Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by JodeenSings »

Jazz Girl wrote:
SophieStars wrote:I'm sure that they put victoria at the end of the movie to add some suspense, although I'm not quite sure why they did that at the end of the first movie.
Yeah, I understand why they did it. They are creating a link to the whole idea that Victoria is still after Bella and that's a key plot piece in in both NM and Eclipse. BUT, like I said, there's no way with Edward and Alice watching she was going to get anywhere near that close to Bella, or anyone else for that matter. I give a lot of credit to Melissa Rosenberg on a lot of things. That is soooooo not one of them.
Okay, so I didn't wade through all the posts since I last visited here. But not only is Victoria looking out at the gazebo at the end of the movie, but she is standing with her back to the disco ball in the "Go All the Way into the Twilight." Did anyone else see that, or am I just imagining things?! Her hair is tied up and she is wearing that white furry cape.
ETA - okay, I saw that someone else noticed she was at a gaming table. . . . Well, if as someone mentioned her gift is evading, maybe she was able to "evade" Edward. It would also make sense why the other Cullens didn't attend prom. I was really looking forward to seeing Alice/Ashley rock that black diamond (triangle, whatever I loaned out my twilight book again . . .) dress at prom. So sad we couldn't see the Cullen men dressed to the nines, too.
Last edited by JodeenSings on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
reeves6096
Settled in Forks

Post by reeves6096 »

thedoc617 wrote:How about the fact that the author (SM) made a cameo in the movie. It was in one of the diner scenes.

I THOUGHT SO! I was wondering if anyone else saw that.
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

JodeenSings wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
SophieStars wrote:I'm sure that they put victoria at the end of the movie to add some suspense, although I'm not quite sure why they did that at the end of the first movie.
Yeah, I understand why they did it. They are creating a link to the whole idea that Victoria is still after Bella and that's a key plot piece in in both NM and Eclipse. BUT, like I said, there's no way with Edward and Alice watching she was going to get anywhere near that close to Bella, or anyone else for that matter. I give a lot of credit to Melissa Rosenberg on a lot of things. That is soooooo not one of them.
Okay, so I didn't wade through all the posts since I last visited here. But not only is Victoria looking out at the gazebo at the end of the movie, but she is standing with her back to the disco ball in the "Go All the Way into the Twilight." Did anyone else see that, or am I just imagining things?! Her hair is tied up and she is wearing that white furry cape.
I actually did see that, but I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I saw that white fur thing she was always wearing, but by the time I went to really get a good look, the camera had moved again.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

reeves6096 wrote:
thedoc617 wrote:How about the fact that the author (SM) made a cameo in the movie. It was in one of the diner scenes.

My theatre (the midnight showing) cheered when she came on. No one else got a cheer. Peter got a gasp of "holy cow he's hot!!" but Stephenie's the only one who got a cheer. The second time I saw it I started to cheer when she came on, but then these girls looked at me like I was stupid, cheering for the lady getting the veggy plate. It was like, Jeez, don't you know who she is?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

debussygirl wrote:
reeves6096 wrote:

My theatre (the midnight showing) cheered when she came on. No one else got a cheer. Peter got a gasp of "holy cow he's hot!!" but Stephenie's the only one who got a cheer. The second time I saw it I started to cheer when she came on, but then these girls looked at me like I was stupid, cheering for the lady getting the veggy plate. It was like, Jeez, don't you know who she is?
In my theater at the midnight show Carlise got a bigger gasp than Edward! There was a little chuckle of recognition for Stephenie.
Okay, anyone else notice Charlie's "vitamin R" line? He's talking to Billy when they bring over Harry Clearwater's fish fry. Taycob, I mean Jacob, is in the sceen, too. Vitamin R is apparently the Rainier Beer we always see Charlie drinking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainier_Brewing_Company
~~~Image~~~
Just call me Bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by Just call me Bella »

Angel wrote:Okay so when they pull into the police station and Edward says, " That's my father's car on the end, what's he doing here?"

Could he just be thinking out loud, cos surely Edward would just be able to read Carlisle's mind to get his answers right?

As for the look between Carlisle and Edward, remember Carlisle can not read Edward's thoughts, so would only be able to tell Edward what had happended (in his own mind) and not answer any of his questions.

Angel x
I believe that Carlisle actually says his lines outloud, but I would have to see the movie again to be sure. ;)
The_Lamb wrote: I have a question; when Edward says to Alice "And can you keep your thoughts to yourself"-what does he mean?
It's in the scene where Jasper and Alice drive off with Bella.
I didn't get it the first or second time.
I believe this is because she has seen Bella as a vampire, and remember in twilight how Bella asks those "how do you kill a vampire/become a vampire" and Alice says "Edward doesn't want me to tell you about this stuff." I think that's how they conveyed that even tho that conversation never took place in Phoenix.

Also, not sure if anyone else noticed this when they are playing baseball and Jasper is swinging the bat around his hand, kinda like one in the army would a rifle. I thought that was a cool little way to play that into the movie.
Edward can bust my headboard, bite my pillows and bruise my body ANYDAY!
TwilightFan27
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightFan27 »

CantBreathe wrote:
kimmyBEE wrote:I thought Waylon and the waitress were married? I wasn't sure since they weren't in the books, but I immediately jumped to that conclusion.
Woah! Interesting to hear how people interpret things, I would have never thought of that...
I thought that waylon and the waitres were married aswell. it just seemed like that but obviously we don't know for sure because they weren't in the books
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

^^^at imdb.com someone wrote a little bio for Cora the waitress.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0110899/bio
Cora works most days at the Forks Coffee shop - and most days she really enjoys it. She feels at home in the community and loves keeping up with everyone at the coffee shop. Forks isn't the most cosmopolitan of places and except for the occasional hunting accident or very rare celebrity sighting, Forks stays pretty quiet. She likes the pace, the people and natural beauty of Forks, although she could stand a few more days of sun throughout the year. Cora does get lonely sometimes and if it weren't for the harmless, flirtation from her friend, Forks Coffee Shop regular Waylon Forge, she might forget she could be considered pretty by some. Though she knows he wouldn't show any open emotion towards her, especially at the coffee shop, her heart jumps every time she sees Charlie Swan. She hopes he never learns to cook.
Page last updated by Twigirl, 1 month ago
Last edited by JodeenSings on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~~~Image~~~
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

It's probably just a coincidence, but Waylon was wearing a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt with a clover on it, and the scene where the waitress asks Charlie if he's heard anything more about the killings, she is wearing a clover necklace.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
JodeenSings

Post by JodeenSings »

Alison wrote:It's probably just a coincidence, but Waylon was wearing a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt with a clover on it, and the scene where the waitress asks Charlie if he's heard anything more about the killings, she is wearing a clover necklace.
I noticed that, too. And then its just soooo wrong when Victoria wears that shirt. And what is that white furry monstrosity she is wearing. I want the backstory on that thing!
And wouldn't it be an excellent inside joke for New Moon if Michael Copon walks out as Jacob and then pulls off a mask and reveals himself as TAYLOR!
TEAM TAYCOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posting on as many forums as legally possible tonight!
~~~Image~~~