Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Favorite Scenes

Post by Nena »

Discuss here your favorite scenes, whether they were funny, romantic, scary, etc..
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Re: Favorite Scenes

Post by DarkMuse »

The baseball scene! Most definitely the best. It should have been longer. I LOVED when Emmett and Edward crashed into each other in the air. Ha ha. And when Jasper was flipping the bat? ::RAWR:: The best! Loved it! It was awesome watching them run to get the ball. I actually felt bad for Bella when she had to call Rosalie out. Lol.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
DanyaO
Wandering Through Town

Post by DanyaO »

Yep- baseball scene *very* high on my likes. I also like the scene where they arrive at the Cullen House, as well as the scenes with Billy and Charlie - like with the shotgun. Too funny. I hadn't expected to swoon so much over Jasper! Mmmmm!
jaspercookie

Post by jaspercookie »

Definietly the baseball scene. Jasper and Emmett= most attractive baseball players ever! And the first time Carlisle was shown, when Bella was in the hospital. I was like, Whoa!. Basically, this whole movie was an eye candy festival. :D
MagnoliasNSunshine
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagnoliasNSunshine »

OK, so I wasn't the only one shocked over Jasper's swoon factor! Yeah!!! In the house scene when he comes in with Alice, I thought he was a little dorky, but then the whole bat flipping thing... what WAS that? Totally sexy.

I must say that Charlie actually has a pulse for me know. In the books I was totally unimpressed with him... but this guy brought some humanity to his character. And the shotgun scene was the BEST!!!!!

Now, I know that most of the time I was totally drooling over R.P. (Folks, I'm 31... not 16... :oops: This guy is a child! :oops: :oops: :oops: I should NOT have those kinds of reactions to some 22 year old) I did have a few issues with his character... 1st and foremost.... I know he said he did lots of cardio and had lost some weight before the director told him to lay off... honestly... people... the guy needs some ab definition. I had been drooling in the popcorn the whole time, til his shirt was unbuttoned... then :o chest hair and unchiseled torso.... NOT what I had expected.... :( :( :( The sparkle thing was cheezy, but what else could they have done... :?: The whole hatchback Volvo thing was sad.... and totally unsexy. Then the last complaint I'll make is that he seemed to hit his stride AFTER the biology scene when he first meets Bella... The look on his face didn't seem like anger-how can I kill her this very second without having to kill the entire classroom-shock. I don't know... but after that once he was trying to change his classes, he totally nailed it for me.

Emmett is a DOLL! K.L. is absolutly adorable! Dimples and all!!! And Rosalie... W.O.W. Nickki Reed can certainly play the ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch, huh? And I loved that Esme was such a mom! She was great in the baseball scene!!!!

Overall, I loved it. And honestly, I have to sell myself on going to the book adaptation movies. I go in expecting the worst a lot of times. I thought they did this one really well. So nice, I'll go see it twice! (at least!!!)
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

one of the best scenes is when Bella is about to go to prom and Charlie is all 'I put another can of pepperspray in your bag.' I found that funny.
[Image
LivesAmongTheStars
Learning to Love Green

Post by LivesAmongTheStars »

I going to try and go in order here, without talking about nearly every scene – 'cause the movie ROCKED!!!
My first favorite was the introduction to the Cullens in the cafeteria. When Edward walked in... *swoon* I loved it when he was staring at her from across the room, looking frustrated because he can't hear her mind.
The next one is their first conversation in Biology. It was absolutely perfect - just how I pictured it in the book.
And then at the hospital, when Carlisle comes in the room, and when Edward and Bella talk about the accident. I loved the little patronizing smile on his face when he says, "I was standing right next to you, Bella." And she gets all flustered and says, "No, you were by your car. Across the lot."
The whole "Reveal" scene was phenomenal! He was so beautiful, sparkling in the sunlight. And the way they said those iconic lines...it was perfect!
I really don't have the right words to describe the kiss – it was beyond anything I expected. It gave me the shivers.
And I loved the intro to the Cullen family; Alice is still my favorite. I just wish she'd had a bigger role.
I agree with everyone else about the baseball game: it was AWESOME! I really liked the part where Bella calls Rosalie out, and Rose gives her the evil eye. That was great.
And the sweet little moment when they're getting ready to take Bella someplace safe, there are two parts I adore. The first is when Rosalie tells Edward that she isn't going to help, and Carlisle says something along the lines of, "Bella is with Edward now. That means she's a part of this family. And we take care of our family." Love it, love it! Carlisle is awesome! And then when Edward says goodbye to her, giving me the shivers again when he says, "You are my life now." And the look on his face when he touches her cheek – ah, it grabs your heart!
The ballet studio fight was so gritty and brutal, like I expected vampires to fight. And I loved the little flashback/dreamlike scenes while Edward was biting Bella.
The hospital scene is easily one of the best in the whole movie in my opinion. The way both of them acted – they were totally setting up the premise for "New Moon". It was so heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Bella was freaking out about him saying that he thinks she should leave, and then he says, "I'm here," kisses her forehead and whispers, "Where else am I going to go?"
Finally, the whole prom scene – the whole ending – was spectacular. I loved the little rivalry interaction between Edward and Jacob; it was priceless! And then when Bella and Edward are dancing, and she tells him she's ready, and she thinks he's going to bite her, and he kisses her neck. *SWOON* That was so touching!
Showing Victoria watching them at the end was classic - setting things up for the next film.
Now that I've talked about practically the whole movie... I am definitely planning on seeing it again. Two hours of Edward-y goodness is too wonderful to pass up! :D
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

I loved the scene where Charlie introduces Bella to Billy and Jacob Black for the first time. When she hit Jacob with the car door, that was just hilarious.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

sarina1113 wrote:I loved the scene where Charlie introduces Bella to Billy and Jacob Black for the first time. When she hit Jacob with the car door, that was just hilarious.
I totally agree. I mean I saw the movie twice! I knew it was coming, i wanted it to come.
I loved his smile. When JEssica and Angela was talking about the Cullens and jess said '...Is with Jasper, the one with a pained expression.'
then they showed Jaspers face, he looked constipated, it was so hot though.
[Image
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

It's kind of weird because my two favorite movie scenes were the baseball scene and the ballet studio. It's weird because those are two og my least favorite scenes in the book. Yes, I like the Cullens playing baseball. Yes, I like the climax when James is killed and Bella's saved. ..........but they're not my favorite scenes. The meadow, Port Angeles, prom, Edward's bedroom...those are some of my favorite scenes, and they didn't portray them the way I'd imagined them (I did like them; it was just different). So before I get completely off topic, my favorite scenes: baseball in the clearing and ballet studio with James.

Playing "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse during ThunderBall was AWESOME. It was just perfect for that scene, and all the little running and jumping movements were really cool. My friend said she didn't like the slow motion thing, but I did. It was their way of showing that everything was going on so quickly for Bella and then it was slowed down so we could see what Bella was missing.

The only thing that disappointed me about the ballet studio is that we didn't hear Alice's story. I liked that they showed the killing of James; it was a nice (well, not so nice for him) addition. I'm torn about Edward sucking Bella's blood, though. I mean, I'm glad they showed how hard it was for him to stop, but it was almost comical because of the way he was ignoring Carlisle. Still, it was amazing.
vampluv78 wrote:then they showed Jaspers face, he looked constipated, it was so hot though.
:lol: I know!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3