Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen »

Some one probably already posted this but when Bella goes to La Push with everyone and Jacob shows up with his friends do you think that might be Quil and Embry??? :?:
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

Mrs. Ashlie Cullen wrote:Some one probably already posted this but when Bella goes to La Push with everyone and Jacob shows up with his friends do you think that might be Quil and Embry??? :?:
I'm not sure I understand the question. In the credits (and the TL interviews) they're Sam and Embry. Is that what you mean?
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

I thought it was Quil and embry because in the book Jacob didnt like sam until he got changed into a wolf

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

EDIT: Lorabell beat me to it.

My niece and I have always assumed that the one who actually says that the Cullens don't go there (La Push) is Sam. We just weren't sure if the other was Quil or Embry, but it looks like we have our answer. :)
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

yea me and my bff when we went and seen it she hasnt read the second one and i was on the third and i said that it might be Quil and embry

Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

Mrs. Ashlie Cullen wrote:I thought it was Quil and embry because in the book Jacob didnt like sam until he got changed into a wolf
I thiiink they were all friends until Sam became a werewolf and had to distance himself (and was probably upset over Emily and the Leah thing too) but then it became "us against them" when more started becoming werewolves.
If I recall, Jared and Paul make up the three who are cliff diving and are the original "protectors" - then Emrby joins and then (after Jacob) Quil. But when we first meet them, I don't think they're meant to have changed yet - they all still have long hair!
Speaking of which, please join up and pass along Team Solomon - it would be so sad if he's overlooked for NM because he's not a "money making" name like others who are potentially being cast!
Lorabell

.La.Tua.Cantante.
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by .La.Tua.Cantante. »

One of my favorite moments in the movie is right after Edward "rescues" Bella is Port Angeles.
They're in the car and Edwards all furious and what not, he asks Bella to distract him.
she says something like
"You should put your seatbelt on."
the look on his face was priceless! his expression screamed "wtf?"
and he said, in a very patronizing tone mind you, something like
"you put your seatbelt on!"

please, see for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivmZKUl9mM
(^link to a video clip of said scene. you can't skip to to time frame 1:40 or so, thats about when it starts.)

haha I don't know about anyone else, but I found that hilarious.
then again it might just be me... I had a lot of cherry coke and pixie sticks that day...
Peace.Love.Twilight
Kayla Marie

"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." - Jasper Hale, Eclipse
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

.La.Tua.Cantante. wrote:One of my favorite moments in the movie is right after Edward "rescues" Bella is Port Angeles.
They're in the car and Edwards all furious and what not, he asks Bella to distract him.
she says something like

(^link to a video clip of said scene. you can't skip to to time frame 1:40 or so, thats about when it starts.)

then again it might just be me... I had a lot of cherry coke and pixie sticks that day...
I think he says "why don't you put your seatbelt on"... but it really bothers me that he didn't make her do that when she got in the car anyway - isn't he crazy over protective?! Mind you, it's not like he's ever going to get into an accident... or let her be hurt in one... :? my head hurts!
Lorabell

shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

.La.Tua.Cantante. wrote:One of my favorite moments in the movie is right after Edward "rescues" Bella is Port Angeles.
she says something like

LOL, yeah i found that hilarious for some reason too.. the way he looks at her and laughs.. "you should put YOUR seatbelt on!" it was just so funny.
.La.Tua.Cantante.
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by .La.Tua.Cantante. »

Mrs. Ashlie Cullen wrote:I thought it was Quil and embry because in the book Jacob didnt like sam until he got changed into a wolf
Jacob didn't alwways hate Sam Uley, he only began disliking Sam once the pack started forming and he appeared to be the leader of the elusive "gang."
In the first book - it never really says - but it's implied that Sam hasn't changed yet. For one, his hair is still long; and two, he is still hanging around with non-werewolf La Push guys.

In the book, the La Push scene is a whole lot different than in the movie. There are more that two guys with Jacob when he come to first beach, Sam Uley was one of them. In the book - Bella say that Sam seemed to be the oldest out of the bunch and basically spoke for the rest of the group, introducing everyone and such. When the topic of Edward Cullen comes up, Sam was the one who said "The Cullens don't come here." That is why Solomon Trimble was meant to represent Sam Uley instead one of Jacobs closer friends, such as Quil or Embry.

(BTW, does anyone know the name of the guy who played Embry? hes not credited on IMDB.)
Peace.Love.Twilight
Kayla Marie

"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." - Jasper Hale, Eclipse