Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by bodysnatcher »

Well we all know that some scenes might be either super-condensed or omitted. If you could pick any scene from the book that you could cut, which would it be? And please don't answer "OMGZZZZ NONE! ALL OF THEM!! IF THEY TAKE OUT ANYFING I'LL CUT MY HAIR OFFFF AND KILL SUMMIT". lol, i'm curious about what you other people would be willing to part with. 8-)
"and the boy loved the tree"
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Im willing to part with all the fluff with the female maid on Isle Esme. I don't think that Eddie and her need to fight in the movie. I guess it is kinda necessary to show how stressed Eddie was.. and to show they think the child inside Bella isn't human... but I don't think it's that important. It would be awesome to see Rob yelling in a foreign language.

And Bella going behind Edwards back and getting those passport things for Jacob and Nessie. I reckon most of that won't be missed.

Annnnd.... thats all I can think of atm :mrgreen:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

As long as they get most of the very important ones, I'll be fine with them. What I truly dislike is when the add scenes in lue of scenes from the books. The big thing I would like to see is the dialog be closer to the books...Just my 2 cents worht...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

Ok. I don't think that BD should be 2 movies because, as mentioned before, where would they cut it at for it to flow right. It wouldn't work out, and frankly, it may confuse people who haven't read the books. :roll: However, if made into 1 movie, it def. would be WAY to long. :shock: So how would you fix this? Well it would have to meet somewhere in the middle. It should still be 1 movie, but I agree that some things could be slimmed down. The only thing with doing this, though, is they have to be careful, it could wind up turning out to be horrible. They could def. make mistakes with this, and they could chop it up to where it doesn't make since or stuff that was explained in the book winds up becoming gray areas for the people that didn't read the books. Jacob's pov def. needs to be in there, regardless of how boring or unimportant it may have seemed to other people, it was important because we gotta remember all of the books were from Bella's pov, for a big part in BD, Bella was either away at Isle Esme or she was shut up in the Cullen house cuz she was pregnant with a half-vamp baby. That whole time, stuff was going on in the outside world. Jacob's pov shed some light on what was going on in the outside world, and what the pack was planning on doing if Bella had been turned into a vamp., and then when they found out she was pregnant, what they were going to do about the baby. If they leave out his pov in the movie, how would they explain him just showing up? Or him deciding to help them out? The people that have never read the book won't know why he's doing what he is, and they won't know why he broke from the pack, I mean, they may be able to explain it, but it would completely twist around the book, and more than likely confuse people, and make hard core fans upset, me being one of them. If they did slim it down, I'm sure they could find a good way that would make at least some since, unless they butcher it like they kinda did Twilight, and make it into a good time frame. Like I told my friends about Twilight, the time frame isn't that major of a deal cuz frankly, the hard core fans of the saga are not going to mind having to sit and watch it if it was over 2 hrs. long, I mean look at some of these other movies like Titanic, LOTR, or even some of the Harry Potter's that are over 2 hrs. long, we don't mind sitting through those, and frankly, this saga is just as epic as those movies are. 8-)

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well, if they chose to split it into two movies, the best dividing line would be after Jacob's book- imprinting on Renesmee, and hearing Bella's changing heartbeat.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

mary wrote:Ok. I don't think that BD should be 2 movies because, as mentioned before, where would they cut it at for it to flow right. It wouldn't work out, and frankly, it may confuse people who haven't read the books. :roll: However, if made into 1 movie, it def. would be WAY to long. :shock: So how would you fix this? Well it would have to meet somewhere in the middle. It should still be 1 movie, but I agree that some things could be slimmed down. The only thing with doing this, though, is they have to be careful, it could wind up turning out to be horrible. They could def. make mistakes with this, and they could chop it up to where it doesn't make since or stuff that was explained in the book winds up becoming gray areas for the people that didn't read the books. Jacob's pov def. needs to be in there, regardless of how boring or unimportant it may have seemed to other people, it was important because we gotta remember all of the books were from Bella's pov, for a big part in BD, Bella was either away at Isle Esme or she was shut up in the Cullen house cuz she was pregnant with a half-vamp baby. That whole time, stuff was going on in the outside world. Jacob's pov shed some light on what was going on in the outside world, and what the pack was planning on doing if Bella had been turned into a vamp., and then when they found out she was pregnant, what they were going to do about the baby. If they leave out his pov in the movie, how would they explain him just showing up? Or him deciding to help them out? The people that have never read the book won't know why he's doing what he is, and they won't know why he broke from the pack, I mean, they may be able to explain it, but it would completely twist around the book, and more than likely confuse people, and make hard core fans upset, me being one of them. If they did slim it down, I'm sure they could find a good way that would make at least some since, unless they butcher it like they kinda did Twilight, and make it into a good time frame. Like I told my friends about Twilight, the time frame isn't that major of a deal cuz frankly, the hard core fans of the saga are not going to mind having to sit and watch it if it was over 2 hrs. long, I mean look at some of these other movies like Titanic, LOTR, or even some of the Harry Potter's that are over 2 hrs. long, we don't mind sitting through those, and frankly, this saga is just as epic as those movies are. 8-)

Filming a movie so very different from reading or writing a book. Of course they're going to shifts points of view! The camera tells the story from an objective POV. Even in New Moon they're showing us what Edward is doing while he's away and the other Cullens (don't panic it's only tid bits). It's inevitable that they will show Jacob's POV. :D
"and the boy loved the tree"
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I have faith that BD could be done. Hey they still have quite a while before they have to worry about it & get things worked out & figure out how to do everything. But SM herself said that she thinks it would need to be 2 movies if they were to do it. I don't think 1 3 hour movie would be able to serve it justice. (Heck I wish Twilight were 3 hours to get everything in there and it's about 250 pages shorter than BD.) When they switch to Jacob's pov they could just blackout & show us Jacob. (I think it would work) When it comes to cutting it off I think the end of Jacob's pov would work. They show him imprint on Renesmee, and then maybe we see Edward still working to keep Bella's heart beating and the sound of her heart is how they end it. (someone earlier suggested this in a post & I liked it.) But that's just my opinion.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

if there was a brekaing dawn movie
it would have a high rating
with all the sex and stuff
by rating i mean liek pg-13 and R
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
xCathyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xCathyx »

http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-19-catch ... ith-r-patz

Apparently Breaking dawn is going ahead and rob is commited to do it :D
still no word on when filming will start tho :(

Cathy
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Well,

it appears that Rob Patts, said that there will be a Breaking Dawn but the scheduling has not be figured out...Wicked cool

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."