Worried About the Twilight Movie

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Conzoni al vento

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by Conzoni al vento »

before i was so worried about it. Now i don't exactly care. As long as it's not a flop im chill..
The only thing that concerns me is that the other day i was talking to a friend and asked her if she read it and she said no. THen she said she'd just wait to see the movie and then read the book if the movie was any good. That worries me...
Edward Luvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward Luvr »

I don't know. But I don't think that the Edward in the movie is nearly what i thought Edward in the book looked like!
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I am worried about the sequels...IMDB already has new moon slated to come out in 2010...so let hypothetically say that a new movie comes out every 2 years...BD won't com out until 2014...all the actors will look so old by then, and since the books only take place over 2 years...it kinda screws things up (especially when half the characters don't ever age)

I am also worried abour Kristen Bell...I am not a fan of what I have seen, she is so...meh. I didn't particularly like her work in Into the Wild, which is the only other movie I have seen her in...but the line where they ar ein the house and shes say "I'm not afraid of you" it sounds so drama school...not like she is Bella saying the words for the first time you know. It's hard for me to see someone else play Bella because I see myself in her shoes...so it should be me on screen!

I'll go with an open mind, and I hope it's good enough to make the other books into movies...though they need to get a move on! :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Hey, it's Kristen Stewart who plays Bella...

Kristin Bell is someone totally different. She plays in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" this summer.
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

Yes, on IMDB it does have New Moon in 2010. They might just have to film the movies closer together but not release them right away. Do they do that sort of thing? Otherwise, yes Rob Pattinson will be much older. I son't think he will be looking bad, just older than 17.
I too hope the movie isn't cheesy. I was worried with the first trailer, but the others I've seen have helped me change my mind.
[
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

I think I'm just going to try to take the movie for what it is, and not worry too much about things being changed. When i went to a Breaking Dawn release party, there were like 20 of us standing around the tv watching the teaser trailer, and they were analyzing it and saying how bad they thought it was going to be. Even from the teaser trailer, I always thought it looked great. I know things are going to be edited, and some things will be cut, but i just got to remember that this is an adaptation, not an exact copy.

I've been happy with what I've seen so far, so I think things will be fine.
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Post by lalilin »

The only thing I'm really worried about is that they're not going to keep up with the novel. I know they can't do the novel word for word but I don't want them to get carried away. I know they're already adding a field trip scene that wasn't in the novel which they did get SM's permission which is cool. I've also seen the ballet studio scene and it's a wee bit inaccurate. I really don't want to be all critical...I can't help myself :( I'm sure the movie is going to be AWESOME though.
Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

I'm worried about little things but am trying to be open minded. I'm sure the cast will do a great job but Edward is meant to be a 17 year old (which is easy to play) but with a past (a long past), he should have wistom and horrors in his eyes which is hard, not to mention the fact Rob has to play Edward in between how Bella sees him (total angel, in and out) and how he sees himself (most hidious monster that ever lived).
Also, all the vampires have to be vampires with super brains and stuff. Well, I know the movie people are trying their best and I'm sure it'll be awsome!!.x
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Yeah...I'm not really sure why I wrote Bell...I know the difference though and my statement still stands...just a slip of the keyboard :D

I'm not too worried about the success of the movies, just because there is already a built in fan base, and as movies rake in the money, it makes people interested in seeing it. I can't wait to see it, and I hope all my fears are proven wrong!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Aoife_ni_Bhaoill
Settled in Forks

Post by Aoife_ni_Bhaoill »

I'm worried about the fact that Edward is supposed to have this amazing, soft, sexy voice, and at the same time they're giving him an American accent. That's an almost total contridiction... :(