Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by jlbower79 »

thanks to everyone who will be sitting with me during the 3 day Twilight movie! WOOT WOOT to us! (on and LOTR been there done that! I also watched the HP movies back to back. It's like you ca'nt stop with just one.0

And I thought the guy playing jacob, taylor l. said they have already signed on to do 3 movies... everyone has? It's just a matter if they are making them or not (whcih we ALL know they will i mean give me a break.. it's going to happen...no questions about it.)

it'll be the fact they only sign on for three movies instead of four, what if someone doesn't sign for the fourth book because you know they going to want more money.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Why don't you think they would have the same cast? I bet if this movie does well, they will film the next 4 movies in one crazy year like LOTR did. The cast would also be stupid if they didn't return for the sequil.

I did Love LOTR commentary with the actors on the first movie. I think I have seen it about 13 times. I just am not a sci-fi girl. I am an "all about the cute boys" girl... and LOTR was full of that! I did the honorable thing and read all 3 books before seeing the movies.

I am kinda disturbed that there would be thought of a different cast.... how could you put that into my mind. Dang it!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LizzieBug
Settled in Forks

Post by LizzieBug »

I only read through a few pages of this (haven't got all day -- I have kids and a husband who need taking care of -- so what am I doing here? Hopeless romantic and still 17 at heart!) but the main concern seems to be cutting out a bunch of good stuff. (Sigh.) That's just the way it is when you make a book into a movie. There are subtle plot points that are hard to put across a movie screen. I just hope they won't massacre it too much.

Does anyone know? I've seen a clip or two of Bella breaking down after Edward leaves, Bella jumping off a cliff (in a white satin dress, no less! What is that all about?!?), Jacob Black running through the forest presumably to rescue Bella from the water and was wondering if part of New Moon will be combined into this movie?

So here is my real concern with the movie. I have the movie photos and everyone except for Bella looks like they either have a really bad dye-job or a horrible wig. What is up with that? Couldn't they find a true blond to play Rosalie -- or at least someone who wasn't naturally as brunette as Bella (Kristen Stewart). Ditto for Jasper and Carlisle. They look like they are using way too much color and product for people who are supposed to be inhumanly beautiful.

Don't even get me started on Edward. OK, do. that is why I'm here, right? I've seen him with so many shades of I don't even know what color of hair, that I don't know what to think. [Check this out if you agree with me that his hair is a little too much! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BXu617D ... re=related]. There is a picture of him on the cover of Entertainment Weekly (July 17) and he looks awful! His skin is off and his hair doesn't come close to being bronze, not to mention it is curly. Blech! I'm not going to say anymore on that one. I hope that the photos of or favorite vampires are off and everybody has roots because they were shot more than a few weeks after filming ended and they hair/make-up department didn't bother with touch-ups before the photo shoots.
Last edited by LizzieBug on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LizzieBug
Settled in Forks

Post by LizzieBug »

Oh, and would it hurt to take a pair of tweezers to Robert Pattinson's eyebrows? They could be thinned a little -- not too much and lightened just a bit to match his hair.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL that is so sad... picking on poor Rob's eyebrows. Blame the make-up department. Men should not be afraid of a good brow waxing!
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Wow...Edward's eyebrows are getting talked about lol...you know Twilight fans are obsessive now lol. I don't mind his eyebrows too much, though it does take away from the "perfect" image of Edward.
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that all the scenes I've seen from the movie, Bella and Edward just look so STIFF. I haven't seen anything yet that just shows them laughing and being comfortable together. I know there was a lot of tension at the beginning before Bella figures everything out, but I never got the feeling that they were always talking through gritted teeth... even in the clip of the scene in the mirror room... Edward is staring at Bella and it feels more like he's scrutinizing something he doesn't like rather than the girl he loves who's practically supposed to be half dead in front of him.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
Amitolane
Settled in Forks

Post by Amitolane »

YEah MagicWings!! My thoughts exactly!!! Both oF them really looked SOO STIFF' in the trailers. My goodness (please!) I hope they'd show more emotion in the movie. Bella was supposed to be indiFFerent oF Edward being a vampire - it was not suppose to matter to her - but in the trailer she looked scared!! I hope the movie's portrays more oF the love story rather than 'action/horror' (Hehehe I am a sucker or romance - ie The Notebook - Cassavetes lived through his parents romance and he did very well directing Gosling/McAdams not Forgetting as well the electric chemistry between those 2) I really dunno whats C.Hardwicke's track record but I am willing to hope! :D
In the book I love that they joked around and Edward always chuckles (AAH!!) and Bella always loses her breath when she looks at him or kisses him. I hope they don't ignore it and I hope they do it tasteFully though!!
Why had the production been soo Fast? Looks like it was only a Few months, can they do a good movie on a short schedule?(I guess they can) And has anyone else seen or heard about Twilights Test Screenings? Don't movie have those ie give a chance to the Filmmakers to tweak a bit....
I guess it's all done now. I really hope Twilight's gonna be a success cos I read in Empire - Catherine Hadwicke said that the other instalments would only get made when Twilight does well.
I hope the editors does a good job as well.
HAHAHAHA.....I am ranting because I love the books soo much that I really want to the movie to do well too! And Get those people who have not read the books as well to love the story.
Okay I've got it out my chest! I reallt really really hope and pray this movie does justice to the books.

I love the choice oF lead actors and I love the Twin Peaks look oF the movie (perFect!).. I can't wait For the meadow scenes, I can't wait till November though it'll only open in Singapore on Christmas day. But am hoping to watch it when I Fly to Anaheim early December. I think there's a cinema at The Block! AAHHHHHH I can't wait!!!!

IF the movie turns out lke the Golden Compass - I will be soo disappointed but I will- I hope that become a producer someday and re-do the movie . I will do it!! :D And I think i'd still use the same cast. Dunno i it'll work...hehee
His gold eyes grew very soft."You said you loved me."
"You knew that already" I reminded him
"Its was nice to hear, just the same"
"I love you." I whispered.
"You are my life now," he answered simply
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Okay - here is what does not worry me about the movie...

I can't wait for all the teenie-bopper magazines to have Kristen and Rob and the rest of the cast on the cover and gracing the pages with articles and pin-ups. I am actually check every time at the grocery store! I am so tired of seeing those Jonas Brothers!!! (I'm about 20 years out of the normal range of buying these magazings!)

I can't wait!!!!
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

spookybell wrote:Okay - here is what does not worry me about the movie...

I can't wait for all the teenie-bopper magazines to have Kristen and Rob and the rest of the cast on the cover and gracing the pages with articles and pin-ups. I am actually check every time at the grocery store! I am so tired of seeing those Jonas Brothers!!! (I'm about 20 years out of the normal range of buying these magazings!)

I can't wait!!!!
omg so agree! i no nothing about about the jonas brothers (im a lot older) but i bought that one mag... hmm teen crushes or whatever it is, the one with the rob poster and jonas brothers was on EVERY FREAKIN PAGE! IT was like whoa! I'm sure they cool and all but not who I want to hang on my walls... jail bait? :o

i did buy the interview mag this weeked... woot woot take it off rob! :lol:

as far as the chemistry between rob and kristen... cat even said it was steamy on the set... I don't really think we have to worry about that.

Oh and when they are in the woods and it seems like kristen is scared it's because Rob isn't being nice.. remember "IT DOESN'T MATTER?!"... he has that attitude at first... then it chills... then it's all good. woot woot! :P
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*