Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Sequels

Post by debussygirl »

Well, Melanie and Jared already have their own cave together, so...
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Black wrote:Well, as normal as a pregnancy can be underground, right? lol

I hear a lot of people say that Kyle and Sunny will be the first to have a baby but I don't really see the logic behind that... It might be like my friend Matt said, with Kyle having a lot of angry sex, but somehow, I just can't see that happening XD.

I dunno why but I guess I assumed it would be Wanda or Melanie that had a baby first...

Thank you Naureen!!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Me too. I still can't decide who's gonna come first, though. If I had to choose I guess I'd put my money on Melanie. Only because she and Jared seem much more comfortable around each other and probably do things a lot more often than Ian and Wanda.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I have to agree. I think that it will be Jared and Melanie who get pregnant first if any of them. They have loved each other a lot longer and still really want each other. Where Ian and Wanda are just getting used to the idea of each other. Although Ian is my favorite character and I really want to know more about him and Wanda. ugh....I wish she would hurry and tell us when and if another book is coming out. :)
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Who do you think would be the better set of parents?
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I really don't think that one set wold be better than the other Black. I think that they have completly differant personalities so there parenting styles will be different, yes, but over all I think that both sets would do an amazing job at raising a child.Even in a crazy world like the one that they live in.

I can see that there would be more obsticles for Ian and Wanda because of her not having a complete grasp on the human mothering/giving birth part. Even with that in mind, I still think that she will do just fine and handle it all very well, because so far she has done so well with her transformations.

This is very off topic but who do you guys see as being Melanie and Wanda?
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

BaylorBear12 wrote:I really don't think that one set wold be better than the other Black. I think that they have completly differant personalities so there parenting styles will be different, yes, but over all I think that both sets would do an amazing job at raising a child.Even in a crazy world like the one that they live in.

I can see that there would be more obsticles for Ian and Wanda because of her not having a complete grasp on the human mothering/giving birth part. Even with that in mind, I still think that she will do just fine and handle it all very well, because so far she has done so well with her transformations.
I agree. I think they'll all do fine in their own ways.
This is very off topic but who do you guys see as being Melanie and Wanda?
I haven't found any actresses who look like what I imagined in my head, but I did find some awesome pictures on deviantART.

http://shanaimal.deviantart.com/art/The ... t-87604982
http://shanaimal.deviantart.com/art/The ... r-86380676
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

WOW those are really good interpretations.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I would give a lot to be able to possess that kind of talent.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

That artwork was amazing, Black. They are perfect for Mel and Wanderer as Pet. Now, we need to find those ladies in REAL LIFE!

Okay, two new questions about potential sequels:

1) Do you foresee the community in the caves moving? Going to look for another, bigger place to call home? They're going to need more room soon, especially if the new humans we met at the end of The Host are going to stay with Jeb and his "family." We already saw them sort of scraping the edges of their home with the addition of Wanderer, so it kind of seems inevitable, right?

2) Do you think that there will be a big battle for Earth at the end of the series? Or do you think the humans and the Souls will be able to live peacefully together somehow? Souls don't fight, but many of them have found Earth to be more of a home than any of the other worlds they've ever visited (Wanderer for instance). Would they be willing to fight for that now? And if they all (humans and Souls) give peace a go, how would that work? Would Souls that are already on Earth be fine, but no new Souls are introduced? Unless, of course, Souls give birth and implant new Souls into their children, I suppose. And would humans be willing to put aside the urge for revenge against the Souls if it meant they no longer had to fear for their own lives?

Okay, that was more than two questions. Two general areas of discussion, I guess.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic