Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ReneeJ
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by ReneeJ »

Hm, I saw it as more of an "Edwardian gentleman" suggestion - with the high-neck collar and slight "pea-coat" feel.
However, I love how Jasper always holds himself in that army stance and his wardrobe had just a touch of old south military about it - he even nods ever so slightly when he's first introduced to Bella (just like when he met Alice) - so great!

Good observation about Jasper. I'll have to pay more attention to his wardrobe next time.

I always notice the epaulets on Edward's jacket. They shout military to me.
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

ReneeJ wrote:
Hm, I saw it as more of an "Edwardian gentleman" suggestion - with the high-neck collar and slight "pea-coat" feel.
However, I love how Jasper always holds himself in that army stance and his wardrobe had just a touch of old south military about it - he even nods ever so slightly when he's first introduced to Bella (just like when he met Alice) - so great!

Good observation about Jasper. I'll have to pay more attention to his wardrobe next time.

I always notice the epaulets on Edward's jacket. They shout military to me.
Ah, yes! But did anyone notice that in the "I know what you are" scene in the woods, that Edwards right epaulet is undone - scandal!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Alison

Post by Alison »

I just switched my Twilight calendar to February, and I noticed in the photo that Jasper is carrying a cane. It looks like a scene right out of the movie, but I don't ever recall Jasper with a cane. But then again, I missed a lot if I wasn't really looking for something in particular.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

Alison wrote:I just switched my Twilight calendar to February, and I noticed in the photo that Jasper is carrying a cane. It looks like a scene right out of the movie, but I don't ever recall Jasper with a cane. But then again, I missed a lot if I wasn't really looking for something in particular.
I think it's an umbrella - I saw him carry one in the scene when they're leaving for the field-trip, when Mike asks Bella to the Prom?
Lorabell

who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Lorabell wrote:
Alison wrote:I just switched my Twilight calendar to February, and I noticed in the photo that Jasper is carrying a cane. It looks like a scene right out of the movie, but I don't ever recall Jasper with a cane. But then again, I missed a lot if I wasn't really looking for something in particular.
I think it's an umbrella - I saw him carry one in the scene when they're leaving for the field-trip, when Mike asks Bella to the Prom?
and he and Alice were under an umbrella next to Edward, right before the car crash scene.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
Lorabell wrote:
and he and Alice were under an umbrella next to Edward, right before the car crash scene.
Good catch! *high five*
Lorabell

Alison

Post by Alison »

Ha ha. Oops. Silly me. A cane is a good guess from the picture, though. :oops:
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

I don't know if it was mentioned or not, and I'm not even sure it's a joke, but more of a mistake...

When Edward is taking Bella to play baseball they are standing outside of the rig and Edward/Rob puts his hand on the vehicle to either lean against it or shut the door and he's wearing thick gloves like his hands were cold. He's a vampire -- he's pretty much immune to the cold, no need for gloves.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

JenTheWriter wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned or not, and I'm not even sure it's a joke, but more of a mistake...

When Edward is taking Bella to play baseball they are standing outside of the rig and Edward/Rob puts his hand on the vehicle to either lean against it or shut the door and he's wearing thick gloves like his hands were cold. He's a vampire -- he's pretty much immune to the cold, no need for gloves.
It's continuity from the previous scene when he meets Charlie - if you're a cold-skinned Vampire going to be introduced to the love of your life's Dad, I'm sure you'd put gloves on to shake his hand too ;)
Lorabell

JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Lorabell wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote:I don't know if it was mentioned or not, and I'm not even sure it's a joke, but more of a mistake...

It's continuity from the previous scene when he meets Charlie - if you're a cold-skinned Vampire going to be introduced to the love of your life's Dad, I'm sure you'd put gloves on to shake his hand too ;)
OOoh, right. I didn't even notice it in the previous scene, just that they shook hands. I was like, "Why wouldn't Charlie notice they are cold?"
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!