Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The_Lamb
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight the Movie ~ I didn't like it

Post by The_Lamb »

I actually did like the movie.
But I wanted to voice a concern for 3 things that weren't included and should have been in order for New Moon to be amazing.
1. The VOLTURI weren't mentioned. I suspect they'll put it in the first part of NM movie, but I think it'll just be obvious and more rushed then. IDK.
2. I don't think they played up that Jacob is a mechanic enough. That's the whole reason Bella goes to him in NM.
3. It was mentioned that Laurent goes to be a "vegetarian". I like that Bella is HAPPY to see him at first...until she notices the eyes.

They'll probs include those things in the next movie. I just thought they should have foregrounded now.
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

xxlacantantexx wrote:The movie was bad. I went to see it twice, once with my boyfriend and again with my mom. I had been freaking out bout the movie to both of them since I first heard it was coming out, I even got my mom reading the books. As I watched it with both, I was embarrassed, the movie utterly paled in comparison with the book. I couldn't even think of it as a love story since I was laughing pretty much the whole time.

Issues:
- Bella was a twitchy freak and just was a mess
- She dressed horrible, I know she wasn't suppose to car but it since does excuse her for those horrible outfits
- Rob didn't play Edward at all, he looked and acted like some depressed creepy obsessed kid.
- Rosalie was absolutely ugly, they should have just got a supermodel, its not like Rosalie has a lot of lines in the books.
- Jasper just looked stupid, I couldn't help but to laugh every time i saw him.
- Billy Black trying to be "hip" give me a break that was horrible.
- Lauren wasn't even in the movie
- Angela's character was totally wrong, but she was the best look one there
- Mike was UGLY.!
- They went surfing at La Push, yeah right
- Jacob came in too soon in the movie
- Bella never cooked
- Why did Bella have a laptop and phone
- Why the HELL did Edward call her spider monkey.? That whole scene could have been left out because it was trash
- Charlie's friend doesn't die in the book and Carlisle was never at a police station
- the pepper stray
- The whole prom scene was ruined with Jessica bomb references, the horrible outdoors scene, she wore LEGGINGS AND CONVERSES with that dress, she looked like she was playing dress up, Alice never dressed her
- spoiler plot for New Moon, we don't find out Victoria's alive until half way into New Moon
- Sam was suppose to be BIG, not some scrawny kid.
- Angela is suppose to like Ben not Eric
- Tyler was black, so I guess that's why they didn't put Lauren in the movie.
- Edward's sparkling had a theme song, i wanted to DIE.
- They never TALKED, they just fast forward through it.
- what was up with the cut off underwear on Bella part.?
- since when did the Cullen's have a crest.?
- the Cullens never cooked for Bella
- we didn't hear about Carlisle which is important for New Moon
- we're not suppose to know anything about Jacob until NM, when Bella and Jacob's relationship develops
- Jacob and Bella didn't MAKE MUD PIES together and if they did, she repressed those memories.
- Charlie and Billy's relationship was rocky at the start of the movie, not all buddy buddy.
- All the relationships were looked over.
a) Bella and Edward fell in love over a span of time, not in 2 weeks.
b) Bella and Alice are close, Rosalie hates Bella.
c) Emmett plays role of brother to Bella in car scene
d) Don't learn about Jasper's powers, which is IMPORTANT.!
e) Esme doesn't tell Bella what happened to her, which comes up in NM
f) We don't know that Victoria and James were involved until NM
g) Mike and Jessica don't get together that quick
- Esme would have never told Rosalie to clean up that mess
- The part where Bella faints in Bio was taken out, which AGAIN is important.
- Edward's wonderful way of speaking.?
- Bella and Edward don't even look like they're in love, their suppose to have in breath taking love and it doesn't show up on scene.
- The Cullens cars should have been, MUCH better.

I honestly can't think of any thing good about the movie, besides Jacob, I can't wait to see more of Jacob and less of Edward in NM, if that don't mess this up too much.

Hopefully before the finish NM they and Stephenie go over the movie, and make sure they do it right. The movie script needs to be taken from the book and not changed to stupid things like "You better hold on spider monkey,"
NM is going to have to make up for a lot that they missed in Twilight. I am glad they're getting a new director, Hardwicke did not do a good job. Also, NM should be longer and more developed and Stephenie needs to really make sure this how she wants her books to be portray because she's disappointing her fans. If the Harry Potter movies can get it right, why can't Twilight.?
You totally read my mind. And, actually, Harry Potter 5 didnt even get it right much, there wasnt any quidditch in it, but whatever.
They took out a LOT of important scenes and that part where Bella's supposed to escape Jasper in the airport, THEY CUT THAT OUT! That was important! And yeah, like i said before, the meadow scene was supposed to be SPECIAL, not just some random place in the woods. It's supposed to be EDWARDS meadow, dammit. They put so much unnecessary stuff and cut out the important bits, which really annoys me.
They should get a new script writer, a PASSIONATE one and one who's PASSIONATE about the books. It's all about passion, dammit!
Stephenie has been really disappointing me lately, what with Breaking Dawn and now the Twilight movie. She says she's happy about the movie but I don't see why, really. It's like the movie was almost an insult to the book to me what with how they made Edward and Bella's love so corny and shallow and how they made the Cullens or the vampires, I should say very...dull compared to what they are in the books.
It's just, it could've been better if they chose the right people to do it. It could've been A LOT better.
Fartoholic
Settled in Forks

Post by Fartoholic »

srsly go get a live u dumbass. teh moovie woz grate. especialy teh guy hu playd edwin hu woz tolly hot. u shuld go die
Fartoholic
Settled in Forks

Post by Fartoholic »

an btw harry potter 5 woz rly gud. agian go die
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Fartoholic wrote:an btw harry potter 5 woz rly gud. agian go die
Honestly, that is not appropriate. This is an open forum and people are entitled to their opinion! There is no reason to be hateful, disrespectful and threatening if you disagree with some one's opinion. Maybe you could have formed a better rebutal than "get a life dumba** and go die". Also no net speak is allowed on the boards. Seriously INAPPROPRIATE!!!! Maybe you should find something else to do with your time than put other people down!!!!!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

xxlacantantexx wrote:The movie was bad. I went to see it twice, once with my boyfriend and again with my mom. I had been freaking out bout the movie to both of them since I first heard it was coming out, I even got my mom reading the books. As I watched it with both, I was embarrassed, the movie utterly paled in comparison with the book. I couldn't even think of it as a love story since I was laughing pretty much the whole time.

Issues:
- Bella was a twitchy freak and just was a mess
- She dressed horrible, I know she wasn't suppose to car but it since does excuse her for those horrible outfits
- Rob didn't play Edward at all, he looked and acted like some depressed creepy obsessed kid.
- Rosalie was absolutely ugly, they should have just got a supermodel, its not like Rosalie has a lot of lines in the books.
- Jasper just looked stupid, I couldn't help but to laugh every time i saw him.
- Billy Black trying to be "hip" give me a break that was horrible.
- Lauren wasn't even in the movie
- Angela's character was totally wrong, but she was the best look one there
- Mike was UGLY.!
- They went surfing at La Push, yeah right
- Jacob came in too soon in the movie
- Bella never cooked
- Why did Bella have a laptop and phone
- Why the HELL did Edward call her spider monkey.? That whole scene could have been left out because it was trash
- Charlie's friend doesn't die in the book and Carlisle was never at a police station
- the pepper stray
- The whole prom scene was ruined with Jessica bomb references, the horrible outdoors scene, she wore LEGGINGS AND CONVERSES with that dress, she looked like she was playing dress up, Alice never dressed her
- spoiler plot for New Moon, we don't find out Victoria's alive until half way into New Moon
- Sam was suppose to be BIG, not some scrawny kid.
- Angela is suppose to like Ben not Eric
- Tyler was black, so I guess that's why they didn't put Lauren in the movie.
- Edward's sparkling had a theme song, i wanted to DIE.
- They never TALKED, they just fast forward through it.
- what was up with the cut off underwear on Bella part.?
- since when did the Cullen's have a crest.?
- the Cullens never cooked for Bella
- we didn't hear about Carlisle which is important for New Moon
- we're not suppose to know anything about Jacob until NM, when Bella and Jacob's relationship develops
- Jacob and Bella didn't MAKE MUD PIES together and if they did, she repressed those memories.
- Charlie and Billy's relationship was rocky at the start of the movie, not all buddy buddy.
- All the relationships were looked over.
a) Bella and Edward fell in love over a span of time, not in 2 weeks.
b) Bella and Alice are close, Rosalie hates Bella.
c) Emmett plays role of brother to Bella in car scene
d) Don't learn about Jasper's powers, which is IMPORTANT.!
e) Esme doesn't tell Bella what happened to her, which comes up in NM
f) We don't know that Victoria and James were involved until NM
g) Mike and Jessica don't get together that quick
- Esme would have never told Rosalie to clean up that mess
- The part where Bella faints in Bio was taken out, which AGAIN is important.
- Edward's wonderful way of speaking.?
- Bella and Edward don't even look like they're in love, their suppose to have in breath taking love and it doesn't show up on scene.
- The Cullens cars should have been, MUCH better.

I honestly can't think of any thing good about the movie, besides Jacob, I can't wait to see more of Jacob and less of Edward in NM, if that don't mess this up too much.

Hopefully before the finish NM they and Stephenie go over the movie, and make sure they do it right. The movie script needs to be taken from the book and not changed to stupid things like "You better hold on spider monkey,"
NM is going to have to make up for a lot that they missed in Twilight. I am glad they're getting a new director, Hardwicke did not do a good job. Also, NM should be longer and more developed and Stephenie needs to really make sure this how she wants her books to be portray because she's disappointing her fans. If the Harry Potter movies can get it right, why can't Twilight.?
OMG you are awesome lol but i do disagree with somethings like....- Bella was a twitchy freak and just was a mess
these i felt were portrayed correctly EXCEPT when edward looked like he was gonna barf when he smelled bella lol
everything else was pretty much right on the money :) and Sam had GRAY HAIR! omg he's supposed to be what 18 and look 25 or something.. NO GRAY HAIR LOL
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

freeml wrote:The Volvo was a hatchbacK??? It didn't look very sportscar-ish to me
I've said my two cents about all the flaws and disappointments of Twilight on the Fan Reactions thread, but this is a one that I forgot to mention. SM made it perfectly clear on her website that Edward's Volvo is "the silver S60R (and I've been assured that the "R" part is essential)" which looks like this: http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/cars_volvo.jpg. Sooo why didn't they use that instead of a girlie hatchback??! I don't get it. Was it too expensive or something? :roll:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

BTW, xxlacantantexx, your post made me laugh. Very true. I found it easier to accept most of those things the 2nd time around, but I will never understand the butchered meadow scene. UGH.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

Fartoholic, Yeah, I'm sure you thought Edwin was hot.
I don't think I'll EVER understand why the damned thing was so crappy. Maybe I'll watch it a second time and yeah, maybe I can...accept the fact that they messed it up and that its just a MOVIE, big deal....
But I dont WANT to accept it D: WHY did they have to mess it up, WHY?
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

After a few more times watching the film and a good re-reading of twilight i feel better but it still doesn't erase the fact that the film was a complete let down, all the points above are spot on, it would take me all day to say everything the film did wrong, everyone keeps saying 'of course the film will be different from the book' but they have to realise we are very passionate fans who want to see the film made with the actual book in mind, not picking out bits they liked and throwing out the rest.

No Carlisle history
No Esme History
Jasper did'nt say much, he didnt' get to tell Bella how much Edward loves her#
Victoria at prom!?!
No Lauren
Lack of Sparkling
Kristen's dry acting/overacting
Meadow scene messed up
Bella laptop and mobile! She's supposed to have a crappy computer that takes ages to dial up!
Charlies friend killed by the Nomads!?
Jacob's friends ugly
Billy driving the car - Jacob was supposed to be driving and Charlie would say i'll pretend i didn't see that

All these little bits and more should have been included/extended/taken out/improved