Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

the movie was okay for me. I didn't really see any chemistry between bella and edward in the movie, it just seemed more like a crush then a forbidden love. Kristen was okay as Bella, i will just leave it at that. Robert was great as Edward, he perfectly portrayed Edward's character in certain parts of the movie. The cullens weren't really in the movie that much but in general they all looked amazing. I especially loved Alice. I was kind of disappointed that everything moved so fast in the movie. You didn't really get a chance to experience the connection between bella and edward and the forbidden love aspect. The kissing scene was very well done. The meadow scene was done poorly. All the fight scenes were pretty awesome and the baseball game was the best part of the movie. I loved the movie soundtrack. Hopefully things will be better in new moon. :D
Last edited by edwardandbella4ever on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loren Rose
Settled in Forks

Post by Loren Rose »

I didn't really like it. I walked out after the baseball scene with my sister. They did an excellent job of casting everyone else, but Edward, Bella, and Rosalie. I felt in looks and in acting they were all wrong. I felt like there wasn't any passion in the scenes with Edward and Bella. Kristen portrayed Bella very flat. Edward seemed to be a scared little boy half the time. I know it was a new thing to experience, but it didn't have to be like that all throughout the movie. There didn't seem to be any excitement along with the fear he was feeling. Or even the love he felt didn't feel real. It just seemed to flat. I feel like they destroyed the meadow scene. when they were laying there it didn't seem natural. I would've wanted Edward to lay down facing her. He just to layed at an awkward angle. Oh two things I really liked were the scenery and that bella had my bedspread. woot!
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

I loved the baseball scene! Probably close to my favorite part. The music, the way they acted, Jackon's bat tricks (hot!), Rosalie calling Emmett her monkey man, everything was perfect. And yes the kissing scene made me swoon and the fight scene was intense. I loved when Alice jumped on James and ripped him apart. haha It was awesome. I really enjoyed Charlie in the movie also. He was hilarious, especially the halo thing. :D
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
j_jam
Wandering Through Town
Location: Waiting for Edward to kick Bella to the curb (j/k, sort of)......in Texas

Post by j_jam »

Loren Rose wrote:I didn't really like it. I walked out after the baseball scene with my sister. They did an excellent job of casting everyone else, but Edward, Bella, and Rosalie. I felt in looks and in acting they were all wrong. I felt like there wasn't any passion in the scenes with Edward and Bella. Kristen portrayed Bella very flat. Edward seemed to be a scared little boy half the time. I know it was a new thing to experience, but it didn't have to be like that all throughout the movie. There didn't seem to be any excitement along with the fear he was feeling. Or even the love he felt didn't feel real. It just seemed to flat. I feel like they destroyed the meadow scene. when they were laying there it didn't seem natural. I would've wanted Edward to lay down facing her. He just to layed at an awkward angle. Oh two things I really liked were the scenery and that bella had my bedspread. woot!
WHA? You walked out after the baseball scene? Some of the best stuff happened towards the end of the movie. The fight scene in the ballet studio was awesome. And the prom scene was a perfect ending. I didn't like it the first time I watched it but the 2nd time had me doing a complete 180.
My Three Favorite Couples:
Bella: "Why won't you leave me alone?"
Edward: Believe me, I wanted to say. I've tried. Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

As I've said before, I'm definitely planning on giving Twilight another go... because literally everyone says it's better the 2nd time.. BUT I'm just wondering how it can be that much better? Whenever I think of all the things I hated about the film, they just bug the crap out of me. How is that going to change? I really hope yall are right. I WANT to like it. After reading all of your reviews, I'm actually surprised so many people loved it... I feel like it's way too easy to be irritated by all the flaws. (Not because it wasn't exactly like the book.)
Hopefully I'll end up eating my words. :?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

it is better the second time around-- i was so overwhelmed with just watching twilight.. that i waiting for all the lines i wanted.. and when some of them didn't come i was focusing on that instead of the movie! while i loved it the first time-- i really enjoyed it the second time..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
mss2069
Settled in Forks

Post by mss2069 »

twilight1909 wrote:As I've said before, I'm definitely planning on giving Twilight another go... because literally everyone says it's better the 2nd time.. BUT I'm just wondering how it can be that much better? Whenever I think of all the things I hated about the film, they just bug the crap out of me. How is that going to change? I really hope yall are right. I WANT to like it. After reading all of your reviews, I'm actually surprised so many people loved it... I feel like it's way too easy to be irritated by all the flaws. (Not because it wasn't exactly like the book.)
Hopefully I'll end up eating my words. :?
I've seen it three times already and it gets better every time. I was a little unsure of the movie but after rewatching it, I think it was done great. Of course the meadow scene could have been better, but thats my only complaint. Please go watch it again, it really is better the second, third, fourth time, etc....
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

and the third time.. and hopefully the fourth time soon.. woot woot!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

yes, it is absolutely better the second time! i think honestly that the thursday night midnight showing is what ruined it the first time for me...people laughing at weird times, squealing, etc....made the movie feel stupid and forced the first time i watched it....but i went again earlier tonight, and it was awesome! no laughing at dumb parts, no squealing people, so i really got to feel the movie better....

i highly recommend you see it twice...i was really upset after the first time, like a lot of ppl were....yea, they left out a lot of key quotes and scenes, but i left the second time really loving the movie as a seperate entity from the book...

btw, did anyone notice that some parts were cut out of the movie already? the thurs. midnite showing was 2 hours 4 minutes long...this time it was 1 hour 50 minutes long....and the part where edward and bella were on top of the trees laying there, that was taken out of the movie! in a span of what, 3 days?! craziness....

jlbower...as always, love your banner!
~Amber
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

thanks! but what you mean already changed?

I've seen it in two different theaters and I haven't noticed any changes yet... but I know they do that. I've noticed that before in movies... especially when they come out on DVD because I been like "wait, wasn't there something else right there?" and turns out I'm not a totally crackhead... i remembered correctly.

That's weird though, in three days.

I wishI could go again tomorrow! Tsk! It's not playing in my small hicktown... just freakin awful!

I so loved it! It was wonderful!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*