Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by tricia »

mgrassel06 wrote:
switzgal wrote:Sounds like they changed the ending. Maybe they start the Jacob/Edward rivalry thing early???
I actually LOVED the ending. It did have Edward kissing Bella's neck at the end like it did in the book...but there was one little scene/clip thing after that...

AND I LOVED IT. lol

I liked the ending. It was perfect.

I LOVED the line Edward give bella.. something like " i leave you alone for a minute and the wolves circle"
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

The wolves line was such a shout out to everyone... and now that we know NEW MOON is coming, it's a total wink. :)

I liked the end with Victoria. And the Radiohead song is perfect... and those pictures of Bella and Edward being all classic vamp. SO HOT.

I thought for the most part, the non-book based scenes were really at a minimum. But they didn't break the stride of the movie or change the mood or anything. So yay. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

soozabooza54 wrote:The wolves line was such a shout out to everyone... and now that we know NEW MOON is coming, it's a total wink. :)

I liked the end with Victoria. And the Radiohead song is perfect... and those pictures of Bella and Edward being all classic vamp. SO HOT.

I thought for the most part, the non-book based scenes were really at a minimum. But they didn't break the stride of the movie or change the mood or anything. So yay. :)

They had a Radiohead song??? Or are you talking about Linkin Park?

Anyway, I love the Edward/Jacob stare. And when Edward said "so you're ready right now then?" And he pretends he's about to bite her neck!!! Love and then Victoria!!!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I wonder how many people who hadn't read the book actually thought he was actually going to bite her at prom. In a place with 200 people to hear her scream? :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

When the movie ends, it's a Radiohead song called 15 Step. After that, it's Linkin Park.
E<3B
enfennemore
Settled in Forks

Post by enfennemore »

I loved the ending scene with Victoria, BUT WAS SHE CRYING? I read reviews mentioning it, and my friend said that she was. That ruins it - vampires don't cry.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I didn't notice tears... but again, I was probably trying to start my heart/breathing again. Haha...

I think the reasoning behind the crying at the end was that Victoria was not only sad that her mate was gone, but I think that looking at Bella and Edward through the window 1)made her so filled with rage (equals angry tears), and 2)that they were so happy and in love, it made her just lonely and hurt more for James...

That's my take on it. :)
E<3B
jelliebean427
Settled in Forks

Post by jelliebean427 »

I loved the whole graduation cap collage. That was a cute little add-in.

I was sad that the Cullen's parts were all so cut. But Jackson's Rathbone's Edward-Scissorhand's style expression was absolutely priceless. OMG I almost peed my pants.

I digress.
I thought that the movie was well done and stuck to the book as much as possible. It would be so difficult for the studio to make it all word for word. The scenes that they compressed, like the meadow one, were done pretty artfully, IMHO.
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

To me, it did look like Victoria was tearing up some. Maybe from angry, and her mate did get killed. But I just LOVED how they showed her. i was NOT expecting that.

And when I saw the midnight showing, there were a lot of people there who hadn't read the books (yes, I was eavesdropping on conversations!), and I could hear gasps and stuff at the end when Edward leaned down to kiss her neck. haha I giggled on the inside.

Yes, I, too, was disappointed in the bedroom scene was Edward flies her out of the window instead of tackling her when Jasper and Alice walk in. I liked when Jasper and Alice walked in and she had her cute little line in the book.

I thought the "graduation cap collage" was VERY funny.

I loved when Bella went to meet the Cullens, and Emmett waved with the knife (SO FUNNY), and Rosalie broke the bowl.

I was sad that the Cullens' parts were cut out so much. My boyfriend has just started reading Twilight, and he has even noticed how cut out they are!

A few other scenes kind of disappointed me as well, but overall I liked it.

The so-called "meadow scene" really let me down. But my heart was pumping when Edward saved Bella in Port Angeles! hhaha

OHOH!! and, i was VERY SAD that the biology scene (blood typing) was not in there. that about broke my heart!!

I was also very sad there the airport scene wasn't in the movie. i was all looking forward to Bella racing through throngs of people, glancing over her shoulder to make sure Jasper and Alice weren't following her, and then showing a clip of Edward walking off the plane...with no Bella to be found. MAN, I wish I coulda seen that!!

My boyfriend has never read the books, and he thought the movie was pretty good (He's an Laurent, Emmett and Jasper fan, haha). He's not a big reader at all, and never really reads for fun (and if he does, he ends up not finishing the book). And he started reading Twilight the day before yesterday! He LOVES it so far. :D

I thought the humans were PERFECT. Mike was adorable. Angela was EXACTLY as I imagined her.

I about had a heartattack during the baseball scene was Jasper. he was SO HOT. Flipping the bat around with his little ball cap on. OHMYLAWD HE WAS SO FINE!!! haha

Maybe it was just me, but I feel like in the movie, they really just suddenly popped Edward and Bella into being so close. It showed them talking and all, but I really missed seeing all of those lunchroom conversations and the elongated Port Angeles Diner scene. I know in the book it took more time, and the movie, to me, it just seemed like 1) They meet, 2) He ignores her, 3) He saves her, 4) They're in love!

The while time I was sitting there, I was following along with the book. I went in knowing it wouldn't be like or nearly as awesome as the book. They had to combine scenes together and changed them around, and I realized it was hard to condense that book into two hours. So I have hopes for New Moon; maybe since Twilight did so well, they can afford to go all out on New Moon and maybe have it be longer. Hooray for the wolves! Hooray for Italy! Hooray for the Volturi! Hooray for Edward lookin' all fine! hahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

Overall, I did enjoy it, and I am going to see it again later today....after I finish a paper for my Sociology of Race & Ethnic Minorities class...EEK!! :shock:
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
ForeverTopaz17
Settled in Forks

Post by ForeverTopaz17 »

enfennemore wrote:I loved the ending scene with Victoria, BUT WAS SHE CRYING? I read reviews mentioning it, and my friend said that she was. That ruins it - vampires don't cry.
There arn't actually tears running down her face. I dont know if you remember, but it has been said in the books before something along the lines of "It looked like he would be crying if he could have" or something like that. She deffinately looked like she could have been, but she wasn't. Please dont let that tiny detail ruin it for you :roll:

I loved the non book-based scenes. My favorites:

1. Jacob coming to show Bella how the truck worked! Loved it!
2. The Cullens making Bella dinner. (Emmett cooking :D )
3. Mike Newton shaking it outside the diner! I crack up everytime!