Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by HarryTuttle »

Well you should rent those, they are very good.

Titanic did had brief full frontal nudity (breasts and brief bush) shown since it was PG-13 and so did "Critters 2" showing a genderless faceless alien bounty hunter creature transforming into a hot nude blonde playboy centerfold by looking at it. I'm sure this might have brief nudity but not to be in the R-rated mode.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

HarryTuttle wrote:Well you should rent those, they are very good.
lol yeah i probably will except for candyman i can't watch anything even vaguely scary, im a total wus! :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Candyman is quite good but it's sequel is directed by Bill Condom, oops i mean... Condon.

It's funny how people make fun of his name because of his sexual oriention much like Alan Ball (True Blood, American Beauty, Towel-Head, Six Feet Under writer and creator) or Alan Cumming.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

:lol: thats becuase most people are all about the obvious humour lol
**TEAM EDWARD**
3dw2rd Cull3n
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 3dw2rd Cull3n »

It would be interesting to see bella and edward practice the saxophone, if you get ma meaning :twisted:
3dw2rd cu||3n, biting willing humans since 1 AD
LadyGhost
Settled in Forks

Post by LadyGhost »

This was from an interview with Melissa Rosenburg during the New Moon DVD release party in Washington.

First and foremost, Rosenburg explained how she planned to condense an 800-page book into a movie with a two hour runtime. She stated, "Very carefully. You start with, and you end with, what is the emotional journey with these characters. That is the most important thing to capture that is the only thing to capture. Everything else is up for grabs, but you must take these characters on the same emotional journey that they took in the book, and hence take the audience on the same emotional journey that they took in the book and that’s the goal, you hope that you achieve that. Some people would say I did, some people would say I don’t.”
Next, she discussed the primary challenge of writing "Breaking Dawn" and not being able to please everyone. She explained, “It’s the big one, it’s gonna be a big challenge, and I guarantee you that not all of the fans will be happy, and I guarantee you some of them will be. You have to give up the ideal of making everybody happy, it’s just not gonna happen, but you hope you make the majority happy. Again, for that last book it is about taking that specific character Bella on her journey. It’s a big journey, it’s a massive change for her, and you hope to realize that.”
She then went on to reveal that the production of "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" will begin very soon. She said, "It's coming up very soon, it's all deep into the discussions and working on the story, and figuring out what it's gonna be...we're deep in the middle of it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is more to this than just the beginning and the end and the "emotional journey" in the middle. In other words - she doesn't plan on sticking to the story? I know the emotional journey is important but the facts of the story are just as important. She just doesn't get it, does she?
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

LadyGhost wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is more to this than just the beginning and the end and the "emotional journey" in the middle. In other words - she doesn't plan on sticking to the story? I know the emotional journey is important but the facts of the story are just as important. She just doesn't get it, does she?
:lol: im not going to lie ive kind of thought this for a long time, like in the films Edward does come across as pretty much depressed, she never allows for his joking funny sidehe has in the books to come across in the screenplay, also i think she doesnt really entirely get bella and edwards relationship.
**TEAM EDWARD**
LadyGhost
Settled in Forks

Post by LadyGhost »

I agree that she just doesn't get it. I wish Summit would wake up and realize that just because she wrote the other screenplays doesn't mean they have to stick with her. If they can give up on a director so easily, why can't they give up on her. I wish Stephenie would say something - or had more of a say.
3dw2rd Cull3n
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 3dw2rd Cull3n »

Authors often have no say as to the production of a movie for their book. They can only not give the rights. I have a pretty good idea SM wanted this on film, half the stuff in the books were made for a movie.
3dw2rd cu||3n, biting willing humans since 1 AD
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

yeah i would think stephenie does have a fairly good say i mean its her brainchild, its just i don't know Mellissa Rosenburg always misses out stuff e.g. character traits or some key events, but then at the same time i guess there are points at which she is clearly listening to us fans and including certain things
**TEAM EDWARD**