Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ChelseaLee
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by ChelseaLee »

BunnyLvr wrote:
ChelseaLee wrote:Just my tidbit......kinda an FYI....my husband is British and he definitely gives the finger with his middle finger! :lol:
Maybe he's just translating it into "American"? LOL!
LOL! That's funny! He does "translate" a lot of slang into "American". But yeah, all my friends and family over there use their middle finger. It's quite popular, along with most other forms of foul language. I told my husband he "Speaks Cuss". :lol:
Team Switzerland - Because yes, I love them both!
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

I LIKE THIS THREAD. More than three page discussing the language of fingers! And it seems we all know where to look for the dirtly little joke now, don't we? Cora is not married to Waylon, he is just one of her special customers. I personally think the Waylon gave Cora the shamrock necklace as a gift.
TEAM TAYCOB OUT!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

JodeenSings wrote:And it seems we all know where to look for the dirtly little joke now, don't we?
i dont. what is it?
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
Valerie
Settled in Forks

Post by Valerie »

So I just came back from watching Twilight for the 5th time ... and I kept my eye out for the inside jokes that some of you were doubtful about!

- Taylor Lautner and 'little Bella' are smiling at the camera in the final hospital scene on the tv, for sure. No doubts. There are also scenes of the burning of James, but the screen is blurred in the background.
- Edward does not flip Emmett off in the baseball scene. Edward snaps his fingers, like "shucks!" and it just appears that he is giving Emmett the finger.
- In the biology scene, I'm 90% positive that Edward is supposed to have the owl's wings behind him. It probably symbolizes that Edward is like an angel to Bella. (... or maybe school has drilled into me that everything is put in a place for a purpose. *cough* Lord of the Flies *cough*)

Sorry, it's really late and I forgot many of them... I had soo many argh! but if I remember them, I"ll repost here!
July 21, 2008: The night that changed my life; the night when I started reading Twilight.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I noticed that as Bella is looking at the map online (trying to find the location of the bookstore) there is a "lincoln park" (a band on the soundtrack of twilight) which made me giggle.

Also when looking at the book she got on the legends of "the cold ones" she is reading page 135, which happens to be the page in twilight where she is looking online about vampires. So it connects in a way.
ImageImageImageImageImage
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Valerie wrote:So I just came back from watching Twilight for the 5th time ... and I kept my eye out for the inside jokesthat some of you were doubtful about!

- Edward does not flip Emmett off in the baseball scene. Edward snaps his fingers, like "shucks!" and it just appears that he is giving Emmett the finger.

Sorry, it's really late and I forgot many of them... I had soo many argh! but if I remember them, I"ll repost here!
Like I said before, no offence, He might have made it look like he snapped his fingers. But Kellan did punch him. Looks like Emmet's behavior.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

okay...I just came back from watching this too (the 9:15 pm showing was SOLD OUT. wow) and I still wasn't able to catch the 'dirty joke' while Bella was googling. And no, I didn't blink. Can someone please just tell me what it was?

Oh also, I was looking at the bookshelf while Bella was telling Charlie about introducing Edward and.. the background was a little too blurry for me to check if there was a Twilight or BD book in it. I know somebody mentioned that there's a T or BD book in the shelf in that scene but I didn't catch it.
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

shavei7 wrote:okay...I just came back from watching this too (the 9:15 pm showing was SOLD OUT. wow) and I still wasn't able to catch the 'dirty joke' while Bella was googling. And no, I didn't blink. Can someone please just tell me what it was?

Oh also, I was looking at the bookshelf while Bella was telling Charlie about introducing Edward and.. the background was a little too blurry for me to check if there was a Twilight or BD book in it. I know somebody mentioned that there's a T or BD book in the shelf in that scene but I didn't catch it.

When the DVD comes out I hope that I have something like a blue-ray player so I can see everything perfectly. Like the bookshelf and the dirty joke so I could pause it. I can't believe it was sold out. Did you get to watch it though. I usually buy tickets for the night time during the day.

For example the first day it came out (November 21) I asked my mom to buy me the tickets and she bought them at twelve or something. So I got a good seat in the middle row and got to watch the movie. I'll ask her to do that tommorow. I've been begging her to let me go.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
shavei7

Post by shavei7 »

^^^ hell yeah I got to watch it! LOL. The moment I found out through Fandango that a theater near me will show it AGAIN, I bought my ticket online right away (this was Tuesday morning btw), and managed to convince one of my schoolmates (her 2nd time to watch it, my 7th).

I was third in line, and there's a couple right behind me. After we handed our ticket, I could feel the couple starting to overtake me, no doubt to get the best seat, which was exactly what I had in mind that's why we went there early (30 mins before show time) --- they didn't let us in until 10 mins before show time. I half ran to the door and zeroed in on the center front seat. I left my classmate at the line (hey, it's TWILIGHT. I did reserve a seat for her of course) and she and some people actually entered the wrong cinema. LOL. It was a bit confusing because cinema 7 actually had the 'Tale of Desperaux' poster. I guess they were showing this before 9:15 pm. Anyways, she made it to the right cinema. I was surprised that the theater was PACKED. Like, there was no vacant seat. People were actually still laughing at a lot of the jokes there. Ahhh..I got my Twilight fix again.

sorry, that was off topic *grins*
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I feel bad for the classmate. Poor her. She's just standing there waiting and you're running to get a seat.
No, but I understand. It IS Twilight. I want to take my best friend to go see it also for the first time after she first read the book and I would leave her there too. Lol.

Back to the topic.
*Put's her game face on*
I think that one inside joke is when Edward tries kissing Bella for the first time. I know that she goes mad at first and attacks him and then he backs off quickly but Rob just half-sat there and let her kiss him. Was that an inside joke. Cuz on Et online they said that Rob actually fell off the bed the first try or something.