Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

The only thing that'd really worry me would be Renessmee! Who would play her and how would they do it?! I saw Slumdog millionaire (everyone should see it) and I loved it but the only thing that got me was that the child actors that played the younger versions looked nothing like each other.
It would look really crap if you could clearly see the change between the actresses that'd play her!
I'd still love it though! :lol:
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:
debussygirl wrote:Breaking Dawn will not be rated R, at all. Stephenie is LDS (I am too) and we don't watch R rated movies. One of the requirements for BD should it be a movie would be for it to get no higher than a PG-13 rating, that's how it was for the other ones. If it was rated R a big chunk of the fanbase wouldn't be able to see the movie, or be tempted into seeing it and well, that'd be their decision to make I guess *shrug*. I wouldn't see it. And then I'd cry. But I'm pretty certain Stephenie will stick to her guns on that...I hope so!!
I am sure that they could do it PG-13, but the question is if Summitt will actually listen. I don't know how much control Steph really has over the movies, or how much they listen to her. I agree that if it were up to Steph it would be PG-13, but it depends on the studio and how much action, blood and sex they will throw into it. Sad to say that Sex sells and they could do that just to sell more tickets, not that it would be needed.

I don't know if this was addressed already ( I haven'r read all the pages yet.) I know I read somewhere when SM sold the movie rights for Twilight at least that a stipulation was that it could NOT be R rated, so I am pretty sure that she probably did the same thing w/BD. (I too am LDS & would be HIGHLY disappointed if when it came to being a movie that Summit would make it R rated. That would make a lot of her fans not be able to see it, me included :x )

I would love to see BD on the Big Screen. Especially to see the wedding, reception, Renesmee, Bella turned, and the happily ever after. Especially if there's an Eclipse they can't end it there! (And I would REALLY hate if they included stuff form BD in Eclipse like I think was mentioned) I just don't know about the 2 movie thing. At first when I read that SM said it should be 2 I agreed. But now after reading other posts here, I don't know! Oh well I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens!

Also w/Bella being pale after I'm not too worried, she already is really pale! (I don't remember if you can tell as much in the movie, but there's this one picture in the movie Companion book I can think of where she's as pale, if not more pale than Edward!) And I'm sure they can use makeup to show some sort of difference.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

pennybug84 wrote:Also w/Bella being pale after I'm not too worried, she already is really pale! (I don't remember if you can tell as much in the movie, but there's this one picture in the movie Companion book I can think of where she's as pale, if not more pale than Edward!) And I'm sure they can use makeup to show some sort of difference.
I agree, in Twilight she looks very natural makeup-wise, so they can just glam her up for her transformation. Man I can't wait, I hope there's a BD movie!
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
twilightgirl2468
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightgirl2468 »

hey ppl, i am new to this so yea but if there was a Breaking Dawn movie i would screem! i read all the books in 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I would love to see how they go about with Breaking Dawn. I also would love to see Jacobs point of view because it lets us know why Sam wants to do what they were going to do. I also think it is a good thing to take a little of the focus off of Bella. But with a movie that is easy to do anyway.

They can do wonders with computer technology to make it look as if Renesmee is speaking. In some parts, it isn't as if they need to show her mouth moving anyway.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I'm just really curious to see Rob and Kristen play out some of these scenes. Like I just can't picture those two in a wedding, so I'd really like to see that.
Also, I wonder if they'll actually have the honeymoon on 'Isle Esme'. That would be so cool if they went to some island and filmed there. Theyd have to make Rob sparkle the whole time :P
There are alot of cool things in Breaking Dawn that i'd really like to see on the big screen, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Kristen pregnant, the birth, Renesmee, all the other foreign vamps & their powers, along with Bella's and Nessie's...daddy!edward....

aaand, i think the final showdown between the volturi and everyone else at the end would be amazing! Thats like 100 people all gathered in one little clearing, being all fierce. i cant wait!

as for the rating, its true they would lose about 90 percent of the fans if it was rated r, because the majority are under 18. but c'mon, it HAS to have an epic love scene between rob & kristen....cuz i am SO looking forward to that ;)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

for some reason I can't really picture Kristen doing the whole pregnancy part of BD. Sure if they do it from Jacob's pov like the book that'll help, but for some reason I just can't really see this playing out. I don't know. I would love to see BD as a movie w/the wedding, honeymoon, Renesmee, and Bella being changed. But when I was thinking about it being a movie I just can't see her doing the middle part w/the pregnancy.

Also if they do a movie I would love to see what the Cullens are doing while Bella is getting ready for the wedding. I would love to read this part from someone else's pov (especially Edward) and think it would be interesting to see.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

If they make BD, I'd love to see all of the different covens they get to witness against the Volturi! I think that will be so interesting since there are Irish vampires, Egyptian vampires, American vampires, Amazonian vampires, and all of the other ones!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

I really can not wait for Breaking Dawn. I can not wait to see Bella and Edwards wedding!!!! Plus, how great will it be to see the Cullens and friends waiting for the Volturi, with Bella a vampire holding Renesmee. How beautiful with Bella be after the change!

As for the thoughts about it being two movies. I feel like it can be cut down to one. There are so many chapters I feel that talk a lot about her new life as a vampire and her love for Edward. Of course I want to see this all, but since it will be shown in the movie, I dont think it will take up as much time as in the books.

I am a little worried about the Jacob part tho. I dont think it will flow enough if all of a sudden it goes into Jacobs POV so much.
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

pennybug84 wrote:for some reason I can't really picture Kristen doing the whole pregnancy part of BD. Sure if they do it from Jacob's pov like the book that'll help, but for some reason I just can't really see this playing out. I don't know. I would love to see BD as a movie w/the wedding, honeymoon, Renesmee, and Bella being changed. But when I was thinking about it being a movie I just can't see her doing the middle part w/the pregnancy.

Also if they do a movie I would love to see what the Cullens are doing while Bella is getting ready for the wedding. I would love to read this part from someone else's pov (especially Edward) and think it would be interesting to see.
I'm the same! I just cannot picture Kristen pregnant! It'd look so weird! :lol:
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com