Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by ForJazz926 »

I was thinking the exact same thing as you, bodysnatcher. I don't think it needs to be drastically different to keep the rating down. I think the sex scenes won't really be sex scenes - exactly like they were in the book. Just implied. I think the closest to rated R the book gets is the birth...which is graphic only in the reader's imagination. Imagination can be used for the movie too - maybe they can even do a little montage the way they did with "Let Me Sign" at the end of Twilight. I think to truly capture the tone of that moment while also showing the pain and anguish, it *can't* be gory. Maybe flashes here and there of faces and close-ups on skin and hands and dripping blood - while some song plays and the shouts and cries become a bit muffled and desperate, but no "whole picture" shots as far as the image or sound is concerned. I am positive that the viewer will know what's happening without actually getting in there with a camera.

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That's actually a great suggestion for the birth scene, ForJazz926. They could even use the banter between Jacob, Edward, and Rosalie in the montage.

The only other scene that I haven't thought of yet is Bella's first hunt- her dress gets shredded, and she has it on for a while before Edward decides to take his shirt off.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

ringswraith wrote: The only other scene that I haven't thought of yet is Bella's first hunt- her dress gets shredded, and she has it on for a while before Edward decides to take his shirt off.

I can just imagine them putting like, 1 or 2 rips at the bottom. ... :cry:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Jadey wrote:
ringswraith wrote: The only other scene that I haven't thought of yet is Bella's first hunt- her dress gets shredded, and she has it on for a while before Edward decides to take his shirt off.

I always thought of it more like a Shania twain mid drift look, not a let everything hang out look. lots of skin but not too much...Like SM leaves things to your own imagination... :oops:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jadey wrote:

I always thought of it more like a Shania twain mid drift look, not a let everything hang out look. lots of skin but not too much...Like SM leaves things to your own imagination... :oops:
I agree. Anyway, I very highly doubt a movie's rating will be based off of a torn dress. There are countless of PG-13 movies that feature girls dressed in promiscuous clothing.

Then I guess it's settled: the movie can very well be PG-13.

Also SM has previously stated that she doesn't like to watch rated R movies.
"and the boy loved the tree"
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

bodysnatcher wrote:Also SM has previously stated that she doesn't like to watch rated R movies.
It's not just that she dislikes watching R-rated movies, its against her religion to watch them.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
noelia_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by noelia_cullen »

ForJazz926 wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing as you, bodysnatcher. I don't think it needs to be drastically different to keep the rating down. I think the sex scenes won't really be sex scenes - exactly like they were in the book. Just implied. I think the closest to rated R the book gets is the birth...which is graphic only in the reader's imagination. Imagination can be used for the movie too - maybe they can even do a little montage the way they did with "Let Me Sign" at the end of Twilight. I think to truly capture the tone of that moment while also showing the pain and anguish, it *can't* be gory. Maybe flashes here and there of faces and close-ups on skin and hands and dripping blood - while some song plays and the shouts and cries become a bit muffled and desperate, but no "whole picture" shots as far as the image or sound is concerned. I am positive that the viewer will know what's happening without actually getting in there with a camera.

That's a great way to film it! I think i'll be really cool to see it in they dit it with ''let me sign'' in twilight, and faces flashes and screaming on the back, it won't b so explicit and would really capture the drama and the stress of the situation, I totally agree with you
Team Edward: Because sparkling it's way cooler!
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my home language)
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

noelia_cullen wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing as you, bodysnatcher. I don't think it needs to be drastically different to keep the rating down. I think the sex scenes won't really be sex scenes - exactly like they were in the book. Just implied. I think the closest to rated R the book gets is the birth...which is graphic only in the reader's imagination. Imagination can be used for the movie too - maybe they can even do a little montage the way they did with "Let Me Sign" at the end of Twilight. I think to truly capture the tone of that moment while also showing the pain and anguish, it *can't* be gory. Maybe flashes here and there of faces and close-ups on skin and hands and dripping blood - while some song plays and the shouts and cries become a bit muffled and desperate, but no "whole picture" shots as far as the image or sound is concerned. I am positive that the viewer will know what's happening without actually getting in there with a camera.

That's a great way to film it! I think i'll be really cool to see it in they dit it with ''let me sign'' in twilight, and faces flashes and screaming on the back, it won't b so explicit and would really capture the drama and the stress of the situation, I totally agree with you
You got it, reveil a little but not to much, leave your audience wanting more is the best way to make it happen...But we are a long way form it being filmed...darn it... 8-)

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

The Dark Knight wrote:
noelia_cullen wrote:

You got it, reveil a little but not to much, leave your audience wanting more is the best way to make it happen...But we are a long way form it being filmed...darn it... 8-)
That is a really good suggestion! I read an interview w/the screenwriter (Melissa?) where she was talking about writing BD & that to her it's not about the gore & what not it's about Edward & Bella's relationship. (who knew after the short development in Twilight? ;) ) But that made me hopeful that if/when it does get made that the birth scene won't be really gory & it'll all work out well to be a PG-13 movie.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Well it will *have* to be PG-13, won't it? Wasn't that a requirement of SM's?

Image Image