Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by navarre »

switzgal wrote:CH reveals more stuff that will be on the DVD... can't wait to buy that!!!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
Just looking at CH ticks me off! :x She screwed the movie and I have absolutely NO plans to purchase that horrid DVD. Another studio needs to buy the franchise, get a writer & director who UNDERSTAND SM's vision and make New Moon come ALIVE. Not butcher it!! :evil: Period!!! :x :evil:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

I think she did a good job visually. She did leave out some things from the story that I expected to be there, but the cinematography, the blends, the tone and mood of things were all very well done.

Keep in mind that the studios have a lot of say in how the movie turns out. She might have had a vision she wanted to put forth but the studios sort of hold the puppetstrings and make the director dance. Maybe the deleted scenes on the DVD will help patch up some of the holes left in the movie. If only they'd release a director's cut.
cullenclanfanman
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cullenclanfanman »

did you hear they might have found a new director.

i just read this today. you gotta check it out!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/12/68798/index.html
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

They say it could be Chris Weitz ...
I think this wouldn't be that good. I was so disappointed with The Golden Compass
I think he wouldn't do this like Catherine did it . Catherine was good because she loved the books and the Story and I doubt that a man can direct such a story well enough. Chris Weitz ruined The Golden Compass ... What if he does such things with New Moon as well .... like cutting out the end or leaving out important things (or persons). Ok there are poeple behind him who decide such things but I just don't think he is good enough. But let's wait and see if he becomes the one who will direct New Moon. :(
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

Did you guys see this?
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

TopazLove wrote:Did you guys see this?
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/
Yes, I saw. I am remaining optimistic about Chris Weitz directing the film. His message has given me hope. Chris stated that he is "grateful to have received the permission to protect New Moon in its translation from the page to the screen." And how he wants to put us at ease and give us reason to hope for and expect the best. It seems that he is aware of what has been said about him and New Moon out there and wants to please the fans!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

Let's just hope he knows what he is doing and the good thing is that the crew around him is still the same.
I really hope they don't cut important things out. It was really not right to cut the end out of The Golden Compass because it is important for the next book. But after I received the message I think he is aware of the fact that he can't do things which annoy us. He seems to have experience in bringing books to the screen, that's a good thing
Let's see if he can do this right. Catherine did a great job with Twilight now let's see if Chris can do this as well.
I really hope he can.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

Although I was against him doing New Moon, I really hope he does it right.....
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

All we can do now is sit and hope and pray... and wait for set reports! :)

^ Ohhh Tinuviel!!! Great to see another Ringer on here. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

soozabooza54 wrote:All we can do now is sit and hope and pray... and wait for set reports! :)

^ Ohhh Tinuviel!!! Great to see another Ringer on here. :)

Oh same here!! I'm a hard-core ringer! Hey guys, how do you feel about Taylor Lautner being replaced? I'm really sad, and I think that Catherine would never allow it.