the movie good?
I haven't seen it!
ColormeBSG
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

Twilight-fan868 wrote:I really didn't like it. I laughed uncontrollably during that fake meadow scene. When he started jumping around it felt like he was just saying random stuff. Sure it was all straight from the book but it seemed out of place. The heroin line took the cake :roll:

In the book he made her understand and that line was an "oh" moment. In the movie it was straight cheese.
I watched it again and it wasn't as bad. Still wasn't really the book but not as bad
Well I don't agree with everything you said but I laughed also when the meadow scene made its random appearance. It was mostly kind of a shocked reaction like "Wait, is this how they are transitioning into this scene? What?!? It's so cheesy!" But things started looking up when Edward started taking her to see how he looks like in the sunlight. I actually liked the part where he was jumping around everywhere and "saying random stuff". It emphasized his frustration with the situation. And as for the lion and the lamb line, I thought it was great.

Lioness Rampant, you should see the movie and judge for yourself. You're not going to get an educated response because the reaction is mostly split right down the middle.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

Masayume
Settled in Forks

Post by Masayume »

You know, I have seen the movie twice now, and am preparing to go for a third time tomorrow with some friends of the series who haven't gotten to see it yet. I hold that, for what it is, I really did enjoy the movie. But the second time around it was really hard to ignore the awkwardness of the whole thing. When I think about the lack of a good budget, not having the time/locations they needed, and other such issues I can totally say that they did the best they could. Could the movie have been better? Oh heck yes.

Robert and Kristen are great visually and they have a lot of chemistry there, but they're so awkward throughout the movie that it's hard to believe that they're really in love. Edward is reduced to all these pathetic one liners and horrible uncomfortable moments. While Bella never smiles and she lacks the real look of a girl falling in love (anyone who's been there knows). That whole "meadow" sequence was painful. Especially when they just lay there staring at each other. Um. Okay. They really could've used that time in a different matter and maybe fleshed out some of the dialogue a little better. I know we can't really get into their heads entirely but for crying out loud.

I love that they brought Victoria, James, and Laurent in sooner, building them up to show how they really are a threat. The Cullen family is perfect and considering they got little in the way of lines they have the strongest and most memorable presence. Jasper could try and be a little more relaxed rather than constantly looking pained (yes he struggles in school in the books being around all the humans, but he shouldn't be so uptight in his own home even with Bella there). I have no qualms with anything else.

Bella and Edward just need to have a better dialogue and flow than they did. I'm hoping they get it right for New Moon. And hopefully Rob will work on his accent a bit more as well. I think a lot of why he was so awkward was his trying to get the American accent right.
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

jaspercookie wrote:The heroin line was completely mangled, and so was the lion and the lamb one. I mean, completely and viciously mangled.
I agree, It was horrible. It was totally forced, and they didn't even sound like they meant it. And dosen't Bella suggest that she's his brand of heroin? He's just like ya---you're my brand of heroin. Like out of the blue.....=[
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

I_love_Bloodsuckers wrote:
jaspercookie wrote:The heroin line was completely mangled, and so was the lion and the lamb one. I mean, completely and viciously mangled.
I agree, It was horrible. It was totally forced, and they didn't even sound like they meant it. And dosen't Bella suggest that she's his brand of heroin? He's just like ya---you're my brand of heroin. Like out of the blue.....=[
I know. Who just says stuff like that out of nowhere?
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

I though the movie was okay. It definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought Kristen was too....I don't know, awkward. The way she said stuff annoyed me. And Hailey mentioned that Edward looked like a sno-cone when he sparkled :lol: And I swear in that scene where Edward was standing on a tree branch and Bella was standing on one below him, Robert had pit-stains. First of all, EWWWWWW! Second, vampires aren't supposed to sweat.
But I love how Bella narrates the beginning. And the part where she's like, "I want some answers." And Edward's like, "Okay... Yes, no, to get to the other side, 1.blahblah" Very funny. And the ending with all the lights was absolutely beautiful. Except for the fact that Victoria was there. I mean, COME ON! If Victoria was that close to Bella, don't you think that maybe Edward would go after her or something? Seriously.
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

cascsiany wrote:Nobody has to shut up about the movie, whether they loved it or hated it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I think that instead of just saying "I loved it" or "I hated it," you should explain why you feel that way.
true.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

did anyone else giggle during the fight scene with Edward and James? Because of all the like weird lion/tiger growling? I mean it was intense but the growling and animal instincts stuff was just sorta.... funny :lol:
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Just saw it again for the second time...I LOVED it...I don't have one single complaint!!!! LOVED IT!!!
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

ilovetwilight wrote:did anyone else giggle during the fight scene with Edward and James? Because of all the like weird lion/tiger growling? I mean it was intense but the growling and animal instincts stuff was just sorta.... funny :lol:
Hahahaha yeah. You should have seen the look on my mom's face she's like O_O and I'm like xD
Every time the vampires hissed or made some kind of animal sound I started lauging. xD
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related