Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Dxplora07 »

ForJazz926 wrote:
Dxplora07 wrote:I just want to know what was up with the mini cactus! lol, In the beginning Bella has the mini cactus, and looks like she's praying over it, then when she's moving in to her bedroom in Forks she has it again, and then poof! no more mini cactus ever again...i wonder what ever happened to it... :)
I have the answer! The Ceiling Cat has it!

rofl! that's total awesomeness, I actually saw that the day I posted this, it was so funny, I was like, "hey! I just asked that question!" Twilol is complete greatness! :)
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

If you want to get all the 'inside jokes' watch twilight with RP, KS and the director's commentary. For example, the cross at the bottom of the stairs is carlisle's, there is SM there at the second diner scene, there's a little tv there that replays the fight scene, in biology class, there's an armadillo in a case because it's Texas's animal and the director is from Texas, etc. and, it's super funny!

and dyk that before they had KS talking to the mini cactus??? :lol:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

willowtree wrote:If you want to get all the 'inside jokes' watch twilight with RP, KS and the director's commentary. For example, the cross at the bottom of the stairs is carlisle's, there is SM there at the second diner scene, there's a little tv there that replays the fight scene, in biology class, there's an armadillo in a case because it's Texas's animal and the director is from Texas, etc. and, it's super funny!

and dyk that before they had KS talking to the mini cactus??? :lol:

~h. f. e. l.
There are several part of the directors cut where you wanted them to speak about the more intense scenes and we got silence...that spoke volumes to me how about you?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

UHM
Rob flipped Kellan off xD
And Victoria wears the same shirt as the guy on the boat they killed
and it looked like Edward had wings, but he didn't.
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

"That's my monkey man..."

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
TwiMom70
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiMom70 »

Yep, it made me think of how Carlisle's Dad was a minister!
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Whew! Finally made it through all 56 pages of this thread! I'm very impressed with how observant my fellow Fans are, and thankful to many for pointing out things I've still missed in my dozen or so viewings of the movie. Here are some of my random thoughts on topics that came up earlier in this thread. They intrigued me, so I had to do my own follow-up, i.e., watching the movie again.

Re while trying on prom dresses and seeing the silver car through the window across the street, I still can't decide whether that's a Volvo or not. But I can tell you that the wheels are not the same as the wheels on Edward's Volvo in other scenes.

Re while Bella is injured in the hospital, there is a book on the bedside tray stand, but to my eye it's not a Twilight saga book. In looking closely, the bottom half of the cover is a light color, not matching any of the actual Twilight books. And in the shotgun scene and the mention of a possible Twilight book in the background, I couldn't find one there, either. There's what looks like a book in the upper left of the glass front bookcase that has a red blotch on it (like the Twilight cover), but it's too blurry for me to make out.

Re the field trip to learn about composting, the school bus pictured has "Quillayute Valley School District" on the side and I thought that was a misspelling of the Quileute Nation name. But in reality ("you can Google it" -HA) the Forks schools ARE the Quillayute Valley School District. Kudos to the set production people!

Re when Bella first arrives in Forks, Charlie takes out the patchwork suitcase from the cruiser trunk. This is the same one Bella quickly stuffs and hauls down the stairs with her when she's running from James and needs to make Charlie let her go. Then later after she's injured and is in the hospital room, there's a VERY quick glance of it on the floor to the left of the bed that Edward is napping on.

Re Bella meets up with Charlie for dinner where Mike is outside and says the line, "He looks at you like you're something to eat," and then Bella's line where she apologizes to Charlie for being late because of a "Biology project!" HA! Loralee caught that one, too! Makes one wonder what exactly that Biology project was! :oops:

Re Bella on phone talking to Renee the night Edward first comes over. Edward startles Bella and she closes the conversation, Renee says "Come on, we gotta talk boys! Are you being safe." What a giggle! Edward has to be able to hear that!

Re during the phone call between Edward and Bella while trying to escape James, Edward tells Bella he's going to come get her and then they'll go somewhere alone. Makes me wonder if that's a reference to Esme's Island.

Re during the hospital scene where Edward tells Bella she has to go to Jacksonville, why, oh why is there not a beeping monitor in the background that goes wild??? What a wasted opportunity to tie into the crazy heart rhythm referred to repeatedly in the books!! :?

Re during phone call between James and Bella, when James is pictured, on the left there is what looks like a picture of young Bella on a ballet studio flyer.

Re Cullen kitchen scene, Rosalie's eyes, to me, are darker than the others'. Wonder if she's crabby when she's thirsty? Well, crabbier than usual, that is.

Some other random thoughts/POVs while I was reading this whole thread; the halo for Charlie scene was a classic imho, and it seems that some posters didn't really get it (the motion with the finger). Bella asks him, "could you be nice, he's important," and that's Charlie's reaction. He's indicating to Bella that he'll be good, like an angel (huh, there's that angel reference again). Also, a previous poster made mention of Billy driving the truck and being paralyzed from the car accident (presumably the same one that killed Jacob's mother referred to in the middle third of BD when Jacob is narrating). But SM on her website in one of the "correspondence" links makes mention that Billy is in the wheelchair due to diabetes, which in real life is a very common disease for Native Americans.

Well, I suppose that most of these are not really inside jokes as such, but should be in the added/alternative scenes thread. I'm very curious now to go back over the movie with a fine tooth comb and pick up all the details that I missed that have so thoroughly been discussed her. I have just one question to ask the readership at large, and this perhaps dates me to those in the know:

IN THE SLOW DANCE PROM SCENE, WHO ELSE THINKS EDWARD IS CHANNELLING QUENTIN COLLINS?
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Samlawali
Settled in Forks
Location: "this" close to crossing over to the dark side..with Edward of course!

Post by Samlawali »

Hey- I wanted to leave my 2cents on the Charlie/finger halo issue.

My thought was that he was responding to Bella's comment about Edward being important to her and he was saying "what about me"?

Make sense? :?:
"Life isn't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" - Gary Allen
"Is it not enough to have a long and happy life with me? ...Yeah, for now..."
wig4usc
Settled in Forks

Post by wig4usc »

I took the Charlie gesture the first time I saw the movie to be a halo, like "OK, I'll be good, see????". I thought it was classic, one of the great things that Billy brought to the part and while I love the book, I'm glad he added what he added.

I've read many of the posts and have tried over and over to find copies of the book or the picture of Edward's mother that some say is in his room. I still haven't found those. I also didn't notice the Cullen crest and they're jewelry with it until much later.

I agree that the Rob/Kristen/Catherine's comments about the movie do share some interesting insight...like Rob apparently didn't like how groomed his eyebrows were. If you haven't watched that yet, do it. It was sometimes frustrated to listen to, but heard some interesting things.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

theotherStephanie wrote:Re during the phone call between Edward and Bella while trying to escape James, Edward tells Bella he's going to come get her and then they'll go somewhere alone. Makes me wonder if that's a reference to Esme's Island.
I disagree, mostly because it's so early in the series and we don't even know of the existence of the island until after the wedding in Breaking Dawn. I doubt that Edward would use the island for such a purpose- it's special to his parents, after all.
Samlawali wrote:Hey- I wanted to leave my 2cents on the Charlie/finger halo issue.

My thought was that he was responding to Bella's comment about Edward being important to her and he was saying "what about me"?

Make sense? :?:
Sort of. But in my opinion, had that been what Charlie (i.e., Billy Burke) was going for, he would have probably just said it out loud- "And I'm not?" or "What about me?" Or at the very least, just pointed at himself and looked questioningly at Bella.

The circle over the head is definitely a halo and a response to the "Could you be nice?" comment of Bella's. :)