Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
i.heart.twilight&hp
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by i.heart.twilight&hp »

Ok I have a lot to say about the movie....Here goes:

Of course, it wasn't exactly like the book. That was understandable and expected. For me at least. I've heard so many people complaining as if they expected it to be word for word. However, it was very good. I liked the end, but then again, it would have been impossible for that to actually happen. Edward would have heard Victoria's thoughts and smelled her. I wanted it to end with Edward going for Bella's neck. That would have been great. Also (for me) I wanted to see the rest of the Cullens at the dance. That was probably one of the most VIVID images in my head when reading the book.

As for the acting...I love you, Rob, but sometimes I couldn't believe you. Sorry! I know a lot of people loved his acting, but personally it wasn't great, but it got better towards the end. I laughed when he smelled her too. hahahaha that was hilarious! Covering his nose and mouth shouldn't have happened, but his face was fine. I think they got Alice and Carlisle dead on!! Wow they were absolutely amazing visually and acting wise. I loved them. The humans were all good too, and I can't wait to see how they manage Taylor's physical appearance. With the new Director chosen though, I think it's going to be better. I loved The Golden Compass. =)

They sort of butchered the meadow scene. He rushed into wanting her to see him in the sun, and it wasn't even like that. The meadow was suppose to be important to him, and they didn't even make it a thing at all. The lion/lamb quote was very silly too. I couldn't help but still love it though. I think you need to read the book to really understand the message.

My favorite and most memorable part was something that wasn't even in the book and was sooooooo hilarious to me!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Rosalie: "What if she doesn't even like Italian?"
Emmett: "Her name's Bella!"
OMG that was soooo funny!

Which, btw, Rose did a good job on being a bit of a snob. Like I said, though, Carlisle and Alice were the best vamps. Victoria too!! My mom said Carlisle had too much make-up, but that's what I liked. He actually STUCK OUT, and didn't just look pale like all the other WA folks. Oh, and did anyone else notice that all the cars at the HS weren't all beat up like hers? Most of them looked new and shiny, which made the volvo just another car in the lot.

But the movie, for me, was just really cheesy. It was like a Lifetime Movie Network channel movie to me. haha. but I fricken loved it either way! Cheesy, bad acting, or not, I LOVED it and can't wait to own my own copy!!!!!!!
I can spell love with two words: ♥Edward Cullen♥ {Major OCD}
Cause only a vampire can love you forever, right?
~Another dazzled Mrs. Cullen - Cause family is about more than just blood.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

Okay, umm, I really have no idea whether I liked it or not. Overall, I think I liked it, it was just a few parts that annoyed me.

Okay, first annoyance, THEY BUTCHERED THE MEADOW SCENE!! I got really mad about that. I know that obviously the movie wasn't going to be exactly the same, but to me the meadow was really crucial. I was very sad. :(
I know heaps of people have mentioned that,, but I had to say it again.

Also, someone mentioned this before - Edward's room was messy! Wtf? That is just not . . . . Edward.
And I really missed the blood typing bit. :cry:

But I still had to like it - omg the baseball scene! Loved it. And rosalie was great. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

I didn't know what to expect going in but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Because I am as huge dork I actually got a little teary eyed when Edward came onto the screen. I saw a matinee show and then went back by myself later that night to see it again. I really didn't mind any of the changes because let's face it, we all knew everything wasn't going to make it. It didn't take anything away from the story for me and those moments are forever preserved on paper and in our minds so we don't really need a physical representation do we? I mean of course we WANT it but it just wasn't in the cards.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Ok people say that once you see it again, it's way better the second time, but I've seen it 3 times and it just get's worse and WORSE, there are 2 scenes that I can stand: The Baseball scene and the Kitchen scene. And the funny parts were good. But other than that, it SUCKED! And I totally agree with bite_me, they totally destroyed the meadow scene!!! It was THE WORST SCENE IN THE MOVIE!!! And it was my favorite scene in the book.
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

Well I saw it the day it came out and i was really surprised no one was screaming and yelling out "I love Edward".
We had a pretty well behaved theatre.
One thing I noticed was that when we first see Edward, walking into the cafeteria, there was a very audible swoon from all the females, myself and my friend included. THAT made me laugh.
Okay here are some of my reactions:
- Edward holding his nose in Biology: stupidest thing ever. I was laughing at that. Gayest overacting ever.
- Everytime Jasper came on screen, I laughed. I ws the only one. Just his face was priceless
- I loved all the humans - Billy, Mike, Jess, Eric and Angela were all great.
- They completely BUTCHERED the meadow scene.I was soooooo angry during that. I was like destroying the popcorn in my hand. HOW could they have messed it up so bad?????? And the SPARKLING, I mean come on, did anyone else reckon it looked like he was SWEATING?
- I also laughed out loud when Edward yells "As if you could outrun me" I was just like dude calm down.
- I also laughed when I noticed Edward was wearing lipstick.. also did annyone else find it funny when Edward and Bella are sitting under a tree when its raining and for some reason Edwards face is just getting drenched and it looks stupid?
- When Bella and Edward are in his room, and he twirls her around, that made me shiver in a good way.
- I was actually bored during the kiss. It took so long and then afterwards Edward looked really unhappy.
-I was almost jumping up and down in my seat during the baseball scene, I loved it so much.
- I had tears in my eyes when Bella is leaving and Billy is talking to her. That was extremely moving.
- I didnt cry the first time but the second time, I was crying when Edward sucks the venom out of Bella. "Let Me SIgn" makes me go all soft and mushy, its really pathetic, but Ive always been a big crier in movies.
- The prom scene was beautiful. I love when Bella sees Jess and just like points down and gives her the thumbs up, and Edward is laughing... priceless. :lol:

I seemed to laugh alot at the weirdest moments. But, I still loved it somehow, even though it was terrible.
And it annoyed me the way Edward and Bella seemed so depressed everytime they were with eachother...

AND JASPER'S ABILITY WASN'T EVEN MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone else really ticked off about that?
All Edward had to do , after talking about ALice's ability by the river, was say. "And Jasper can read and inf;uence the emotions of the people around him" Would have taken 'em five seconds, but no. Too hard.
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

edwardisperfection wrote:- I also laughed out loud when Edward yells "As if you could outrun me" I was just like dude calm down.
hahaha my thought exactly! My friend and I laughed harder at that part than any other in the movie. I mean I had tears! Rob's face was just priceless. His anger looked stupid rather than dangerous. lol I even laughed for days afterward when I thought about it. That was my initial reaction though, now I just shake my head. The whole meadow scene makes me feel a mix of embarrassment and disappointment. Fortunately, I no longer feel that way about the movie in its entirety. And I think Rob looks more gorgeous every time... lipstick and all.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
t0pan$e
Settled in Forks

Post by t0pan$e »

Hello, I am a newbie here. I am not going to list all things I like and dislike since the rest of you already pulled my word right out of my mouth.

However, I have a few burning questions about the movie, "Twilight".
I am 100% deaf on both ears and I became deaf from Spinal Meningitis at ten months old so I have no idea what sound actually sound like. :?:
According to the book, Twilight, Edward has a velvety and musical voice and Jacob has low and husky voice.
-I have to ask you fans since you already seen the movie, does Rob Patterson's voice sound velvety and musical?
-What about Taylor who played Jacob, does he has low and husky voice?
-If they don't sound anything like that, can you describe what their voices sound like?
-What about Kristen who played Bella, what her voice sound like?
-What does Bella's lullaby song sound like?

Please will you find the time to answer my question with plenty of description as possible, I will be eternally grateful.

p.s. if you have trouble describing what their voice sound like, you can use food analogy. I will get it eventually. :idea: :!:
p.s.s. Where do you all get the picture icons of Twilight and cast?

Thank you.
moviemoments
Settled in Forks

Post by moviemoments »

Sorry to be quite so negitive, but i think that they may have mascaraded the book in certain areas. There wasnt even a medow, and that is one of my favorite parts! I was really upset with its interpretations with some of the characters e.g. Mike(-what happened to the golden retriver quatities), Angela(-she likes eric?), eric(-since when has there been a newspaper), All of the Cullens apart from Rosalie and Edward(-there either wasnt enough of them or the characters personalities or reactions hade been changed, such as Esme "I think that went quite well". Ugh)

Okay, now i promise to try and be a bit more positive about it in later posts. ;) Im not usualy quite so disheartened (for lack of a better word) over anythin Twilight.
Forever belonging to the world of eternal Twilight, MovieMoments.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

when i first saw it i wasnt pleased but i went a second time and was very happy with the outcome. alot of the scenes were cheesy and what not but i really did enjoy it the second time around.

ps. the twilight score is for sale! so excited!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

I know it's small, but another thing that bugs me... SM made it clear on her website that Edward's Volvo is "the silver S60R (and I've been assured that the 'R' part is essential)" which looks like this: http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/cars_volvo.jpg. Soo why didn't they use that instead of a hatchback?! It wasn't sporty. And Rosalie is supposed to drive a M3, not a Mercedes - that's meant for Carlisle.

Did that bother anyone else? Maybe it's just me. :|
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo