Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: If a vampire bit a soul...

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

eyes.would.be.scary.
well, if the soul didnt committ suicide, i think the soul would be stuck in the body, forever. and it's kinda obvious that the host would be a human.....unless a vamp bit something else.....just a thought....
anyway, what would happen if a soul invaded a vampire?? cuz, a vampire doesnt have a soul....technically.....not according to carlise.....gosh this is confusing!!
Betting on Alice.
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

i never thought about that.
your right, the eyes would be weird.
Ehhhhhh, it hurts to try to think of it. :(
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
Aradia
Wandering Through Town
Location: Trying to think of a way to enter into my books...where I can have the perfect guy!

Post by Aradia »

I honestly think that if the Souls came across the Cullens after their take-over they wouldn't try anything.

The Cullens would prove that they wouldn't be taken by force, and that its not possible to implant a soul into them. The only thing that makes me sad to think about is that Carlisle would be out of his job. With the Souls medicine, there is no need for doctors anymore...that makes me upset because Carlisle would be quite bored!
:lol:

Jace Lightwood, Edward Cullen, Ian O'Shea, and Jasper Cullen.....these are the only men I need in my life!
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hhhmm. I don't think it's so much the question of "Would a soul take a vampire as a host?", but more "What would the result be if a human host was bitten by a vampire?"

this is actually a really strange concept... would the soul inside the human be aware of what was happening? because of their reasoning and their control over their host body, would they pass through the change without screaming, or begging to die, or any of that? or would they, as many people have suggested, not allow their host body to complete the change, and instead opt for the double homicide/suicide*?

* cos that's what it is. by killing their host - homicide - they pretty much ensure their own death as well - suicide.

I think that, for the souls, this would be the most logical option, even though it doesn't make much sense...
but if the change did go through, there would be almost a triple consciousness within the one body, wouldn't there? :shock:
there would be the soul, the human host's memories, and the vampiristic mentality.
but who would that affect?? would the vampire nature affect the remaining human consciousness, or would it take hold of the soul itself?

if anyone has any ideas about this, please share them!

~ Kat

P.S. -- I agree, their eyes would be so weird! :geek:
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

I agree with most that the soul would commit homicide/suicide the second he pain of the venom started.

If for some reason they don't then I can come up with a few questions!

Let's start from scratch: a Host is a human's body with the Soul (that's sort of a centipede) attached to it as a parasite. Even if the Soul controls the Host and owns the body, they never become one physically. The Soul can leave the Host at any time with a simple procedure.

We know what venom does to the human body, but not to the soul's "body" that's inside, attached but still a separate thing. The problem is I don't know how that attachment works, does the Soul take nutrients frmo the Host or something?
We know vampire venom spreads in the victim's blood as it irrigates everything else in the body. Would the venom get into the Soul's body through the attachments?

If it does, how would the Soul's body react to it? We don't know!
- If the venom killed the Soul, then the result would be a commatose vampire!
- If the Soul dies and the Host had some consciousness still, then as a vampire we know how the mind gets stronger and sharper. They would definately come back and take over their new "upgraded" body... How they would get rid of the dead parasite inside I have no idea...
- If the Soul survived the venom: maybe it changes into something, maybe it doesn't. If it changes like the body changes then everything would be quite balanced--> A Host/Soul with "upgraded" body, that would have to control their new cravings and emotions exactly like they did the first time they entered the Host's body. They're used to waking up in new bodies and learn to adjust to that. They would definately be "vegetarian"!

Or lets say the venom just runs through the Host's body but it doesn't affect the Soul's, do you think that, as the body changes into something as solid as a rock, the Soul's "arms" would still be strong enough to stay attached to the tissues?

Anyway... the eyes would look cool!! lol
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
copper curls

Post by copper curls »

gah! thank you, paula_bnsnt!

you raised some really great questions, and some of them are questions I have asked...

how would a soul be affected by the vampire venom??
would they be aware of the transformation taking place? would they be physically affected, or would they be able to somehow prevent or slow down the process even?

they would likely be able to counteract the natural vampiristic impulses, though, right?

also, would it possible for the soul to die because of the venom? like if it affected the soul differently than it affects humans, would it result in the soul's death?
paula_bnsnt wrote:If the venom killed the Soul, then the result would be a commatose vampire!
- If the Soul dies and the Host had some consciousness still, then as a vampire we know how the mind gets stronger and sharper. They would definately come back and take over their new "upgraded" body... How they would get rid of the dead parasite inside I have no idea...
^ another good point! this could potentially end up as a comatose consciousness triple-conscience being. you know how people in comas sometimes regain consciousness, functioning, etc.? well, of those three, who would win out and take control of this newly "upgraded" body?? or would the body just end up dying?

gah! I just have so many ideas and questions about this... it's great to speculate of course, but I just want to say that I think The Host is a very well-written and complete book - a very satisfying read. :D

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
paula_bnsnt
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sparkling on sunshine, oooh oooh, and don't it feel good!

Post by paula_bnsnt »

I'm just counting on a sequel (or two!) to answer every one of these questions! lol SM won't write a corss.over but maybe she'll give us more clues so WE can write it!!

A commatose vampire would be an interesting thing to watch... A rock hard, ice-cold, breathtakingly beautiful dead body, with red eyes (and silver?) that glitters in the sunlight! lol ...Imagine the Healers trying to figure it out...!
copper curls wrote: would they be aware of the transformation taking place?
Surely, they do feel everything the Host's body feels.
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light

Team Volturi - Beatrix
copper curls

Post by copper curls »

hey, paula! :D
paula_bnsnt wrote:
copper curls wrote: would they be aware of the transformation taking place?
Surely, they do feel everything the Host's body feels.
^ but would they understand the need to control their body, or would they be even more overwhelmed than when being first inserted into a human host?

I'm just wondering, because it stands to reason that the Souls would never have encountered vampires before... so would they know what was happening? or would they think it was some sort of disease or malfunction??
paula_bnsnt wrote:Imagine the Healers trying to figure it out...

^ good point! :lol:

I don't really know if I want there to be sequel, actually... I mean, don't get me wrong, I screamed when the book ended, and read the last page twice, as slowly as I could... but it was just so good! it was one of those books that just leaves you so satisfied, despite raising so many questions. like i said, I thought it was a very well written book, with a very unique view on an interesting concept...

I do wonder, though, what wold happen if there were a situation like Mel and Wanda's with the dual consciousness, and only the human affected by the vampire venom... would it just be the same sort of relationship, with the human mind present, but the soul controlling their host's actions?
is this possibly the solution to the young vampire collateral damage??

~ Kat