Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: The Seeker

Post by vampirechick101 »

cedwardrox wrote:I think the seeker was following Wanda because she needed help with her host and thought she could help since she had the same problem. I think she could have been a little nicer about it, but that seems rather impossible.

I totally agree with you :D she probably wanted to get ideas of how to endure having Lacey in her head :lol:
what a nightmare that might have been, she talks too much :lol:
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cedwardrox »

I don't think I could live with Lacey in my head. Especially if she was an addition to the voices I already hear in my head.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

sorry bad post. :(
Last edited by edwardislove on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

SORRRRRRYYY :(
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

Wanda was very self sacrificing. There is no logical reason for it ( she should be able to choose death, but for argument sake ) but if her two choices were:
1) free Mel and "live" with Lacey
2) Keep Mel trapped.

I wonder what she would have done. I think death might be preferable to having Lacey in my head. :D

It seems that they retained their moral fiber but they got a lot of personality from the body. I mean, the seeker sounded just like Lacey. She was just bitter, she was just like her. And Wanda ended up shy and giggly? I had a hard time imagining it. Maybe the seeker was nice and happy and normal living as a flower for 100 years.
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

the seeker to me was just as bad as jacob, and that is saying something!!!!! she annoyed me to no end, like my sister. if i were mel/wanda i wouldn't have thought twice about shooting her in the head. in fact i would've done it myself!!!!!! that was mean but who said i was nice???
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I find the idea of being a seeker & Wanderer's Seeker both very creepy.

I wish there had been more about how Lacey was annoying in the Seeker's head; I thought that was a bit played down.

I don't think Wanda would have chosen to be in Lacey's head not just because she found her annoying but because she never would have chosen to be a "parasite" again. I think she was happy she got another chance to be human but I don't think she would've chosen it.

Image Image Image
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

So I think that the seeker was probably a very nice person in the beginning of her life. After all she is a soul and they are naturally sweet and compassionate. I think having to deal with Lacy made her that way. Not only dealing with her but maybe some of Lacy's personality leaked into the seeker. No wonder she hated humans if the only referance she had of the species was Lacy. All her actions probably stemed from desperation of getting her out of her head.
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse