Twilight verses the Host

Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Twilight verses the Host

Post by sarah! »

n0vaice wrote:
Openhome wrote:
n0vaice wrote:I haven't read the host but based on comments: TWILIGHT
its a masterpiece, an instant classic and a sacred scripture. :lol:
Yes. And your point is?

Well from comments I've read. Twilight is way better than the host.
Well I would just read it if I were you.
The Host is an AMAZING book. :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Actually, I LOVED the way you put it in your post nOvaice, "sacred scripture." :lol: :lol: :lol: It is so true and so very funny at the same time. Twilight is better because the characters are so very human. However, for science fiction, the Host is a remarkable book. I am hoping she writes a few other things in that genre. If you like sci-fi at all, I suggest you read it. It is, above all else, a tremendously written first person account, and not many books out there, especially in the sci-fi realm can touch it in that respect.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

:lol: thanks! I know it's so true! Okay I'll try to get a copy and read the host.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

n0vaice wrote: I haven't read the host but based on comments: TWILIGHT
its a masterpiece, an instant classic and a sacred scripture. :lol:

Yes. And your point is?

Well from comments I've read. Twilight is way better than the host.
But you can't really tell from a bunch of Twilight fans on a Twilight forum :lol:
It's kinda like asking a group of Harry Potter fans whether HP is better than Twilight.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

I just finished The Host today, and I have to say I liked the book a lot. Although is a bit slow at the beginning (and I had to read a bit of spoilers on what happen toward the final part of the book, so I wouldn't give up on the book half way :oops: ), I think is an amazing first person story.

Comparing with the Twilight, I prefer Twilight, because I love both the relationships of Bella/Edward and Alice/Jasper and I identify more with Twilight kind of romance and characters. (yeh yeh, I'm a hopeless romantic :oops: ).

Too bad both kinds of relationships in Twilight simply don't come by... :cry:
Yes I know there's romance in The Host, I still prefer Twilight romance :mrgreen:
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Yeah, there is just something missing in the romance section when one of you is a worm made of tinsel. :lol:
I think there could be a lot of romance, but Wanda was having a hard enough time dealing with all the other emotions to get too much into a relationship, and SM cut off the book just when it could get good. Interesting coincidence...
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

Openhome wrote:Yeah, there is just something missing in the romance section when one of you is a worm made of tinsel. :lol:
I think there could be a lot of romance, but Wanda was having a hard enough time dealing with all the other emotions to get too much into a relationship, and SM cut off the book just when it could get good. Interesting coincidence...
There was romance and the relationships the love 'square' with 3 people (yes 4 minds I know) is very interesting, but I just love the passion that makes it almost unbearable to leave without each other, in the case of Bella and Edward; and the sweet, no less intense and more private, in the case of Alice and Jasper.

Yes the potential is there, who knows if the sequels materialize those good parts you're talking about will be there :P
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

Am I the only person who thinks Carlise and Esme are the best Twilight couple?

they're so sweet and exactly what the other needs and they have done so much good together.

they rock. You don't get that sort of 'butterflies in the stomach' feeling with Bella and Edward and definately not with Jasper and Alice. Rose and Emmett are one of my favs as well because they're in a way.... sort of like a normal couple. ish. I don't know how to explain it but its a guy and a girl. do you know what I mean?

that's what I love about Melanie and Jared. they have that homely feel - none of that overdramatic love which gets a bit tedious. and Wanda and Ian - they're each others saviour. and that mix of fire and ice, the desert and the hosts and the lovers and the saviours - that's what makes the host my favourite book.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I agree with you completely, their love is just so present and real. If SM writes a sequel, it could be a tremendously wonderful love story.
Melanie's love of Jared is almost tangible in the way that SM writes it. I love the fact that we don't get any true taste of physical love, because it would have gotten in the way of understanding the depth of their emotional link. However, a little more hint of physical love wouldn't hurt in the next book. ;)
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

Openhome wrote:I agree with you completely, their love is just so present and real. If SM writes a sequel, it could be a tremendously wonderful love story.
Melanie's love of Jared is almost tangible in the way that SM writes it. I love the fact that we don't get any true taste of physical love, because it would have gotten in the way of understanding the depth of their emotional link. However, a little more hint of physical love wouldn't hurt in the next book. ;)
:lol: dude, you are my brain twin!!!

OMC! ok, I currently have twins in Spain and Broken Arrow (plus where-ever Jasper lovelock is xD ). where are you from? I could add you to my list!
Alicia Vincente and Zoey Redbird - woop!

anywho, I completely agree. Steph has a nice psychic balance in her writing styles. although, it is both serious yet realistic. For instance, the works of P.C and Kristen Cast are much more relaxed - they write like they think. and they laugh off the tragedies they face because its easier that way. fun. fun. good reading. Cullenism. Patriotism. The Host.

And Emmett said this 'twas the law. Oh yeah Emmett, we know you got style.
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.