Click for Forum Rules
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by chichichobits »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
navarre wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:Here was my first reaction: WHAT!?!?!

There are a few other things that I'm too angry to remember right now, lol. I know this might sound crazy, but other than all of that I did like the movie :lol: , compared to the book, the movie sucked. Just as a movie it was Ok. :D *rant over*
ITA! I liked the movie the 2nd time around (even though I still want to punch someone in the face [Hardwicke? Rosenberg?] when it comes to all the things you mentioned...and more) but I learned to enjoy it as a movie. Like you said though, compared to the book it sucks hardcore. :roll:

"What kind of an Italian resteraunt is that!?" :lol: When I saw the movie I was like okay this is one whacked out restaurant, NOT the romantic setting it should be. And WHAT WAS WITH THE WAITRESS?!?!?!? Someone please agree with me on this. Wasn't she supposed to be pretty?? That gothic punk rocker chick was all wrong. I mean really, her hair...and a boob tattoo? Come on! Out of all the choices, I want to know who picked her. FAIL.
HAHA! That waitress was ALL WRONG! She wasn't even pretty.

I agree about the waitress. Her hair looked like a throw back to the 1940's pin-up girl.
No her hair looked like two loaves of bread and a chia pet gone wrong. She looked like a low budget version of Amy Winehouse two point no.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

chichichobits wrote:
RussetRose♥ wrote:
navarre wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:Here was my first reaction: WHAT!?!?!

There are a few other things that I'm too angry to remember right now, lol. I know this might sound crazy, but other than all of that I did like the movie :lol: , compared to the book, the movie sucked. Just as a movie it was Ok. :D *rant over*
ITA! I liked the movie the 2nd time around (even though I still want to punch someone in the face [Hardwicke? Rosenberg?] when it comes to all the things you mentioned...and more) but I learned to enjoy it as a movie. Like you said though, compared to the book it sucks hardcore. :roll:

"What kind of an Italian resteraunt is that!?" :lol: When I saw the movie I was like okay this is one whacked out restaurant, NOT the romantic setting it should be. And WHAT WAS WITH THE WAITRESS?!?!?!? Someone please agree with me on this. Wasn't she supposed to be pretty?? That gothic punk rocker chick was all wrong. I mean really, her hair...and a boob tattoo? Come on! Out of all the choices, I want to know who picked her. FAIL.
HAHA! That waitress was ALL WRONG! She wasn't even pretty.

I agree about the waitress. Her hair looked like a throw back to the 1940's pin-up girl.
No her hair looked like two loaves of bread and a chia pet gone wrong. She looked like a low budget version of Amy Winehouse two point no.

HA! Amy Winehouse I can so see that now that you pointed that out. LMAO. That totally made me smile. :lol:
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Just saw the movie for the second time and loved it. Sure there are still things i would of done differently and added things that arent in there but i still love it!
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

I was a bit diaspionted it wasn't as good as the book, but I still loved it as a movie. I think they did a geat job.
However here's one thing that stood out to me-
The Cullens have like a lot of money right? So I was expecting the house to be a little more grand.... and wasn't there supposed to be a giant curving staircase? I don't know. It looke a bit cramped and messy and....cheap. So not what I was expecting. I had hoped they would have made it a bit more spacious.

cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Yeah the house was kind of disappointing, i was expecting something much much bigger. Not only that but Edward's room hardly fit that sofa they put in there, how are they gonna fit a bed in there in Eclipse?
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

^^ That's a good point. And how are they gonna fit in the DJ booth thing in the party in BD?
Yeah, i imagined the house MUCH MUCH bigger than what was in the movie and I thought the house was supposed to be ancient? I forgot how Bella described it...I shall consent my book later. And Edward's room was MESSY, which is weird. I imagined Edward as more of a control freak and since he has so much time in his hands, you'd think he'd clean up more, right?
and, totally irrelevant but I don't see how non-readers who have watched the movie would like it, and would be encouraged to read the book after they see it. Because the charm of the book is not only Edward and Bella's love for each other, its about the Cullens too, and their mysterious ways, and they didnt really show that in the movie. Edward only described bits of his family like how they were vegetarians and how Alice is psychic and how he can read minds and stuff but what about the other Cullens and their enhanced "abilities"? And what about their backgrounds too? The mystery of Alice's "creator" and Carlisle's story about his transformation. That was really disappointing how they didnt put that in the movie.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

mananda wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:Did anyone else notice Emmett eating in the cafeteria?
yeah and I will never understand why they didn't edit that out or re-shoot the scene. What an easy fix.
Another fail.

Someone should get a screen shot of him eating and put "FAIL" on it, like all those "FAIL" pictures out there. ie failblog.org
Haha that's what I pictured in my mind
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

You know what? People who have never read the book before would have no idea why it's called Twilight.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

*Wanderer* wrote:You know what? People who have never read the book before would have no idea why it's called Twilight.
I noticed that too. They didn't even mention why Twilight was important. Seems like they missed a lot of obvious things that needed to be included in the movie. Makes me wonder what people thought of the movie if they had never read the books. Would they have been able to catch on to everything or need help with some of the back story?
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

*ducks* I actually liked the house! It was very modern. I liked how it was open...
But come on...Emmett was eating. YOU FAIL HARDWICKE.
XD But overall I loved it.
ImageImage
E<3B