Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
giulybecks912
Settled in Forks

Re: If a vampire bit a soul...

Post by giulybecks912 »

Hmmmmm... maybe the physical state would be vampire, and who knows, maybe it would affect the mind, like when alice was changed. It's like a trait, i think, she had visions as a human and she took that trait with her as a vampire. Besides, an insicion is made by a PHYSICAL procedure, so i believe the host would be affected too. Another thing is that this could prove edward's theory wrong, don't you think? Also, the soul can feel the needs of the body so it would feel its thirst, just like a normal vampire. in the case of being a host body like melanie and a soul like wanda, i think she would endure the thirst and not bite anything, neither human, nor animal, until she almost died of thirst, umm, since it can't really die, well, you know what i mean. and well, sorry to dissapoint the soul but this would be your last life so live it however you like cuz you'll have it forever lol :lol:
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I don't think the souls would die. Because the body they are in is fully human and they just wouldn't have to switch hosts again. They might not like the violence but if they are veg-heads like the Cullens they wouldn't object because they aren't against that just the people violence thing. And I don't think they could be removed because of how hard the vamp. skin is. And I don't think the Cullens would have to go into hiding because a soul could never catch them and even if they did they wouldn't be able to slit their skin to put the soul in.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
RiseFromAshes
Settled in Forks
Location: Buried under 2 feet of snow and frozen to the ground

Post by RiseFromAshes »

Hmmm...I wonder if the venom would kill the soul, but leave the human, or bring it back if it wasn't strong enough to survive like Mel was. Maybe the hosts aren't really all the way dead. Just kinda' silenced and paralized. Like in a coma. Venom can save people on the verge of death, maybe it could bring back a hosts own mind.

Now you all got me thinking! This could get dangerous....
Image Is it weird that I'm Team Edward AND Team Taylor?
Team Ian O'Shea You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

It's an interesting idea, a Soul in a vampire.

Risefromashes, I don't think the venom would heal the human and bring his or her mental facilities back. We have to remember that a Soul does nothing to physically alter the bodies, it simply exists within them. Vampire venom heals physical wounds, and the presence of a Soul only means a sort of mental death to the human. All of the vampires' mental predilections from their human lives still exist, so we know the venom doesn't cure them.

Conversely, a Soul doesn't seem to depend on a Human's bodily needs, it only requires that the body survive. What I mean to say is that the Soul doesn't need to filter the body's blood through its own system in order to live. That being true, I believe it's possible that, if the Soul survives the change from human to vampire, it would be able to think outside of the vampire body's desire for human blood--to choose to be "vegetarian" as it were.

I think, oddly enough, if a Soul were to become vampire it would very much act like a Cullen. Hmm...
Now that I'm thinking about that, I think it's important to identify the difference between a soul--which humans are all, presumably, born with--and a Soul--which is an alien species that body snatches. So a vampire with a soul is like a vampire with a Soul. Think Stephenie planned it that way, somehow? Weird.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think the host would turn in to a vampire just the same as any human would. Then the soul would be trapped inside forever. Unless of course it knew what was happening and tore its brains up quick. I don't imagine it could once the transformation took place, or that it would do any good even if it did.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Well, if a vampire's brain is as difficult to destroy as the rest of its body, I doubt a soul would have the power to do anything to it. A soul would have to be a slave to the body of the vampire for all eternity.

If a soul were able to destroy a vampire's brain, somehow, would it necessarily destroy the vampire? Or would we just have a vampire zombie loping around, feeding on unsuspecting humans/souls who are powerless to stop such a creature? You have to cut off the head of a zombie to kill it, but you can't very well cut off the head of a vampire. It's an indestructable creature! Holy crap!
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

slightlyobsessed wrote:Well, if a vampire's brain is as difficult to destroy as the rest of its body, I doubt a soul would have the power to do anything to it. A soul would have to be a slave to the body of the vampire for all eternity.

If a soul were able to destroy a vampire's brain, somehow, would it necessarily destroy the vampire? Or would we just have a vampire zombie loping around, feeding on unsuspecting humans/souls who are powerless to stop such a creature?
That's what I was saying. The soul would have to destroy the brain before the transformation took place or it probably wouldn't able to, and even if it did... would it do any good? Do vampires need their brains to survive? I would say not since their hearts don't beat, their lungs don't breathe, etc... But it seems that they still use them to move and think. So who knows, really.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

if a vampire bit a host . . .hmmmmmm . . . that is a really good question. i think the host would turn into a vampire and the soul would still be the soul inside. the soul would still control the host, but the host would be a vampire? i also think that maybe it's the sould that get's turned into a vampire and the host is merely the body the soul will stay in forever. stephenie meyer should write about that sometime cause it sounds really interesting.
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

mrs0cullen wrote:if a vampire bit a host . . .hmmmmmm . . . that is a really good question. i think the host would turn into a vampire and the soul would still be the soul inside. the soul would still control the host, but the host would be a vampire? i also think that maybe it's the sould that get's turned into a vampire and the host is merely the body the soul will stay in forever. stephenie meyer should write about that sometime cause it sounds really interesting.
Yeah, I agree!
The body would become a Vampire but the soul would remain the same I think.
It would be really interesting to see what would happen!
:D
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Maybe the soul ınsıde would possıbly dıe? or rıght when it felt the burning would rip the brains of the host and stufff. Like when the souls realize what doc is going to do... IDK....

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)