Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by jlbower79 »

^ no no the craziness accent part was when he was telling her he was taking her to meet his folks the next day, during the car wash scene

"so you're more worried about what they'll think about you then the fact you'll be in a house full of vampires"

^ not exact line but close enough.. when he says the word "worried" it's like AWWWwwww so british and funny.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
TeamCullenRocks
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullenRocks »

I liked how they departed from the book when Bella was bitten by James and Edward had to suck the venom back out of her bloodstream. Instead of Edward just doing it and saying, "Is that better, Bella?" and stopping without much of an apparent struggle, Edward kept draining her body of blood, and Carlisle had to pressure him into stopping by saying, "Edward, find the will."; "Edward, stop. Her blood is clean, you're killing her."; "Edward...Edward!"

Yeah, that was really awesome, and how they made her fade away into her unconscious not by the injuries she had sustained from being thrown around the ballet studio like a frisbee, but by Edward nearly killing her when he tried to save her. Truly an iconic moment there.
"It makes me... anxious... to be away from you."
-Edward, Twilight, p. 188
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I think Rob's accent was great, except I laughed at the part were he said

"My family we're different from others of our kind"

or something like that. He sounded so feeble and weak. So un-Edward.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

I love everything rob says but it sounds so odd hearing him talk without a british accent. I didn't get why they changed Seattle to Jacksonville though. I thought Renee didn't move there until the very end. Hmmm I'll have to go back and check I guess.
Image Image
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

The accent was no big deal... it actually lead to the authenticity of the movie that his british accent came through.

after watching The Titanic oh so many years ago, there was an interview with the cast and when asked about the accent she (Kate Winslet) commented that after talking with historians, the upper class from the turn of the century did have a bit of an accent... although that doesn't fit Edward perfectly, it wasn't so strange.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I think it may have been sexier if he just used his regular voice. Mmmmm.
ImageImageImageImageImage
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

I apologize if someone has mentioned this already, but I was really bothered by the fact that Bella bought a book of Quileute legends where she learned of the term "cold ones."

I mean, if Jacob was forbidden to tell her about their existence, who would think it was okay to put it in a book?

OR, was Jake permitted to talk about vampires in general, but not allowed to share the story of the Cullens?

In any case, I'm not sure I buy the idea of the book as a source for Bella's epiphany.

I really think it could have stayed the same as in the book without any difficulty.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

kk i don't remember there being a scene in twilight where bella is fixing the dent in her truck and edward appears out of nowhere and tells her that he's taking her to meet his family
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

imwiththewolf23 wrote:kk i don't remember there being a scene in twilight where bella is fixing the dent in her truck and edward appears out of nowhere and tells her that he's taking her to meet his family
ahh taht's like one of my favorite parts! Go rewatch! It's right after he tells Bella about Alice's powers and stuff... he jumps to the rock and then it slams him down on her truck.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
imwiththewolf23
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by imwiththewolf23 »

yeah thats the part im talking about! i like that part too.
Clara "Al Capone" Romano for Twi-Mafia
The first werewolf in the mafia with a power. don't touch me, It'll hurt.
Lidia's official comedian
TEAM JACOBImage