Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Now that I've gotten a chance to get over being dazzled, I realized how much I enjoyed Jackson, Ashley and Nikki's performances. They stood out to me quite the most this third time around and I even noticed a faint southern accent in Jasper's voice!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

O.k,Rob was totally AWESOME!!!At first I thought he wouldnt make a good Edward but...wow. 8-)

Kristen Stewart....um i like her other movies but i do NOT think she played a good Bella at all she seemed...to wimpy or something.She just did'nt get the little things down, like smiling and blushing.But maybe she would have been better if the love stages were more...played out and if the script was better.

All the others,uhh,wow!!!!!Billy Burke was hilarious!!!!Ashley was the perfect Alice...Jackson was so Jasper,at first the hair was kind of wierd but he was fantastic. Liz was like SuperEsme. Peter was seriously awesome,he was exactly how I pictured Carlisle.Kellen and Nikki were so good!! Kellen was spot on with Emmett and Nikki was an excellent Rosalie!!

But I really did'nt picture Laurent as a black dude,but he was seriously good too.
Cam was a totally awesome James...Rachelle was just how Victoria should have been played.

Taylor...I really didnt picture Jacob that way but, overall he did good.The guy who played Billy Black was hilarious too. He and Charlie were like best friends,so that was good.

To me the movie did NOT match up book at all.Compared to the book the movie sucked.But the movieis also not just for people who read the book, but for everyone.

Overall, I think the movie was either a bit confusing or totally awesome to someone who has NOTread the book. To someone who HAS read the book...I think that no actor or director can make the movie as good as the book...but then it all matters on your opinion and imagination.
edwardlikeshaystacks

mind_over_matter286 wrote: Kristen Stewart....um i like her other movies but i do NOT think she played a good Bella at all she seemed...to wimpy or something.She just did'nt get the little things down, like smiling and blushing.But maybe she would have been better if the love stages were more...played out and if the script was better.
Yeah I know what you mean. Her portraying of Bella didn't seem all that convincing to me. It just seemed like she did a lot of *gasps* *deep breaths* scenes. And the hospital scene where she goes hysterical when Edward suggests her to leave...I mean I can imagine her thinking that but the Bella in the books would have been a little more composed.
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
mind_over_matter286 wrote: Kristen Stewart....um i like her other movies but i do NOT think she played a good Bella at all she seemed...to wimpy or something.She just did'nt get the little things down, like smiling and blushing.But maybe she would have been better if the love stages were more...played out and if the script was better.
Yeah I know what you mean. Her portraying of Bella didn't seem all that convincing to me. It just seemed like she did a lot of *gasps* *deep breaths* scenes. And the hospital scene where she goes hysterical when Edward suggests her to leave...I mean I can imagine her thinking that but the Bella in the books would have been a little more composed.
Thanks, but I don't get why she stutters so much. And how they have music throughout all there conversations and Edward never eats at the lunch table with her just aggravates me. It doesn't show the stages of love that her and Edward have. Like when drive up to Seattle in the book, Edward just stares at her the whole time and Bella gets nervous. How everytime she looks at Edward she just smiles and her heart stutters. And at the beggining how she is scared to make a promise to Edward because he might ask her to stay away. They just did'nt capture the love that Bella and Edward share.
edwardlikeshaystacks

mind_over_matter286 wrote: Thanks, but I don't get why she stutters so much. And how they have music throughout all there conversations and Edward never eats at the lunch table with her just aggravates me. It doesn't show the stages of love that her and Edward have. Like when drive up to Seattle in the book, Edward just stares at her the whole time and Bella gets nervous. How everytime she looks at Edward she just smiles and her heart stutters. And at the beggining how she is scared to make a promise to Edward because he might ask her to stay away. They just did'nt capture the love that Bella and Edward share.
I couldn't agree with you more. They just focused on the, "I'm a vampire and I can kill you" part and didn't even bother to add the little things that show their growing romance. :/ which is probably why the line "I'm only afraid of losing you." came off as corny for me. But then again I should be yelling at the script writer for this...

Did anyone else catch a hint of Robert's accent during the hospital scene where he says, "Was I supposed to let her just die?"
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

mind_over_matter286 wrote: Thanks, but I don't get why she stutters so much. And how they have music throughout all there conversations and Edward never eats at the lunch table with her just aggravates me. It doesn't show the stages of love that her and Edward have. Like when drive up to Seattle in the book, Edward just stares at her the whole time and Bella gets nervous. How everytime she looks at Edward she just smiles and her heart stutters. And at the beggining how she is scared to make a promise to Edward because he might ask her to stay away. They just did'nt capture the love that Bella and Edward share.
I couldn't agree with you more. They just focused on the, "I'm a vampire and I can kill you" part and didn't even bother to add the little things that show their growing romance. :/ which is probably why the line "I'm only afraid of losing you." came off as corny for me. But then again I should be yelling at the script writer for this...

Did anyone else catch a hint of Robert's accent during the hospital scene where he says, "Was I supposed to let her just die?"
hm no, i'll have to watch that again... although i have to mention that i liked that they added that little scene in the hospital where he's arguing with rosalie..
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

You are exactly right. They don't show the development of their love, or the intensity.
It's just: Edward glares at Bella, they talk, they talk two more times, she knows his secret, they are in love!
It makes absolutely no sense. It seems like we missed a big part of the movie or something. It goes from zero to a hundred in five seconds.
ImageImageImageImageImage
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
You are exactly right. They don't show the development of their love, or the intensity.
It's just: Edward glares at Bella, they talk, they talk two more times, she knows his secret, they are in love!
It makes absolutely no sense. It seems like we missed a big part of the movie or something. It goes from zero to a hundred in five seconds.
lol, thats exactly how i saw it too.. it was way too rushed.
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Wow, I don't know what to say it was like a boom of comments :lol: .

I didn't really hear the accent, but he does talk weird. Well anyways, I was thinking and had this really wierd question just pop up in my head. It's kinda gross but so true. O.k, lets be mature about this.....o.k hear goes. What if Bella has her period around Edward? I mean seriously!!! Just think about it. :mrgreen:
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

mind_over_matter286 wrote:
I didn't really hear the accent, but he does talk weird. Well anyways, I was thinking and had this really wierd question just pop up in my head. It's kinda gross but so true. O.k, lets be mature about this.....o.k hear goes. What if Bella has her period around Edward? I mean seriously!!! Just think about it. :mrgreen:

LOL! l was wondering this too! i was going to post it, but it was answered on one of the other boards..

Stephenie Meyer wrote:
Several girls wanted to know if Edward would have a more difficult time being around Bella when she's having her period. Answer: Yes, a little bit, but he would never say anything about it -- much too much of a gentleman. And Bella would be way to embarrassed to ask. (It's not the same as a cut, though. It's sort of "dead" blood, if you get my meaning).

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... f=15&t=528