Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by Rob »

You hoped right.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

jlbower79 wrote:I did too... the kiss was very well done... especially how Rob played Edwards fighting against what he wanted and what he wanted. I know, sounds weird but any Twilighter would understand me...... i um hope.
I agree. It was done nearly to perfection. And what is more impressive is that Kristen and Rob never rehearsed the kiss.
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

^ well but that was the second time for them to kiss... if you watch the credits you see the kiss they changed, at least that's what im guessing.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
edwardandbella4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardandbella4ever »

jlbower79 wrote:^ well but that was the second time for them to kiss... if you watch the credits you see the kiss they changed, at least that's what im guessing.
oh, i didn't see that. That is still pretty good considering it was only their second time doing it. Great job by both of them of not holding anything back.
angelz429
Settled in Forks

Post by angelz429 »

so i just saw the movie for the 2nd time... and this time i liked it, surprisingly. I suggest anyone who didn't like it to see it again.

I realized that the first time I watched it I was way too focused on comparing it to the books to enjoy it as a movie.

When I saw it the second time, I knew what the changes would be and I expected them, and just enjoyed going to the movie theater and watched the movie on the screen.

I took my husband with me who's never read the books and just explained the bits and pieces that the movie didn't explain thoroughly without going too far into what the differences were.

I think that helped, and I really suggest seeing it again.

Yes, there was still some bad acting and some bad special effects (low budget film hello)...but overall a MUCH better experience...and my husband actually ENJOYED himself and the movie. I dragged him kicking and screaming the whole way and then he was glad that I made him watch it.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Of course everyone is going to have different opinions on the movie. I personaly liked the movie. I thought they could have done some things a little bit differently, but I was happy with the way it turned out.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
foolinthemoon

Post by foolinthemoon »

I went to see the movie again last night (and I'm going again tonight with a friend) I liked it alot better, I finally seperated it from the book and looked at it like it was just a random movie and it made alot more sense, and I loved it. I was really nervous the first time i saw it, but knew i was slightly prejudice, since the book is so perfect to me. alot of the things that bothered me the first time didn't bother me at all the second time... I can't wait till it's out on DVD! : )
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
x__iheartyou__x
Settled in Forks

Post by x__iheartyou__x »

I personally really liked the movie all three times i seen it lol.. I went Friday to the showing determined not to compare the movie to the book.. but i was too distracted by Rob to pay really close attention to itlol, plus i took my boyfriend with me who never read the books so i had to explain a few things like really why did Rosaile hate Bella and why he sparkled in the sun and not burned lol. My boyfriend actually enjoyed the movie so much that on saturday i was in such a bad mood he took me again to see it. This time i really payed close attention there are so many things i loved..

- Rob as Edward GREAT!
- I love Jaspers pained expression it cracks me up
- The fat guy in the restartant thinking about his cat lol
- How cocky Rob aka Edward seemed.. idk why just did
- "here comes the human" lol
- I loved Ashely as Alice
- The music of course
- The baseball scene.. can you say awesome???
- The volvo, i know its strange but im thinking of trying to buy one now lol
- How Charile and Billy was trying to act hip.. "the bomb" who says that anymore??? i know i dont lol
- how bella hits jacob with the truck door hahaha
- Charlie with is shot gun and peper spray..

OK in general i just loved the whole movie and can not wait for New Moon
I_love_Bloodsuckers

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

I'm seeing the movie today at 1 pm! I'm so excited~
A lot of people say they love the movie, well my friends and some here, but yeah, I'm keeping it in mind, that I shouldn't compare the movie to the book, and I know I will, and I know my parents can't afford to take me again, lol, so I'll try my best not to compare and enjoy it for what it is......=D
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

crepuscule wrote:
The movie is taking in big money because of the huge fan base, **not** because it is a good movie.
I agree. I hope TPTB are reading our comments and using them to decide who will write the script for New Moon and direct the movie. Like Rob said in a recent interview, movie studios like to dumb things down and often underestimate the intelligence of their audience. I really don't think Melissa Rosenberg did a good job with the script. At all. I hope they use someone else for New Moon, someone who can stay truer to the spirit and the essence of the books, because that's why people love the books and I don't know how forgiving the audience will be the second time around.

ETA: someone commented earlier today that some scenes that were shown during the midnight show are no longer in the movie (something about E and B lying down on top of some trees?), and as a consequence the movie is now shorter. Does anybody know if there is any truth to this?
Unfortunately, Melissa Rosenberg has been tapped to write New Moon & Eclipse. If she doesn't wise up to the true essence of these books and not dumb them down, we will be in for another joke of a movie. I still hope for a director change. Cut out the angsty teen movie theme and make a wonderful dark and romantic flick with incredible action and a great plot line. In short - follow the book; it's not rocket science.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict