Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alice Fan
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Alice Fan »

It would be awesome! But Stephenie said that they might not be able to make BD into a movie simply because of Resseme. But, again, it would be sooooo awesome!
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Alice Fan wrote:It would be awesome! But Stephenie said that they might not be able to make BD into a movie simply because of Resseme. But, again, it would be sooooo awesome!
I think it's doable. Was Mr. Manhattan in Watchmen done with CGI? The only thing that seemed unrealistic about his movement and features was when he spoke. Otherwise, I couldn't tell that it wasn't a real guy. Since Renesmee prefers not to speak, I think they could do her the same way they did Mr. Manhattan - however that may be.

Image Image
JoubertCG
Settled in Forks

Post by JoubertCG »

Renesmee could be done pretty realistically if they would start filming her now. Find a cute baby and every few weeks shoot a lil more of her. By the time New Moon and Eclipse would come out and Breaking Dawn was being filmed, you'd have a little girl with some great footage of her maturing at a rapid rate. At least that is what I'd do.

Also agree, if done right it could be scripted into 1 movie. Perhaps a 3 hour (like Lord of the Rings or Titanic).

I really hope they finish the saga. I need to see Bella make it into the Cullen Family.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

JoubertCG wrote:Renesmee could be done pretty realistically if they would start filming her now. Find a cute baby and every few weeks shoot a lil more of her. By the time New Moon and Eclipse would come out and Breaking Dawn was being filmed, you'd have a little girl with some great footage of her maturing at a rapid rate.
They *could* do that...but the reason that SM said it would be impossible is not the growing part. It was because Renesmee is so completely mature and aware even though she looks like a baby at first. Babies flop around and coo and drool - but Nessie looked at people and at her surroundings the way that a much more developed and aware child did. They could never use real children for Nessie and have it be realistic because of her whole presence - she always looked much younger than she behaved, so SM said she'd have to be CGI or something, but that CGI at the time didn't look realistic enough. I think it might be almost there, though.

Image Image
JoubertCG
Settled in Forks

Post by JoubertCG »

ForJazz926 wrote: Babies flop around and coo and drool - but Nessie looked at people and at her surroundings the way that a much more developed and aware child did. They could never use real children for Nessie and have it be realistic because of her whole presence - she always looked much younger than she behaved, so SM said she'd have to be CGI or something, but that CGI at the time didn't look realistic enough. I think it might be almost there, though.
I do see your point but I have seen many babies that are very alert and in tune to their surroundings. it is also possible to combine CGI and reality. it's truely amazing at what one can do these days.
i won't settle for "it can't be done" when I believe there are ways to get around certain things that could hold back producing a great Renesmee. (IMO)
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I'm womdering whether they would make BD, because Stephanie seemed quote against it.
For me, I would love to see it, even if it isn't perfect. If it isn't made, I would be wondering what it would have been like, and even if they mess up some things, I think the series can't go unfinished.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I'm just saying that Stephenie Meyer said that Renesmee's alertness cannot be done by any human child on earth - she is way too advanced - almost like an adult in the way she looks at people. I believe her. But who knows - maybe they'll just scrap that and do Renesmee with a human baby because they don't want to worry about it. It's not like they are bound completely by Stephenie Meyer.

Image Image
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

JoubertCG wrote:I really hope they finish the saga. I need to see Bella make it into the Cullen Family.
Me too, it needs to happen! I'd be so disappointed if they stopped at Eclipse.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

SuperVixen wrote:
JoubertCG wrote:I really hope they finish the saga. I need to see Bella make it into the Cullen Family.
Me too, it needs to happen! I'd be so disappointed if they stopped at Eclipse.

I agree! Plus for me ending a movie series like Eclipse ends, Bella & Edward engaged and then Jacob running off is a crappy way to end it. Plus I really wanna see the wedding, honeymoon, Bella being turned, Renesmee, and then Bella kicking butt & saving the day at the end.

I think they can do it. I would gladly wait a few years for the movie if that's what it took to be able to do the story right & be able to do Renesmee right.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I read that Breaking Dawn has already been green-lighted. So the "if" is pretty much gone.

Image Image