Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by mandyb7 »

twilightnewbie wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:I think the egg thing must be some kind of inside joke on the set or something or with a particular cast or crew member rather than with Emmett's character because apparently in one scene in the Swan house there was a random bowl on the kitchen table with a couple loose eggs in it. Next time I watch it I'm gunna look and see how many eggs I can find lol.
Wrong-oh on the eggs on the kitchen table at the scene when Charlie and Edward are waiting for Bella to come down for prom. They are golf balls.
hahahaha seriously? darn I was hoping whoever said that was right cuz I was kinda liking the whole eggs thing, oh well, I'm still gunna keep my eye open for eggs though, you know, wishful thinking, lol.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

DarkMuse wrote:I liked when Charlie told Bella about someone being attacked by an animal, that he had to go to Masen County. Masen was Edward's last name before he met Carlisle. And also, when Bella is looking at the map trying to find where Port Angeles was, there was a Lincoln Park which of course Linkin Park has a song on the soundtrack.

I'm not sure what the joke is here, but did anyone notice that Emmett carries a bag of eggs into the lunch room? And then when Edward and Charlie are sitting at the table waiting for Bella to come down before Prom, there are 2 eggs sitting in a little basket. I know in NM Emily fixes dozens of eggs for the pack and then in BD all Bella eats before finding out she's pregnant are bunches of eggs. What's the deal here? Is there some sort of inside joke that SM has going on that we don't know about? I'm so lost. Lol.

I did notice during the lunchroom scene that Emmett was chewing on something. I thought it was funny. Not sure why he was doing that.
The two eggs in the basket are actually golf balls. And Rosalie can be seen taking a bite of food also.
Last edited by twilightnewbie on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

AlwaysforShaenEdward wrote:
omegawolf3 wrote:sex.....money.....sex....money.......cat!

my favorite line
lol the guys face..he was all dreamy-eyed and sighing thinking of his cat
I thought the line was funny too, but not because I thought he was thinking of his cat. Sex, money.... cat. Cat is a euphemism
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:I just saw the movie a second time and I was able to notice all the little things our favorite clutz, Bella, did:
- slamming the truck door into Jacob
- slipping on the ice in her driveway
- dropping a bag in her kitchen

Did anyone else notice any more clutzy Bella moments?

That might not be something people pick up on if they haven't read the book.
Others: Hitting Mike with the volleyball, tripping while following Edward through the rocks in the forest scene (I think someone else mentioned this also), slipping in the greenhouse scene, dropping apple at school salad bar, falling down stairs and going through window in her mother's account of her injuries, awkwardness at dancing (in Edwards bedroom and at prom), Bella's reaction when Charlie first offers her the pepper spray.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

There's a part in the movie where Edward asks Bella, "you don't like the cold?" Or something like that and she answers with, "I don't like anything cold or wet." And he starts laughing. Is it for any reason in particular or just because its "funny"? I was always curious about that.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
allisonlovesedward
Settled in Forks

Post by allisonlovesedward »

yeah i was wondering about that, too. because he's cold... not wet maybe. but he's cold. lol.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Ok- I just read 32 pages before posting, so bear with me. :)

Regarding Victoria being at the prom:
Yes, it doesn't make a lot of sense having Victoria there- not with Edward present to sense her. But, consider:
Edward probably could hear her- but as she wasn't planning on doing anything right then and there, he kept it to himself in order not to make Bella worry.
And as we know from New Moon and Eclipse, Victoria's not the type for direct confrontation.

Regarding the "suffer in silence" comment:
Edward picks up on this aspect of Bella's personality in Midnight Sun. He discovers that she's a martyr, but she doesn't want anyone to know that she suffers. However, I thought it was out of character for Bella to just up and say it out loud.

Regarding the "(owl) wings behind Edward's head":
Anyone recall (in Midnight Sun) his comments about how Bella has a "vampire angel"? That's what I first thought of when I first saw this scene in the movie.

Some things I've noticed:
In one of the school cafeteria scenes (I forget which one exactly), the camera is focused on Bella and her group. Jasper and Alice are walking past in the background. You see Jasper hold her hand and Alice does a little pirouette as they glide by. :)

The night Edward stays with Bella in her room, when she (while sleeping) moves to hug him/get closer to him- the look on Edward's face is one of pain. After reading the books and what we have of Midnight Sun, it made me appreciate Pattinson's portrayal of Edward even more. (Talk about resisting temptation!)

The kitchen scene in the Cullen residence- I believe it's Emmett who says "Here comes the human!" (If I recall correctly, someone- probably him, too- says something like "Get a whiff of that!")

Also, something odd: Bella hates riding on Edward's back while he runs- and yet they had the whole scene, running from the house, climbing up trees... She doesn't really start to like it until the end of New Moon. (Don't get me wrong- the sequences were great- just out of character.)
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:There's a part in the movie where Edward asks Bella, "you don't like the cold?" Or something like that and she answers with, "I don't like anything cold or wet." And he starts laughing. Is it for any reason in particular or just because its "funny"? I was always curious about that.
I thought he was laughing due to the irony of he, himself being cold. At this point, even though he really wanted to eat her, felt a connection to her, so I'm sure he was laughing at the irony.

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

ringswraith wrote: The kitchen scene in the Cullen residence- I believe it's Emmett who says "Here comes the human!" (If I recall correctly, someone- probably him, too- says something like "Get a whiff of that!")
It's actually Rosalie who says these because the camera is focused on Emmett and he doesn't say anything..And plus..It's a girls voice..
ringswraith wrote:Regarding Victoria being at the prom:
Yes, it doesn't make a lot of sense having Victoria there- not with Edward present to sense her. But, consider:
Edward probably could hear her- but as she wasn't planning on doing anything right then and there, he kept it to himself in order not to make Bella worry.
And as we know from New Moon and Eclipse, Victoria's not the type for direct confrontation.
OK in Eclipse, Edward says that he didn't really pay attention to Victoria's thoughts in the Baseball Clearing so he didn't realise he talent etc..But I think he didn't realise she was at the prom because he would've been so focused on Bella he wouldn't really be registering the thoughts and originally when they first walked in Victoria would've been making a point to be thinking natural 'teenage' thoughts as to not draw attention to herself..Unless she didn't know Edward could hear thoughts.
Does she know?
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:
It's actually Rosalie who says these because the camera is focused on Emmett and he doesn't say anything..And plus..It's a girls voice..
Edit: Oops- You're right. And it's definitely not Esme, since she's on-camera and quiet, nor Alice since she's not there yet. Good catch. :)
eliselovesedwardx wrote: OK in Eclipse, Edward says that he didn't really pay attention to Victoria's thoughts in the Baseball Clearing so he didn't realise he talent etc..But I think he didn't realise she was at the prom because he would've been so focused on Bella he wouldn't really be registering the thoughts and originally when they first walked in Victoria would've been making a point to be thinking natural 'teenage' thoughts as to not draw attention to herself..Unless she didn't know Edward could hear thoughts.
Does she know?
Well, Victoria at the prom didn't happen in the book. We know that both she and James were very careful during their time hunting/being hunted by the Cullens, but I doubt it's due to them realizing what Edward can do.

Laurent would likely have told her this after his time with the Denali coven, but that doesn't happen until after he leaves Forks, prior to the whole mess, so Victoria (if she really were at the prom) would have had no idea about Edward's ability. Which makes me think that, if she really were there, Edward was probably ignoring her for Bella's sake.

I doubt that Victoria would be able to fool Edward by thinking "properly." I mean, he's quite familiar with the students in school. You do have a point about him being very focused on Bella, though- that's certainly a possibility... But as we learn in Eclipse (and somewhat in Midnight Sun), Edward's able to think of so many things at once- I just find it highly doubtful that he'd miss something like that.