Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by debussygirl »

I heard that Summit hadn't confirmed or denied it, which makes me think that they're at least considering it, but not ready to comment.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I really dont want melissa to screen write it.
Ill die.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

debussygirl wrote:I heard that Summit hadn't confirmed or denied it, which makes me think that they're at least considering it, but not ready to comment.
"Summit Entertainment has acquired the rights (optioned property) from Stephenie Meyer to film and distribute Breaking Dawn, the fourth novel in her series. The project has now been green lighted by the studio. Pre-production for Eclipse is already underway, and Breaking Dawn is in the early planning stages. Casting information will be posted here as soon as available. “Breaking Dawn” will start shooting in the spring of 2010, with a release scheduled for early 2011"

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Wow. They're really doing it, then?

Wonder how this is going to turn out...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

ForJazz926 wrote:
debussygirl wrote:I heard that Summit hadn't confirmed or denied it, which makes me think that they're at least considering it, but not ready to comment.
"Summit Entertainment has acquired the rights (optioned property) from Stephenie Meyer to film and distribute Breaking Dawn, the fourth novel in her series. The project has now been green lighted by the studio. Pre-production for Eclipse is already underway, and Breaking Dawn is in the early planning stages. Casting information will be posted here as soon as available. “Breaking Dawn” will start shooting in the spring of 2010, with a release scheduled for early 2011"

Until we get an official press release from Summit I'm not going to hold my breath that it's going to happen. Where did you get that from?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Associated Content Arts and Entertainment, maybe? If you google the subject, you'll find it everywhere. The problem is that it's been so heavily talked about that most of the articles you'll find say "don't get your panties in a bunch yet - it's still just in the works," because they are old. This thing has been "will they won't they" since last November. But everything since at least April 20, 2009 that I've found is no longer skeptical. And honestly...when you really think about it, do you really think there's a chance they will axe it after three? I don't. The first one made so much money, and Breaking Dawn is still on the top of the bestseller list. They are going to finish this series...period. When there's a chance to meet or beat HP and LOTR...it's going to happen. Sagas are all the rage, and this is a hot one.

Image Image
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I agree that it would be smart for them to make it considering how well Twilight did & the excitement that's already surrounding NM. I just know that there's talk that it could be hard to make (what with Renesmee) and since we haven't heard anything directly from Summit that it's greenlight to go I am just going to patiently wait & see what happens. Plus I would love to see BD on the big screen, I'm just kind of sick of the speculation.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I think the only one who thought it might not be made was SM - but I admit that's a big ONLY person. Did you see Watchmen? Her qualms about CGI not being up to par are no longer necessary, I think.

Image Image
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by noelia_cullen »

I really believe that they should do that movie, because, as it was said before, you cannot leave new moon without eclipse and you cannot leave eclipse without breaking dawn, I mean, what would be the reason of making twilight anyways, knowing that it's a saga, without making the happy ending of the entire series, that's just ridiculous!!

Anyways I dont know if the should do only one movie or two, because sure, they can cut out all the pregnancy stages and all the pack stuff, even book two, but then everyone will be like ''OMG I CAN BELIEVE THEY CHANGED THAT", besides that's the only book we get to see how does Jacob truly feels!!! so I really don't know how the should do it

They CAN make it three hours long though, like the lord of the rings or batman 8-) I WONT COMPLAIN! :D :D :D :D :D
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

So if they do make BD, do you think they will do it in one film or two?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."