Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by netnut » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:43 am

I know this is my third posting for this thread, but i guess that means im UBER scared for the film now.

I just read the official soundtrack list for this movie, & am debating whether or not to ditch the film altogether. How can this genre of music even SEEM befitting for the content that is twilight(excluding MUSE)?! ok, other vampire-related things(that i dont like) can be associated with a futuristic high-tech city where hardware is present on everyone's clothes & combat boots are worn by everyone & everyone looks like characters in the matrix & the sun never comes up. but NOT twilight! please dont do this to me! twilight's too pure & lady-like & jane austen-ish for that!

seriously, my best friend, who is more of a music nazi than i, asked me just right now after seeing the soundtrack list: "UGH! why cant cool people like you write a hit-vampire novel series, for once!?" (dont kill the messenger, please!)

I just wanted people who never read the book & think vampires are a "Weird" subject to see the movie & change their minds, not be totally turned off because of the music. Does anyone else feel this same annoyance?

K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by K-Dawg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:03 am

I suppose it's not worry as such.

but I really, really want the scene where Bella tells Edward he's not scary and he tackles her onto the couch. I know that this isn't in the movie, going by all the trailers - Edward jumps out the window instead.

I'm not sure if it's a good substitute for the couch or not.. :?
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!

BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 am

I am worried that the movie won't be as good as the book. That is what usually happens to books that they make into movies, besides James Bond.

And yeah, I like the cast on the screen, I hope they remain the same. :)

But the voice of the actors are abit weird. Especially Bella . I watched the trailer. It sounded weird.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.

BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:40 am

random_mad_fan wrote:i have only one worry

IS IT COMING OUT IN BRITAIN?!?!?!?

seiriously i'm NOT waiting for the DVD or paying through my teeth to see it! I HAVE TO SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN!!

also i have evrey faith in Robert Pattrson (sorry if i spelt the name wrong i do that) i have to he's british :lol: when i first heard he was playing Edward i had my doubts but after being a youtube-serching-saddo-with-no-life i can see him pulling off ANY part! maybe my problem was I only saw him as Cedric Diggory; GOd! that shows how cultured I am!! :lol: jezz i have to stop laughing at my own jokes - it's NOT healthy!

Lol. Don't worry. I think the movie is gonna be released in Britain faster than my country. You can check out www.imdb.com
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.

mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 am

I am worried for anyone who hears all the hype about Twilight but still doesn't read the books. I have been telling every single person that I talk to that they need to read the book (at least Twilight) before they see the movie. The majority of people think I'm nuts (what else is new :lol: ) but I really do want everyone to read the book well before the movie is released. The cast looks great but there are emotions conveyed in the book that are going to be hard to show on screen. That's my biggest concern.
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward

LittleJoanna
Settled in Forks

Post by LittleJoanna » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm defintetly worried :s Because it seems they're gonna make a lot of things diffrent than in the book, which is frustrating. If it was any other book/series I wouldn't care that much. Sad sad sad. I'm probably gonna cry through the whole movie, because something is so right and beautiful or because something's so wrong and stupid and ridiculous ): I'm happy with Kristen, though I didn't picture Bella like her, but I think she is very pretty and quite Bella-ish (: We'll just have to wait and see then
Last edited by LittleJoanna on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:43 pm

As far as soundtrack concerns - there is no official listing for the soundtrack as of yet. I think the only things we know is that there will be some sort of lullaby on there, as well as 2 songs written by Rob, one Muse song (I think it is Supermassive Black Hole), and a yet-untitled Paramore song. So... unless you know something we don't, I don't really know if there's anything to be concerned about just yet.

As far as the playlist that Stephenie made, all those songs will not be in the movie (probably). So if that is what you're talking about, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about there either.

I for one love all her playlists anyway. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/

Stacia

Post by Stacia » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Eek! So I have lots of concerns because, let's face it, we all know that Hollywood can butcher a movie into tiny, little pieces. But, Catherine Hardwicke is awesome and Stephenie herself, had input and has been involved in the creative process. Twilight & it's characters are Stephenie's babies - she loves them, we love them and she knows that. I highly doubt she'd let them mangle the book. That said, yes, things will be different. I'm fine with that. I just hope that the movie is understandable and relatable to the people who have not read the books (although, why they wouldn't have read them is beyond me!). I guess I'm just thinking of Harry Potter because one of my friends has gone with me to see all the movies and she hasn't the books, but just seeing the movies, she gets confused. There are things that I know (because I've read the books half a zillion times) but she doesn't. It's as if the producer/directors just throw things in from the books, not realizing that they don't make much sense because they haven't been explained. I hope they don't do that with Twilight. Granted, it's just the first movie so things should pretty much be explained without the help of the book, but still...

I do get slightly worried about the actors. And this is just a nitpick on my part but Emmett & Jasper don't look like how I pictured them. In my own head, I pictured Emmett to be thicker, bigger (not fat or anything) but more like a football player...more like (and this is body type only, I can't picture this guy playing Emmett) but someone like Channing Tatum. Tall, Muscular, Built...Someone who wrestles with bears..and Jasper...I don't know what I expected, something more of a military type...that doesn't make much sense, I know...I guess someone who looks a bit older. But I know, these are young vampires...But still, that's my own nitpick and I'm so NOT going to let that bother me a bit when it comes time for the movie...

For the fight in the ballet studio, I really hope they beat the crap out of Bella...that sounds horrible, doesn't it!? But it was just so bad in the book, that I want that to reflect in the movie as well...that it was a life or death situation and it was an extremely difficult situation, especially for Edward. This is the part where we get to see Edward and how he reacted to the whole situation. (This movie will be a "fix" until Midnight Sun because dangit I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for that darn book!)

I am worried about the sparkly Edward, as well. I want it to be perfect. I know nothing is perfect...but vampires are...Edward is...and dang it...I just don't want it to come over as corny.

I want the cars to be fast and amazing...I don't want to get stiffed on it. The cars are important too...especially that damn Volvo!

I'm worried about Bella's lullaby. Like the cars, it's almost a character as well. It's in every(?) book, with Edward humming it to Bella. I don't care who writes it, I just want it to be beautiful. Whimsical. Haunting. I want to walk out of that damn theater with it echoing in my head!

I'm also worried about the PG rating. I hope it is a PG-13, there seem to be some differing opinions on this. Like someone else said, the relationship between Bella & Edward, while not a sexual one, is still very intimate. I don't want it glossed over. It's a first love. It's being in love. It's forever love. And I want to see it! LOL! Not just a hand hold or an arm over the shoulder or a peck on the cheek!

But, more than being worried about the movie, I'm so excited about the movie! I can't wait for the lullaby! I can't wait to see how Bella and Edward react when they realize they really love each other, I can't wait for the meadow scene, I can't wait for the baseball scene (or more importantly, the scene right before that where Edward "dazzles" Bella into forgetting why she was so afraid to run with him through the woods) and I'm excited to see the part where Edward and Bella are flirting in his room and she tells him that she isn't scared of him and he knocks himself (with Bella) into the couch and Alice comes in and wanted to know if he was eating Bella and if there would be some left over...(I love that part! So cute!)...I'm more excited, then worried really...I think it will turn out great! :P

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Twilight will be PG-13...

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/la ... tings_121/

Hooray for a "scene of sensuality." *starts drooling now*
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/

jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 am

not going to bother... if anyone wants to know what i read in the script just pm me...

my script was the original so I know it's different.
Last edited by jlbower79 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*