Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Official Promos and Trailers

Post by mlola619 »

BlueStarlight wrote:I don't think I'll ever get "over" the trailer... it still gets me every time I watch it. But, I have tried to look at it from an outsider's POV, and man is that hard! I've read the book 5 times, and watched the trailer dozens of times. It basically is a love story, and I like how they have incorporated the other aspects of the story, so that it doesn't look like another teen romance. I like the fact that they included the lines "what if I'm not the hero; what if I'm the bad guy" and "say it outloud- say it!" to emphasize that Edward wants Bella to see him for what he is. Of course, the swoon-worthy stuff was good, too; and I'm glad they put in clips of Edward showing his power/abilities and saying that his family is different from others of their kind. Because, truly, Stephenie Meyer's vampires ARE different, and I'm glad the trailer depicts that.

YES! this is what i absolutely LOVED about the trailer. It pulls in all the key aspects of the story rather than "oh it's about a vampire and a human girl who fall in love". They showed the spectrum of the story- Edward's bitterness towards the fact that he's a vampire and his self-loathing. I absolutely LOVED the part where he says "Say it...OUT-LOUD" you can definitely recognize the bitterness in his voice- he hates what he is, and wants Bella to recognize what he is...and i feel that's a very important part of the story...i also died when Bella said "Vampire" haha.
Also i loved how they showed Edward displaying his power to Bella, with the speed, strength and other amazing aspects- just so perfect!
I also have to note on the kiss...*aaaa* i love the intensity of it- you can definitely see the edge in it which is one of the key aspects of Bella and Edward's relationship- desperately wanting to be together yet having so much danger involved.
And the part with the nomads was genius- You see the fear in Edward's eyes when he's explaining how his family is different to Bella in that one scene- just so visually awesome!
The baseball scene was terrific, seeing all their territorial and animal instincts coming out..really shows how different of the vampires in this story!
I also thoroughly enjoyed the short scene with Alice Emmett and Jasper jumping in the air...EPIC!!! i thought it really showed that animal aspect along with the grace of their movements...gosh that scene was just so epic i had to watch it over like 12 times and i couldn't help but think "TO THE RESCUE!" haha!
Going back to the romance part...i died with the prom scene- it was so beautiful and the backround music fit perfect, and the fact that Edward says "You have no idea how long i've waited for you" really shows his passion...*sigh*
I also must note that i almost fell out of my chair with the last clip: "You are my life now"....perfect perfect perfect! Catherine is doing an amazing job with the editing, and Rob and Kristen totally knocked their roles out of the park... exquisite!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

^^ I completely agree. That sums up all my speechlessness :lol:
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
peacepicturelexi
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by peacepicturelexi »

tsvety wrote:^^ I completely agree. That sums up all my speechlessness :lol:
haha same here :mrgreen:
you can have edward and jacob. i want seth:)
Emmy.G
Settled in Forks

Post by Emmy.G »

Yea, Yea. The trailer was AMAZING and i've watched it way too many times, i can't breath. Bla, bla, bla.
What i noticed was that it was rated PG-13 for some violence and a scence of sensuality. YES! Lets hope this kiss is sensual!!
As pumped as i am for the whole movie, i CANNOT wait this "scene of sensuality"
NessieFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by NessieFan »

I loved the Kiss scene. I have a feeling when the movie comes out on DVD its going to be one of those scenes you just continually play over and over and never get tired of. That scene and the apple scene.
From this moment on your story starts now, all that came before is prelude. Write the ending as you see it and live it, not as how the fates decide it.

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Emmy.G wrote:Yea, Yea. The trailer was AMAZING and i've watched it way too many times, i can't breath. Bla, bla, bla.
What i noticed was that it was rated PG-13 for some violence and a scence of sensuality. YES! Lets hope this kiss is sensual!!
As pumped as i am for the whole movie, i CANNOT wait this "scene of sensuality"
ha ha!! i noticed that too!! and same here. the "scene of sensuality" is something i am most definintly looking forward to. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
vampbaseballgrl4
Settled in Forks

Post by vampbaseballgrl4 »

[quote="NessieFan"]I loved the trailer! It had me giggling and jumping up and down like a fangirl,

um so was I!!!! I feel like a child at christmas and I'm supposed to be an adult... I was squealing so loud my dog was staring at me funny... that's when you know you have a problem... a little over a month and we'll all be jumping up and down in line at the theatre!!!!!
I'm totally moving to Forks and asking the Cullens which room is mine? Edward has the cottage now... his sounds good.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

They re-did the kissing scene right?

Because I remember Edward wearing some beige/white shirt on the pictures where they're about to kiss. And in the trailer he's wearing a blue one.

I think this kiss is like perfect. Wowww.
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

I also have to note on the kiss...*aaaa* i love the intensity of it- you can definitely see the edge in it which is one of the key aspects of Bella and Edward's relationship- desperately wanting to be together yet having so much danger involved.
I totally agree! It's a very intense scene, they both look like they are trying not to completely devour each other which is understandable. I don't think I would be able to contain myself if Edward was about to kiss me.

:shock: *faints at the thought of it* :shock:
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I am pretty sure by the "scene of sensulality" they meant in just the trailer. There are probably a few more in the movie.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3