Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Location, Location, Location

Post by urcoolcarrie »

porscheturbo911 wrote:
srabrgr wrote:
I had a couple of major fangirl moments when I was like "OH MY GOD, I WALKED IN THE SAME SPOT AS ROBERT PATTINSON!!!" It was hillarious :lol:
That's so funny!

I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go onto the set to watch the filming! I wanted to go sooooo badly, but I live 5 hours away! Honestly, I wouldn't have minded taking a 5 hour car drive just to go visit the set for a few minutes, but my older sister thought I was insane :P!
same here! you should be lucky though. at least you only have to drive 5 hours. i would have to drive, like, 10. it sucks.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Nightvision
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nightvision »

I got to go to Cannon after they finished shooting and could only imagine that Kristen Stewart walked along it....
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

sigh. i would LOVE to go see where they were filming, but i live in ohio. so that would be just an incredibly long car trip (and i hate driving on long trips) or a pretty expensive plane ticket. but maybe if they do the other movies i could find a way to rationalize the cost of a ticket :D
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

How do people even know when they are filming and where??? I would love to go watch them filming but I never knew where they would be---is there a special site with all this info that I am missing???
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I love all the locations they chose for filming........just wondering why, as there really is a forks and la push etc, they didnt film there?
AlternateReality
Settled in Forks

Post by AlternateReality »

I live in the desert part of Washington, the southeast area. But my family and I love the evergreen area, so I told them our next mini-vacation will be to Forks. I only gave them the choice to oblige. We will go to La Push, First Beach, the Hoh Rainforest, Port Angeles and Bella Italia, and, of course, FORKS!
But it may be a while until then...you know how it is with money.

I have no idea why they didn't film it in Forks. I never understand it when they do that. Does anyone know why?
nicalyrenard
Settled in Forks

Post by nicalyrenard »

The reason they filmed in Oregon and not in the actual towns in Washington has something to do with financial incentives. Oregon offered them and Washington didn't. Something like that.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I know that they were filming a lot in Oregon. They wanted to get the atmosphere to feel like Forks as much as possible.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

To the girls when there after the filming was completed------ What no ground kissing???!?! It'd be like kissing Rob's feet!! Or not..

And being from Washington as well (but not living there right now, Boo.) I think all of the locations they used are extremely true to the real places!!! I am just so happy they filmed it in the vicinity of Forks and not in some far off Canadian town or some Hollywood backlot, not that that would work anyways.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
Nickpup
Settled in Forks

Post by Nickpup »

I live in Oregon...within walking distance from Portland. I freaked out when I found out where they had filmed it. If I had gotten into the series earlier, I could have found out about it and possibly have been an extra. I have seen some of the videos online and grin when I see that I have been to some of the places they filmed...and I was also sad because I couldn't be an extra...here's for future movies shot in the same spot! woot! :-P