Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
prospersetter22
Settled in Forks

Re: The Story arc

Post by prospersetter22 »

i thought the book was good. Definatly not as good as twilight but still good. You become really attached to the characters but the book took a hundred pages or so to get hooked by the book. i would recommend it. it just isnt as good as twilight.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

^^ You are definitely right about the 100 pages before the story gets remotely interesting. It almost made me want to just say eff it and not read it.
his_bella
Settled in Forks

Post by his_bella »

The big downfall to this book was the AGES it took to get interesting..
like i really had to FORCE myself to continue reading at first cuz it was just that pointless and..bad.. and .. repetetive.. jeez
but waw..am i glad i continued.. it drew me in and was just as good as twilight in that aspect..
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

ashleygill03 wrote:I really liked the Host, but it took a while for me to get into it.

The biggest surprise for me in this novel was that the group decided not to kill Wanda, and to put her into another Host body. I really didn't see that one coming.
It took me awhile to get into it too!
welll at first I didn't get it. It was os confusing and I didn't get whos perspective it was from...
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

i read it in a day so it wasn't too bad to get going for me
twilight will allways by my fav but i do think the host was written better
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

loved it from the start!!!! and all the way through. the ending was completely unexpected!! it broke my heart when wanderer decided to leave.... :cry: i seriously cried more than i did in new moon! i keep waiting for a second one...
Betting on Alice.
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

G-Faerie08
And I hope I was not the only one, but with the last 10 chapters of the book, I was freaking bawling my eyes out. It was hard to keep reading because after I would wipe my eyes, they teared up again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wasn't my hubby thought I'd done lost my mind when he'd look over an see me :oops: I usta make fun of my grandma when she'd read an cry well SHAME ON ME, BAD HYVANNA! :lol:

It too took me a bit to get into the book.. when i started i had to stop give myself a day cause i had just shut Brakeing Dawn an opened the Host, well you just cant do that... So when i restarted i said to my self Aleins think Aleins I LOVE Syfi, and anything Myth.. Actuly when i started was sorta like readin Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials, reminded me of the Bears dont know why well and the cuttin thro demenchens. *Anway*
I was surpized at the way Jared more or less beat Wanda/Melanie into "the hole" i loved readin that part verry entertaining but surpizeing , then Ian's kiss was just as rough *you go Ian* :D
Verry happy they kept Wanda and Ian got to hold her in alien form, that part sorta surpizeing to that he told her he did.
Uncle Jeb giveing Wana a chance and then chores to do Awesome.
Melanie's brother so sweet, was kinna surpizeing an a little weird they let him pic a girl host instead of Ian.
I didnt see the new host body as being a 14 year old i know iv read some people did but i know some short adults so it wasnt weird for me, some of the weman in my family are like barly 4ft tall im 5,2 an that is TALL for a female in my family.
twilight.geek
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilight.geek »

I love The Host. It is a wonderful book!
I liked that there was a love triangle but not really. I'm happy that Ian and Wanda got together and Jared and Mel got back together. I love happy ending...yes, I would say that The Host had a happy ending other then poor Lily. I like that Sunny and Kyle are so cute together! Man, I said like an annoying fangirl here but who cares! I can't wait for the other books to come out. I heard that there was going to be two other books! :D
I always love that Stephenie Meyer post the book's playlist on her website. It's fun to listen to the songs and know where they would go in the book. But I just really love music!
I also hope that Jamie will find someone because Jamie needs someone to love too...but maybe not until he gets a little older! :)
Stephenie Meyer did an amazing job writing The Host. Great Job Steph! :D
All you need is a steak and a fishing pole and you can catch your own werewolf! Man, I wish that was true.
TEAM WEREWOLVES! I run with werewolves.
Team Ian!
Team Peeta!