Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Jadey »

The Dark Knight wrote:So if they do make BD, do you think they will do it in one film or two?

hopefully 2. I want 2.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Another argument brews...

For those who pop into the lex blog, you may have noticed a debate on whether Breaking Dawn should be rated R. What are your thoughts on this?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

I think it should be R.
Otherwise they'd have to tweak Isle Esme, the birth, and when Bella goes hunting.
And those scenes should NEVER be tweaked.

I just don't think they should have to change the story just for tweens.

But then again, 13 year olds read the book, and make their own images in their head of the scenes - which could be worse than what it would be in the movie :p

So yeh, R all the way.. which would make the rating either R16 or R18 in New Zealand.
It would be awesome.
I could watch it in peace without little screaming fangirls being a pain in the a**.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

R-rated is the way to go...but it is very very very unlikely to happen.... :oops:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by noelia_cullen »

Rated R!!! At Least I want all the details I could get! :D

It wouldnt b fair if they choose to censure the honeymoon and the birth, that's way too important for the trama!
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

If they made it PG13
then they'd have to skip the moonlit swimming thang and whatnot.
For the birth, - I dont even wanna think about how they'd do that.
and for the hunting, they'd just show bella jumping on the elk or w/e it was. i wanna see bloooood. om nom nom.

It will seriously be ruined if they make it pg13. R plz
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I think it's unreasonable to expect them to up the ratings just to add more details, when all the details aren't even all given to us in the book. Not to mention, it is a young adult series- they'll end up restricting a big portion of the fanbase, and the movie won't do so well as a result.

(Besides, when it gets released onto DVD, you know the younger ones are going to get to watch it anyway.)

They can keep it PG-13. The only problematic scenes, in my opinion, are the "delivery" of the baby and the nights in the cottage. They don't have to make the hunting scenes graphic (they can show Edward's reaction as Bella takes the lion down, for example- that could be quite amusing).
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by noelia_cullen »

Yes, it can be done like that but I believe they'll have to cut these scenes out or change them, and I'd really hate that!
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

noelia_cullen wrote:Yes, it can be done like that but I believe they'll have to cut these scenes out or change them, and I'd really hate that!
I think we'll have to accept that it's going to happen, one way or another. Twilight the movie is quite radically different from the novel, and there will be continuity issues to address.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I think the movie COULD be PG-13. There doesn't need to be a full-frontal nude scene for Isle Esme. The director can take shots of Kristen from the shoulders up, and Rob's waist and pelvic area can be under water. Then there can be a long shot of their naked backs but their butts underneath the water. And anyway... the sex scene in the book fades to black. The reader never knows what happens, we just sort of read about it. A sex scene can be implied like it is in the book.

And then for Renesme's birth, there could still be some violence but nothing grotesque. If the director for BD is anything like Chris Weitz he'd want to do everything possible to keep that part of the book from being tasteless and tawdry yet mantaining its accuracy to the book.

There really isn't any cursing involved in the book, and as I said the sex scenes are only hinted at. What do you guys think? What else could be considered rated "R"? It's been a while since I read Breaking Dawn LOL :D
"and the boy loved the tree"