Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions

Post by shavei7 »

ilovetwilight wrote:Did you guys see this?
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collecti ... /fp#photo2
Twilight has actually grossed around $162.5 million to date (domestic only). I wonder if it'll be able to overtake Quantum Of Solace for the #8 spot (top movies for 2008) by the end of this year.

Mojo box office
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/cha ... 008&p=.htm
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
harmony_624
Wandering Through Town

Post by harmony_624 »

Can I say one thing....

"I think we can Handle that."

Best line EVER!
One word says it all: Twilight

Team Edward - because who really needs a headboard?! ♥

Me without Twilight is like Bella without Edward, and we all know how that played out!

Image<-- Egg(s) are clickable (please click!!)
Alani
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions - Stephenie Cameo?

Post by Alani »

Midway through the movie, right after the police K9s track Victoria, the following scene shows Bella and Charlie in the restaurant again. Just before camera cuts to them at the table, the waitress serves "Stephenie" at the counter. This person looks an awful lot like Stephenie Meyer...was this a cameo?
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Twilight Movie ~Fan reactions - Stephenie Cameo?

Post by shavei7 »

Alani wrote:Midway through the movie, right after the police K9s track Victoria, the following scene shows Bella and Charlie in the restaurant again. Just before camera cuts to them at the table, the waitress serves "Stephenie" at the counter. This person looks an awful lot like Stephenie Meyer...was this a cameo?
Yup, that's Meyer appearing on a cameo :)
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

The general reaction at the end of my screening was confusion. I think we'd all had such high expectations that weren't met. My friend looked like she was crying, she was so disapointed...
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

It was good, but not great. I think they did the best that the could though. I wish they hadn't left out some parts though, like Alice's history :( . But still it's a what like 450 page book, I guuueeeessss they can't fit everything in, sigh too bad. But what they did leave in was really good. So I liked it but the movie would have been way better if they stuck exactly to the book :D! Yeah I no that won't happen. Sigh Oh well it was pretty good, and they cast was amazing. It's hard to follow up to such a great book.
Image Image
aimango
Settled in Forks

Post by aimango »

it was alright. i was happy just to see it all animated. i laughed a whole lot though. kristen's sarcasm really had me laughing, and same with eric's actor. wow was he this funny in the books, i was thinking. the pepperspray thing was so funny, i never paid attention to that from the book. i loved rosalie's actor, her personality was played out very well. and carlisle's, too. i really enjoyed the 2nd half of the movie, when they started acting more natural. honestly, the 1st half was terrible D: when edward firts speaks he sounds so .. wimpy ? oh idunno. it was so unnatural and awkward. they took out 20 questions, trip to the meadow.. well they modified that but i thought it was strange because they skipped school for it (correct me if im wrong) o__O and said nothing about it. and i wished that alice was doing the bella barbie moment for the prom scene; mehhh. well anyways i hope new moon is better.
Lovely67
Settled in Forks

Post by Lovely67 »

i will first start off by saying this might be a little long and people might get mad and defensive but...whatever an opinion is an opinion, you have yours i have mine.

i really didn't like the movie much at all. not HATED, but pretty much mostly disliked. I mean come on the girl they chose for Bella was like ew. Her "clumsiness" was so fake it was retarded, and her voice is so DEEP AND UGLY i DID NOT imagine Bella's voice to be like that, she didn't look like Bella either ugh. The chemistry between Rob and Kristin seemed forced for a long time in the movie and she was over-dramatized. I know I'm not the only one that realized that most of the scenes in the movie were f-ed up. The lines from the book were random. When Edward and Bella first spoke it was retarded and choppy. Sorry to everyone out there that is completely dazzled and enamored with him but Rob is an ugly Edward and Edward is supposed to be frigin hot- TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. Why did Laurent frigin have frigin dreads frigin????!!!!!!! French and ivory toned- heeeellooooooooooo! That was more like swayin in the i'lan breeze! [no I'm no where close to even seeming racist so don't cuz I'm black] I think the only people that did their jobs right [and looked the part] were- Embry and Quil, Jacob, Carlisle, kind of Alice, Billy, Angela, Emmett kinda, and no one else really stood out. I mean Bella was supposed to be completely f-ed up in the end, gimme a break that didn't look anything like post-near death experience. Why did James' clan look like they just hopped out of a movie trailer??? They were SUPPOSED to be dirty nomads!!!!!!!!! ugh there's not even time in the world to vent about how much is WRONG with that movie...but is just my opinion......i love the saga though it was awesome is my favorite series ever. I'm gonna by another copy of the book and throw it at the director's head...if you ever hear that Catherine Hardwicke was randomly busted in the head by a suddenly airborne copy of Twilight that happened to find her cranium as a suitable crash landing site during one of what she thought to be another of her harmless walks down the street...yea it was me.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Lovely67 wrote:i will first start off by saying this might be a little long and people might get mad and defensive but...whatever an opinion is an opinion, you have yours i have mine.

i really didn't like the movie much at all. not HATED, but pretty much mostly disliked. I mean come on the girl they chose for Bella was like ew. Her "clumsiness" was so fake it was retarded, and her voice is so DEEP AND UGLY i DID NOT imagine Bella's voice to be like that, she didn't look like Bella either ugh. The chemistry between Rob and Kristin seemed forced for a long time in the movie and she was over-dramatized. I know I'm not the only one that realized that most of the scenes in the movie were f-ed up. The lines from the book were random. When Edward and Bella first spoke it was retarded and choppy. Sorry to everyone out there that is completely dazzled and enamored with him but Rob is an ugly Edward and Edward is supposed to be frigin hot- TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. Why did Laurent frigin have frigin dreads frigin????!!!!!!! French and ivory toned- heeeellooooooooooo! That was more like swayin in the i'lan breeze! [no I'm no where close to even seeming racist so don't cuz I'm black] I think the only people that did their jobs right [and looked the part] were- Embry and Quil, Jacob, Carlisle, kind of Alice, Billy, Angela, Emmett kinda, and no one else really stood out. I mean Bella was supposed to be completely f-ed up in the end, gimme a break that didn't look anything like post-near death experience. Why did James' clan look like they just hopped out of a movie trailer??? They were SUPPOSED to be dirty nomads!!!!!!!!! ugh there's not even time in the world to vent about how much is WRONG with that movie...but is just my opinion......i love the saga though it was awesome is my favorite series ever. I'm gonna by another copy of the book and throw it at the director's head...if you ever hear that Catherine Hardwicke was randomly busted in the head by a suddenly airborne copy of Twilight that happened to find her cranium as a suitable crash landing site during one of what she thought to be another of her harmless walks down the street...yea it was me.

wait you missed the part... oh no you covered that.. and then.. nope you got that too....

i have to agree. I only saw the movie once. I couldn't bare to see it more than once. I right from the start didn't like Kristen Stewart. I do like Robert for Edward though.

To me.. things, everything.. seemed so forced, the clothes, the bad make up (did edward wear lipstick and eyeliner?), the way they moved. To me i always pictured the Cullens as natural beauties, but a few looked like they recently had some bleaching done, or make up.. the house was all wrong, it was cramped and tight.. not open and airy... can you see a king size bed and a couch going into Edwards room in future books?... me either, and the piano, where was that, in the smokey basement?

To me it felt like a series of film clips all put together, it never really felt like it flowed. I read how everyone here was ooohhhhing and aaaahhhing over the movie and assumed it was because i am 35 that i just didn't get it, but bad acting is bad acting no matter how old you are.

my biggest dissapointment was the hospital at the end, she barely had anything wrong with her and the lines that should have made me want to weep because she feared she would loose edward just felt flat, like she was reading of Q cards to just about anyone.... must have been all that pot she's been caught smoking.

I don't blame Catherine and i'm a little sad to see her go, i blame the studio for the tight budget...
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
Lovely67
Settled in Forks

Post by Lovely67 »

tricia wrote:
Lovely67 wrote:i will first start off by saying this might be a little long and people might get mad and defensive but...whatever an opinion is an opinion, you have yours i have mine.

wait you missed the part... oh no you covered that.. and then.. nope you got that too....

i have to agree. I only saw the movie once. I couldn't bare to see it more than once. I right from the start didn't like Kristen Stewart. I do like Robert for Edward though.

To me.. things, everything.. seemed so forced, the clothes, the bad make up (did edward wear lipstick and eyeliner?), the way they moved. To me i always pictured the Cullens as natural beauties, but a few looked like they recently had some bleaching done, or make up.. the house was all wrong, it was cramped and tight.. not open and airy... can you see a king size bed and a couch going into Edwards room in future books?... me either, and the piano, where was that, in the smokey basement?

To me it felt like a series of film clips all put together, it never really felt like it flowed. I read how everyone here was ooohhhhing and aaaahhhing over the movie and assumed it was because i am 35 that i just didn't get it, but bad acting is bad acting no matter how old you are.

my biggest dissapointment was the hospital at the end, she barely had anything wrong with her and the lines that should have made me want to weep because she feared she would loose edward just felt flat, like she was reading of Q cards to just about anyone.... must have been all that pot she's been caught smoking.

I don't blame Catherine and i'm a little sad to see her go, i blame the studio for the tight budget...

THANK YOU!!! I really thought that more die-hard Twilight finds would feel the same way about the movie but apparently i was wrong because everyone went gaga over it. SOMEONE appreciated the book finally thanks. I didn't expect it to be perfect, but it was far from okay. a far cry from poignant, wonderful, world-wide phenomenon. Maybe i just had exceedingly high expectations? No, no my favorite book Twilight was definitely not the biological parent of that movie. In the words of Edward in the draft from "Midnight Sun" it was "clearly other."